It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What The Heck Is That Thing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Ok, so why am I posting this here instead of the general chit chat or the Hoax Sections? I ain't sure! Until someone here comes up with a logical explanation of what's going on in the video below. Is it a hot air balloon? Or some kinda reflection? Or CGI? As for me I haven't the faintest clue!

So here goes. First a snapshot from the video....

And the video....

Wild guess - hot air balloon!

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
That's an example of when they use adobe after effects properly to do these things.
Not a silly over the top whacky cgi object flying around the place with stupid music in the background.
Surprisingly understated, I liked the touches of digital interference they added too!

Third phase of the moon should try to match this style.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

Section 51 2.0 is the youtube channel that created this video. They're whole channel is based of creating or posting fake UFO vids.

With that said...

HOAX BIN HERE WE COME!
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
CGI for sure... I mean that is just my opinion.

Would have been a little more believable if the so called artist "lack there of" would have kept the object from descending into the clouds.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

This is what they call a hoax.

2nd.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Again a few people calling it a hoax or CGI with no ground, other then that they can not accept the fact their might be floating around a strange object/phenomenon.

Unless someone shows a CGI breakdown, it is a strange thing filmed. In other words a Unidentified Flying Object.

True, things can be faked today , very good, so it would be impossible to see the difference on a youtube.

Does that mean it is a fake? No, it means it is possible.

So before you call out its a fake or a hoax. Please provide some substance!

Or try this: I don't know.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Hoax I'm afraid,

Looks like a new CGI UFO Youtuber to add to the list, all this does is polute the waters for real footage.

Youtube Channel

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It is well done. If this were posted on an ordinary user account I might be tempted to say it was some sort of aerostat (surveillance balloon) but the fact that the youtube account promises new UFO videos every Monday... [HOAX!]

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
Again a few people calling it a hoax or CGI with no ground, other then that they can not accept the fact their might be floating around a strange object/phenomenon.

Unless someone shows a CGI breakdown, it is a strange thing filmed. In other words a Unidentified Flying Object.

True, things can be faked today , very good, so it would be impossible to see the difference on a youtube.

I agree! How about the 'experts' explain how it's been done? Just trashing it out of hand as CGI doesn't need brains.

Personally I think it's probably a balloon of some kind.
edit on 20-12-2015 by ColonelSF because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ColonelSF

Looks like the "Angel Of The North" went for a flight.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 20-12-2015 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Too bad it conveniently defocused juuust as they zoomed on it. As far as what it looked like, it looks like a hair dryer. A disc shape would have been too obvious.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Yeah, the camera shake is artificial for a start. Whilst the other elements may be high enough quality to fool some people, they took a pretty lax approach on the realism of the camera shake when zoomed in. That kind of camera shake just wouldn't happen on a plane like that. Anyone who's taken video on a plane and zoomed in will not have found their image suddenly starts shaking like a japanese earthquake. It really is CGI and no-one needs to explain otherwise, the original reply person knew it and said it clearly enough about Adobe After Effects. The addition of the camera shake is so bad, that when they zoom out you can see a clear cut from that "plugin" or whatever being switched on to switched off. It's bad... really bad!!

Not forgetting all the other issues, such as a good 50 people sat along the same line of window seats and do you hear any reactions whatsoever to a gigantic floating angel of the north out their window?? Much bull.
edit on 20-12-2015 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

This is what they call a hoax.

2nd.

Explain yourself, dont just throw a comment like that out.

Why exactly is it a hoax?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
Why exactly is it a hoax?

Because it isn't real?

That channel is full of (some good, some not so good) of CGI UFO video's.

Here is another:

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

It's Thor's hammer!

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Funny that the pilot didn't happen to notice a giant hammer floating near the plane and report it... Or any of the other passengers, for that matter.

Wonder why that is?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

This argument is null and void.

It's a HOAX .

Bitnof research and you will draw the same conclusion.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

I think it's fake and I will provide substance. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this before, but if you look to the clouds, you won't see the gigantic shadow this thing isn't casting. Wouldn't you expect to be seeing one, somewhere?
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

If you had filmed this object, how would you have publicised it? Would you have taken names, numbers and statements from fellow passengers, air crew and pilot? Would you have made sure to have recorded time, date and cords for where it happened? Would you have bundled up your statements and footage and contacted significant, influential media corporations? Maybe send them DVDs of the footage and PDFs of the information and statements?

Or would you have slipped it into the archive of a YT uploader?

Bearing in mind such footage and such an object would literally be history-changing, do you really hold a teensy weensy bit of doubt that the footage might be genuine?

I'm a huge fan of 'I don't know' when it comes to UFO sighting reports. All the same, let's call a hoax a hoax when it's plainly obvious.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

If you had filmed this object, how would you have publicised it? Would you have taken names, numbers and statements from fellow passengers, air crew and pilot?

I know that I would have been shouting my assnipples off if I was filming such a thing, but that's me. Also, there is no reaction from anyone else. Could one person alone see this? May be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join