It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coyote Season tonight is breaking my heart

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
many years ago, the time when I lived in Sedona Oak creek canyon, there was a guy who came to stay with us for a short time. I have always thought he was an off worlder, a traveler of the Galaxy. He told me about having an experience in the outbacks of Arizona that had to do with a pack of wild coyotes. The story has remained so deeply in my heart that it touches my soul. They in short lead him out of the desert when he was most certainly lost. I can share the story if anyone is interested, later...

For now as I celebrate Christmas with my children, my 20 year old son who came home for the night with his new bride, some friends and my other two teenage boys. A peaceful fun night, too full if you know what I mean but up for some games, hanging out, playing music and such. So I step out on my porch (I do live in the boonies) and hear "My" coyotes screaming, barking non stop and I knew something was wrong.

A truck is out there, they have set traps from the sound of it and are torturing the poor canine souls. I have gone off to help them, have mentally told them to GO to run away, have tried to find the hunters, they hid from me, and even called 911 to validate it is coyote season.

FFFF! Nothing I can do! So all around my peaceful home I hear the sounds of killing on this supposed special family night. canines represent so much to me, my Native soul, my loyal heart, my compassion and empathy are the deepest part of me. These coyotes are like distant family to me, they do not kill the local livestock but instead hunt rabbits, possums, squirrels, grouse, turkey and small game in general.

I had to write this down and share. I know some people with hate in their hearts do not care and even love this. I do not in any way love this, it hurts my spirit to the core to know they are suffering.

I have lost my voice yelling against the wind tonight telling them to not torture them any more, if they must do it quickly, do not make them suffer!

I am just a wreck, have lit candles and sent powerful prayer to all that I know to help them into the next life, into the light of love.

Call me crazy, I do not care I am who I am am and this absolutely breaks my ever loving heart. Bless their hearts tonight, please if you pray and if you love nature as I do, please I ask that you too hold in your heart the gratitude for the lives these beautiful creatures have lived.

Please make these people go away from here.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

I do feel your pain, and the only reason there is a "coyote season" like any other game (that word disgusts me) the only reason there is a "season" is because we humans invaded their territory and gave them false means of prosper. It actually is beneficial to the environment we do hold such seasons, but it would be more beneficial if we just stopped invading natural habitats and lived within the means we already have.

Merry Christmas to you!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I know, my nose burned and my mouth is down turned too, tears welled up when I saw your reply.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Awwww, those poor beautiful creatures! Do you own the land they are hunting on? Put up do not trespass signs. I take it you don't own the land they are hunting on or you would have done this. My heart goes out to you and the beautiful animals. HUGS!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

WEll I know the logic behind this, I do, yet I cant help but feeel so strongly about what I heard and the fact I will no longer hear them in the night, they sooth me and are always a grounding comfort to listen to their nocturnal songs. In a world gone crazy, they are one representation of naked truth in my ways of life and perceptions. I really hated living in the great southwest because millions have been made off of the coyote symbol, artistry and the likes, however everyone wanted them dead as well. No compassion for their amazing lives and fear of them too. They reflect only what you put out and there are so many stories of them coming to the aid of humans in history.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I live out in the boonies, too. The coyotes can be a problem...snatching chickens, goats, and the occasional cat. They killed a neighbor's German Shepard.
I've never shot one and I would never set a cruel trap for them, but I do go fire a few shotguns rounds in the air if they get too close. They know to keep their distance.
I actually enjoy listening to their yelping. They just need to keep it off my property.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Noo honey, all I could do was listen from my little 5 acres as these hunters went onto other farmlands surrounding me tonight. they went out at some point and set the traps as best I can tell, intuit, and then came tonight to do what they are doing. They were not humane. They must know I am crazy. I dont care, they are not my neighbors or friends, they are hunters who enjoyed sufferage of natures beings. Man I wish this had not happened before that beautiful super moon in a few days. Planned to have an amazing outside bonfire, listen to the coyotes and dance to the rhythm of a peaceful night in the country.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: Vector99

They reflect only what you put out and there are so many stories of them coming to the aid of humans in history.

This is true with many wild animals, and well we are animals too afterall. The wild ones seem to have a better sense of compassion (humans that is).

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I ve lived here for over 15 years and they have never caused a problem, like I wrote above they respect mans place and their livelihood, they stick to little creatures. Its FFFFFF.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Ok thanks guys, I am so happy I have this site to come to when something like this gets to me, I love this community and the loving members who are always so selfless and supportive. I know this subject has merit on both sides I do not deny that, and for livestock investment it is not worth taking chances with new borns and such, but thats not what this thread was about. Its just a way to somehow put this behind me, and to be able to go hang out with my Children and friends without being a let down, drag, emotional wreck.

Thank you again.

"There is no peace on earth I said" *Burl Ives

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
They're heading right for us!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

South Park?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

If I was in the vicinity of where the cull happens, I too would be deeply saddened. I can't kill anything apart from mosquitoes.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I'm so sorry
I can't stand it when I hear stuff like that, I would be a mess too. My heart goes out to all animals, I wish we could leave them be. I wish they would at least outlaw traps, horrible things!
Send a mental message to stay hidden on your land, maybe they will 'hear' it.. (I know people will laugh but I've seen similar things work)
Hugs to you on this sad night

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hey, just go set some traps too and if you catch a hunter on your land he better hope you find him before the wolves do......just a thought, there has to be something you can go out and do to keep the animals safe. ..maybe set off all their traps so they can't catch anything.

link   
Are clamp traps seriously still legal over there?

Honestly, I don't have any real issues with hunting in general... But those traps are inhumane & brutal and should not be allowed, whether its a coyote, rabbit, or whatever...

link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Yeah, they're safe here.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Yes they are, and there are no advocates for them, seems America is becoming the hunting grounds for all life from trees' to all Gods creatures, wild horses come to mind as well as many other species. Next will be humans.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

I didnt know, was busy with Holiday music, shopping for gifts, wrapping, singing, cooking, baking, cleaning and decorating. It was not until I stepped outside to admire the shimmering lights, over 5 thousand this year, that I heard the culling. I did all I could at that point, but they are all over the countryside surrounding me. You cant walk out in the dark and even though I always knew the day would come and I would have to face this, tonight I just wasn't prepared emotionally to handle it. I guess my heart was on my sleeve, my love for family, traditions and joy open fully, then this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join