It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stag Arms owner pleads guilty to federal firearms charges, will get out of gun business

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Snippet:

HARTFORD — The owner of a local gun manufacturer has pleaded guilty to violating federal firearms laws. The president of Stag Arms, LLC, Mark Malkowski, 37, pleaded guilty to a federal firearms charge. Per a plea agreement, Malkowski has agreed to pay a $100,000 fine, while the company will pay a $500,000 fine. Stag Arms also has to forfeit its gun manufacturing license, and Malkowski agreed to get out of the gun business and never return in an ownership or management role.

SOURCE: FOX61 Hartford

In the governments complaint Stag Arms LLC had 62 fully automatic rifles on the premises. They had many weapons with the SNs obscured as well. I think this guy got off pretty light considering the seriousness of have unlicensed full autos on the premises. He is out of the licensed gun making business and a 100K fine and the company has to pay 500K fine. No jail time.

edit on 12pm2015-12-22T16:02:36-06:00040212America/Chicago021231 by machineintelligence because: proof read fail

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
So, the existing federal gun laws......WORKED. Imagine that. I say kudos, and hope it is not held aloft by the president as a call to strengthen the laws that worked. He should herald it as a case of the existing federal gun laws working on a firearm manufacturer, ensuring that everyone follows the existing laws. It should also be a call to law enforcement to actually enforce the existing laws on the books and not kowtow to the need for more laws that attempt to make illegal acts "more" illegal.

edit on 12/22/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Yup Stag left themselves wide open by failing to mark serials on the parts within 7 days of manufacture.

TFB

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents seized nearly 300 of the AR-15 parts from Stag Arms in September following routine inspections, prosecutors said. At the time, the father of Stag Arms owner Mark Malkowski told authorities that the employee who places serial numbers on parts was on vacation.

The New Britain-based gun-maker gained a high profile in the state when Malkowski became a vocal critic of a stricter state gun-control law passed in the wake of the 2012 Newtown school shootings.

Probably a bit of a vendetta going on here also, mind you, other manufacturers moved out of that state for a reason.

Prosecutors asked a judge to allow the government to keep nearly 110 of the seized assault rifle parts for “the use and benefit of the United States.”

Keeping unmarked lowers is something that ought to give rise to much conspiracy speculation as the government could put any number or no number at all and use for what?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Can you imagine what a manufacturer of guns is supposed to say to federal prosecutors after this finding:

"Stag Arms could not account for 200 guns, meaning they are lost."
"I wonder "Gun Walking" going on perhaps?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Probably a bit of a vendetta going on here also, mind you, other manufacturers moved out of that state for a reason.

The Feds are the driver on this but I think you are right that a vendetta is involved when you consider they made and sold very sought after, quality made ARs to the civilian and LEO markets.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Stag was the leader of cheap AR-15 bodies. It's a shame to hear they're shutting down. Don't be mislead by the media...there likely wasn't assembled rifles with no serials laying around, just the bodies (which is the part the government considers a gun).

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Battlefresh
They also made some nice drop in 22LR conversion kits for the ARs that were very popular with the LEO community saving departments a bundle on training ammo.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Battlefresh

But that is irrelevant if they have federal regs to follow, and they did not. That is a violation. I am an ardent defender of the 2nd Amendment, but I also make every attempt to follow the laws on the books. This is a case where someone (or a business) did not follow the regs/laws, got caught, and prosecuted.

Doesn't that prove that existing laws, if enforced, do really work?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Agreed. That is, IMO, unforgivable and worthy of the current judgement. I just hope those 200 missing arms are found in a LEO locker somewhere, untagged due to a paperwork snafu.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
And the purge, begins. Not having been "convicted" but yet? He pleads/begs for mercy?

Yep! The purge begins, under T.D.C. regardless of "law".

There will be more.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

..."Congress shall have exclusive legislation, not EXCEEDING, ten miles square "... Congress makes "federal law" and only for or within its jurisdiction. What part of the law is or not "federal" to you?
Are you saying the "State" this business was open in, didn't have a handle on Stag?

They may have "broke some law". But I don't see wear a "crime" was committed.

I hope the "law" never catches you. We're all "criminals" now. ....How do you "plea"?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Laws make criminals. That's all a "law" does. So in this case? Yes, I'd agree. The "law" worked!

So how did the "law" work for the "government" running arms to Mexico?

Oh, that's right? They're the "law".... I stand corrected!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22

Breaking some law is committing a crime.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Is this for real..

Broke some laws. But no crime committed?

Crime definition: an act or the commission of an act that is forbidden or the omission of a duty that is commanded by a public law and that makes the offender liable to punishment by that law.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Realy, "roadgravel"? Show me the "victim", a body. Who lost there liberty, life or happiness?

I say again. Show me a victim! Are you a victim?

How many "Feds" broke the "law" running guns to Mexico, in "violation" of "law"?

When you witness, with your own eyes, these, our "masters" capitalizing on a tragedy. To enforce, not right, but a "law". Talk to me then, of right, wrong, law and crime?

Please, tell me about a "crime"?
I agree! The "law" really worked! Freedom 0 on the scoreboard.

(post by murphy22 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Realy, "roadgravel"? Show me the "victim", a body. Who lost there liberty, life or happiness?

Using your logic as long as no one is hurt robbing banks isn't illegal.

How many "Feds" broke the "law" running guns to Mexico, in "violation" of "law"?

You need to get your facts straight the feds didn't run guns into Mexico. They were keeping track of the shops that were selling the guns and then lost track of the people who were buying them and shipping them across the border. It happened under both Obama and Bush.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

Can you imagine what a manufacturer of guns is supposed to say to federal prosecutors after this finding:

"Stag Arms could not account for 200 guns, meaning they are lost."
"I wonder "Gun Walking" going on perhaps?

LOL, guns don't walk, people walk off with guns.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Really? How many laws have you "broken"?
Yes. None, I'm sure.
Yet? You have no answer regarding the "law" breaking it's own law? Running guns to foreign nationals and criminal organizations.
One of thier own, died committing that "crime"....

Please continue your "legal" lecture.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

a reply to: theonenonlyone

Good! You can read, sit, rollover and play dead. That's cute and all! You seem "educated". I hope you, in your lifetime, never violate "public law". We'd hate, to have to deny you, of your "treat".

OOOOkkkay then..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join