It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Atheist Bow to Anthromophism?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
In a way the situation is really funny.

See any expression of God with, respect of atheist dogma contributes some expression of Anthropomorphism. But a problem is that in definition, God from the context of many belief systems and in general denies any real human conclusion as absolute.

Lets consider the Book of Revelations, that presents God as a being who's head is undefinable in any real sense as applied.

Atheist seem intent upon applying some grosser definition of what religion really is all about.

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Im not sure what your asking but ill try to answer, for me personally i dont believe in any gods and it stops pretty much there, where all born one day, then die.

Thats pretty much what i think.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
i think what you are saying is that humans are unable to comprehend god therefore we cannot critique it or and other gods?

if so there is a difference between deism and theism, we can go into that if you want
edit on 19-12-2015 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Do Atheist Bow to Anthromophism?

No.

Atheist seem intent upon applying some grosser definition of what religion really is all about.

Can you expound on this? Give an example? Tell us what it has to do with anthropomorphism?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Modern religions do not in fact suggest that.

Life after death is life.

To put it simply consciousness would transcend from it particle aspect to its wave perspective.

And just of the top of my head I know of no major religion that in context presents that as valid.

The situation is really simple to understand....Atheist simply engage in perspective of Religion. from the frame of not understanding that most if not all Religions. In orientation, do understand. That Anthromophismis not applicable to God in any real way is philosophically or otherwise relatable to any potential and in general definition of God

Any thoughts?

edit on 19-12-2015 by Kashai because: Added content

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Your argument has a number of false premises in it; therefore, it's invalid.

Atheism doesn't have any 'dogma' because it isn't a world view, belief system or anything like that. It is simply a position that lacks a trait. A-Theism is simply a lack of theism. You're basically calling 'bald' a hair color.

Atheists have a lack of belief in a god, so whenever an atheist speaks about the topic of gods, it is using the context in which the god(s) in discussion derives from.

Atheist have no intent on defining what 'religion is all about'. However, we do actually have the tools necessary to describe it outside of the context of Atheistic and theistic positions. If you say something is religious, when it is not, then the claim deserves to be proven incorrect. The person who proves the claim incorrect can be of whatever background, so long as they can back up their rebuttal with facts (and facts are neutral, they don't hold any position)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I don't think Atheists have any kind of common stance like what you're talking about. Other than they don't believe in some Anthropomorphized God like most Religions have. Some Atheists believe in Cosmic Consciousness or Universal Mind or various other things too. Just not some Being or entity who controls everything. Some also believe simply in a mechanical universe. But there isn't really a single cohesive perspective from Atheists at all other than they just don't believe in any entity residing over the universe like Most Religions Teach.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

What I am saying is that if one takes into consideration the concept of God and with regard to Religion in general. One could consider that God is an old looking man that get really angry if you eat certain fruit from a tree in his Garden.

But nonetheless if one looks very carefully into major religion and in general such a conclusion is in effect inappropriate given, in depth investigation.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
atheism is simply the rejection of a belief of a god. we are not convinced by any theist or deist arguments. all other commentary about god is philosophical

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

What I am saying is that if one takes into consideration the concept of God and with regard to Religion in general. One could consider that God is an old looking man that get really angry if you eat certain fruit from a tree in his Garden.

But nonetheless if one looks very carefully into major religion and in general such a conclusion is in effect inappropriate given, in depth investigation.

ok
then lets start with definitions
what is god to you and why do you believe it to be true?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I don't think Atheists have any kind of common stance like what you're talking about. Other than they don't believe in some Anthropomorphized God like most Religions have. Some Atheists believe in Cosmic Consciousness or Universal Mind or various other things too. Just not some Being or entity who controls everything. Some also believe simply in a mechanical universe. But there isn't really a single cohesive perspective from Atheists at all other than they just don't believe in any entity residing over the universe like Most Religions Teach.

Religions teach in an altogether way that something exist that is living beyond what we are capable of comprehending.

There is a difference between Dogma and specifics in the case of every belief system.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If god were beyond our capacity to comprehend, (which I think would be true if it turns out a god actually exists), then all religions must be wrong. If god did exist, there is no way we could possibly know about it. Because we have no way to tell the difference between god and any other potential thing that is also beyond our capacity to understand. Suppose god came down to you personally, how could you know it was actually god and not something else?
edit on 19-12-2015 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Religion....God.....

By their deeds thou shall know them.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Your argument has a number of false premises in it; therefore, it's invalid.

Atheism doesn't have any 'dogma' because it isn't a world view, belief system or anything like that. It is simply a position that lacks a trait. A-Theism is simply a lack of theism. You're basically calling 'bald' a hair color.

Atheists have a lack of belief in a god, so whenever an atheist speaks about the topic of gods, it is using the context in which the god(s) in discussion derives from.

Atheist have no intent on defining what 'religion is all about'. However, we do actually have the tools necessary to describe it outside of the context of Atheistic and theistic positions. If you say something is religious, when it is not, then the claim deserves to be proven incorrect. The person who proves the claim incorrect can be of whatever background, so long as they can back up their rebuttal with facts (and facts are neutral, they don't hold any position)

Atheism argues that God in relation to how man defines reality does not exist which, in retrospect is a fallacy of logic.

In relation to the Scope of reality and with all due respect. There is no real reason at present to conclude that what we today, generally define as random in fact really is.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Again believer tries to speak atheist and it comes out absurdly ridiculous.

At least I've actually been on both sides.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The Existence of God is a matter of Faith and I am simply presenting that it is possible.

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

this is the problem with the natural and super natural

how do we identify super natural? by comparing it to the natural

if the super natural and natural is identical, then there is no difference and there is no need for the super natural

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Religions teach in an altogether way that something exist that is living beyond what we are capable of comprehending.

There is a difference between Dogma and specifics in the case of every belief system.

Some of them do. Some of them don't. I know a few eastern religions that teach ideas like that and they aren't even considered to be religions most of the time either. They are considered philosophy. Sometimes Western religion is taught like that too but not often and when it is it's usually demonized by the established religions as being demonic or new age or evil or something.

For the most part, Atheists in general don't have too much to say about those philosophies either. Because those kinds of teachings don't usually include pitting people against each other. Established religions with an authoritative God Being who demands your unquestionable loyalty and obedience on the other hand are very exclusive and abusive. Not to mention totally unsupported by anything other than demands of Faith. That is what Atheists have a problem with in general.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
how can we tell who has the correct faith? we can't because faith is belief beyond the natural universe

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The Existence of God is a matter of Faith and I am simply presenting that it is possible.

Any thoughts?

Atheist does not mean anti-God.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join