It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders sues the DNC over suspended access to critical voter list

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If this is true...and it's not looking good...I'm actually just disappointed in hearing this about Sanders.
I'd never have voted for him, but I thought he seemed like an honest enough person. At least he didn't seem corrupt like Hillary.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: neo96
What Clinton is saying.

This is incredibly disappointing,” said Mook. “Someone who said they’d run a different kind of campaign, and their staff stole data from us and is seeking to fundraise off this. It’s very serious and not something to be fundraising off of.”

The Clinton campaign dismissed the notion, put forth by the Sanders campaign, that a lone staffer had happened upon the data, insisting that on 25 occasions at least four Sanders staffers made inquiries into their data tables and sought to save or export the data to maintain possession of it once the system was repaired.

thehill.com...

A single person getting fired as opposed to the 4 that did the deed.

IS suspect.

What's really important to notice on this topic, is that you are willing to believe what the Clinton camp says.

Good job, Neo. That's a first.

We knew you could do it.

Whats really important is I love people taking pot shots for AGREEING with my first link here.

Politico that quoted the EXACT same thing.

Do people not even READ ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, I conceded that there may be more to this. Congrats.

But I do believe you have earned your pot shots, as you love to dish em out.

Take em like a man and keep movin' along. The intent was rooted in humor, not hatred.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: IAMTAT

Absolutely.

Btw, what's the name of that vendor anyway? I wanna do some more reading about them.

NGP VAN?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

NPG VAN

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malynn

NPG VAN

Interesting read on their blog.

blog.ngpvan.com...

Here’s what happened.

On Wednesday morning, there was a release of VAN code. Unfortunately, it contained a bug. For a brief window, the voter data that is always searchable across campaigns in VoteBuilder included client scores it should not have, on a specific part of the VAN system. So for voters that a user already had access to, that user was able to search by and view (but not export or save or act on) some attributes that came from another campaign.

As soon as we realized that there was an issue, we immediately mobilized our engineers to investigate the source of the issue. While we investigated the issue, we restricted access to affected areas of the VAN product for all users and limited access to data exports. Engineers quickly discovered the problem, and developed a fix.

We immediately began an audit to determine if any users had intentionally or unintentionally gained access to data they normally would not have access to within the limited timeframe when the bug was live. Our team removed access to the affected data, and determined that only one campaign took actions that could possibly have led to it retaining data to which it should not have had access.

We are honored to work with the DNC, the Clinton campaign, and the Sanders campaign. At the request of the DNC on Thursday, Sanders campaign access was suspended pending the campaign reporting on its access of the data; NGP VAN played no role in making that decision, and contractually could not. Again, this bug was a brief isolated issue, and we are not aware of any previous reports of such data being inappropriately available. We look forward to supporting all our Democratic clients, and in particular apologize to the DNC, Clinton and Sanders campaigns for our bug Wednesday. We will continue to work with and report to the DNC regarding this issue to ensure that this isolated incident does not recur. We have and will do better.

edit on 18-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

At the end of the day, I don't think any of this is a big deal at all and voters won't remember it or care if they do.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yeah I read that earlier today. Real concerning how the firewalls separating Clinton and Sanders campaigns seem to be going down on multiple systems.

...and I'm about to turn into a pumpkin. Good night everyone. And stay classy!
edit on 12/18/15 by Malynn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Man I would love to see this backfire and shred the DNC!!!

Head of first union to endorse Bernie Sanders suggests third-party run: ‘How can he be loyal?’

“Personally — and I can’t speak for the organization on this — if I were in his situation I can’t see that I would have any choice,” aded DeMoro, whose union was the first to endorse Sanders. If he is denied access to his voter base, what choice does he have. If the process in the Democratic party is this rigged, how can he be loyal?”

“This campaign has been so biased from the beginning. It’s sabotage. It’s continuous. They make the Republicans look Democratic,” she said. “We are at a rupture here in democracy and the Democratic party.

“It’s a strategy for demobilization, but what it’s going to do is have exactly the opposite effect,” she added. “They have mis-stepped so severely with the populist base that they could lose this base forever. If the DNC is this disloyal to us, why should we be loyal to the DNC?”

F*ck 'em Bernie. We got your back. Bern the whole thing down starting with Hillary and her puppet Government Elites!!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Also interesting, according to Wiki, the guy who wrote that...

The Author: Stu Trevelyan is the CEO of NGP VAN and has spent the last two decades helping causes and campaigns succeed through innovative use of technology. Reach him at stu(at)ngpvan(dot)com.

NGP VAN

Its current president and CEO, Stuart Trevelyan, was a veteran of the 1992 Clinton-Gore War Room, providing research, analysis, and whip counts to the Clinton Administration as a member of the White House Office of Legislative Affairs.[5]

edit on 18-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Has anyone come across actual details on the breach , because the firewall going down scenario makes no sense at all on how it could have given access to others data by itself being down? At least not without intentionally hacking or bypassing other security measures besides the firewall being down.

Well atleast this will make for good ratings on tomorrows debate

Lets see if Hillary returns the favor back to Bernie and puts this topic of the table, like he did with the email server scandal on the first debate. Me think not, Like I said before that was a mistake that was going to come back to haunt him.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

It is totally going to backfire. There are so many spitting-mad Bernie supporters right now. And they are legion lol

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I can't quite put my finger on it, but I am not buying this story at face value. The Clinton campaign, regardless of their poll lead, knows one thing; the only other person who beat them and set small donor contribution records was Obama.

Well guess what. The day before this incident the Sanders campaign surpassed Obama's record of 1 million donations to two million.

Source

We made history tonight. The Bernie Sanders campaign has collected over 2,000,000. individual donations as of 8 pm. More than any other presidential campaign in history at this point in the campaign. Even Obama 2008 didn’t collect 1 million donations until after the Iowa caucuses.

This gives an indication of the massive grassroots support actively working to elect President Bernie Sanders.

This is the type of grass roots organizing that lead to Obama's victory in 2008. Surely this has got the Hillary campaign quaking in her pants; then abracadabra, data breach...

Further reading for anyone interested in the data firm allegedly breached and it's ties to Clinton.

Source

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I think it's too soon to call on him to run on Independent ticket. This could go a lot of ways including blowing up in the DNC's face.

Getting back to the lawsuit, which is what this thread was supposed to be about... The DNC is very much in violation of their contract with Sanders for denying him access to his database. The DNC had agreed to, in summary, notify all candiates suspected of intentionally or accidently doing anything improper and give them 10 days to resolve it before doling any punitive measures out.

I don't think the DNC cares though about being sued. Instead of investigating they just punished. I have no doubt that was in order to make this look as malicious as possible.

It's clear that the opposite is true, why would the campaign have ever reported it in the first place, months ago, if they intended to exploit the weakness? They themselves had their campaign illegally accessed and told the DNC, who did nothing.

Between this and the obvious refusal to give anyone but Clinton a stage and a mic, it's pretty damn clear this isn't just Bernie supporters living in la-la conspiracy land. This whole campaign season, the DNC has reeked. Not that they smelled like roses before.

This easily has the potential to either rid the DNC of the vermin that have taken up residence with at least one chairwoman threatening to step down if Bernie's campaign access isn't immediately restored, OR make it irrelevant and rip the rug out from under neath them.

Go Bernie!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

So the company that accused Bernie Sanders of a security breach through there error I might add supports hillarry.Um wow hard to even coment on how this is a set up. Take down the fire wall separating the two candidates and when he does a search on the system hillarys info pops up.The only way Sanders could be responsible is if he knew the company was infected with a virus.He would have no reason to suspect he could access her voter roles unless it showed up on his search. And well frankly if your searching a database and you see stuff listed under your opponent your going to look

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Not only supports but used to work for time and time again. Hell, maybe currently works for still but either way the bias is ridiculous! This entire story is fishy and I have to wonder if the Sanders camp is even aware of this. They have to be, right?
edit on 18-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Well #.

That means potential conspiracy.

Conspiracies complicate things to a level in which the truth may never be known.

I don't like that one bit.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Bernie Sanders and the DNC reach a deal on voter file access
www.cnn.com...

A deal has been reached between the Bernie Sanders campaign and the Democratic National Committee to allow the campaign to regain access to voter files, Sanders' spokesman Michael Briggs told CNN.

Looks like Sanders won this round.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Lol my phone starts blowing up and wakes me up. I open an email or 20 to see that very thing. Let the backpedals begin. Too little too late Whatshername-Schultz. There will be repercussions.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

Move On org had already gathered 257,951 signatures to:

We demand that DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz immediately reinstate the Bernie Sanders campaign's access to the DNC's 50-state voter file, which is crucial for voter outreach in the last weeks before the first Democratic caucuses. Shutting down Sanders' tools to reach voters is an infringement on democracy.

No source as it is a link to a petition.

Feel the bern yet Debbie WS?

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join