It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A color laser printer with an amazing 127,000 dots per inch resolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
A color laser printer with an amazing 127,000 dots per inch resolution

A new laser-printing technology allows for printing high-resolution data and color images at the unprecedented resolution of 127,000 dots per inch (DPI) and with a speed of 1 nanosecond per pixel — developed by researchers at Technical University of Denmark’s DTU Nanotech and DTU Fotonik.

So this new patented method uses special plasmonic metasurfaces coated with 20 nanometers of aluminum. It is quite amazing. In the url page there is a print of Mona Lisa. The entire print is less than one iPhone pixel.

A laser-printed microscopic image of Mona Lisa 50 micrometers long, less than one pixel on an iPhone Retina display (credit: Technical University of Denmark)

It can also save data invisible to the human eye. Examples of potential uses include serial numbers or bar codes of products, personalized products such as mobile phones with unique decorations, names, etc. and for marking parts for cars, such as instrument panels and buttons, and other information.

Scientist hope to replace conventional laser printers with this new technology.

The amazing times we live in today.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I hope they make a matching scanner. Imagine being able to back up a file system onto a sheet of paper, and then reloading it simply by scanning that sheet of paper.

Many supermarkets have printers where you can take your digital photographs and print them out as glossy postcards with the picture on the front and some lines on the back for writing a message. Using computer generated images, it's possible to store several hundred kilobytes of data.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I just want cheaper ink, it keeps going up and I am always out!

edit on 19-12-2015 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This will make my passive-aggressive comic sans notes to my roommate so much better.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Cool!

join