It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have had enough of this PC culture!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I find this statement to be at odds with your first statement.

Don't participate.. turns into, ok, participate. But I'll shout you down when you do.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Nice to see that PC is a global phenomenon. Being offended is a choice not a right.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
LOL That picture is funny!

I get that some people don't think so. And that is fine.

But how about you get a life, maybe go volunteer at a woman's shelter, instead of getting yourself worked up enough, over a stupid picture, that you send a death threat to the photographer.

Idle hands and all that.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
On the other hand, doesn't getting all worked up and throwing a fit on social media fit right in with the current trend of showing of how much you care. Sort of the same thing as after the Paris attacks everyone had a red whit blue avatar on facebook and jesuischarly being a popular hash tag. Look at me,o world, look at me I care!!! I care!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Where is the outrage for mainstream fashion photographers?
The do shoots where the models are in way worse situations than this.
Is it because there is also a man in the shot?
People need to mind their own business.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Participate, don't participate - your choice. Just know that other people have the choice too.

People have the right to post something offensive. Other people have the right to post negative comments about what they find offensive. The only ones who have the right to remove the offensive post is the person who posted it (as what happened in the OP's story), or the host who owns where the post was posted (their site, their rules).

The exception is threats of violence. To me, that isn't part of free speech and those folks should be tracked down and prosecuted to the full extent of the laws.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

I find this statement to be at odds with your first statement.

It's not at odds. People have the right to say what they want. That means you AND me. If you say something, I may have something to say about it. But I'm pretty sure you can take it. And so can I.

If you allow my words to "shout you down", that's YOUR problem. I don't let ANYONE shut me up! As my friends at ATS already know.

Don't participate.. turns into, ok, participate. But I'll shout you down when you do.

Participate or not. Your choice. Just as we ALL have the choice. And we ALL will deal with the consequences of our actions and words.

It's SO simple!

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I was pointing out the obvious hypocrisy of your statements.

You said to not participate, which is wrong, because this is a discussion board first of all.

Then you said you don't care if someone participates.

I don't care either way just saw the opportunity to point out a logical fallacy.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It's actually politeness and manners.

If someone invites you to their home for dinner, and after you've eaten you light a cigarette at the table knowing the hosts and other guests don't smoke, and after you have a few puffs you put the cigarette out on your dinnerplate, you've done what you wanted.

But the other guests are going to think you are rude and crude, and you won't be invited back again.

Because RUDE. But you can indeed be rude if you choose. It's up to you.
edit on 12/17/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I think the bottom line is this post..my comment..all of it feeds in on itself. Here it goes anyway..when I used to go meet families for portrait sessions ( I only do commercial/print work now)...the couples, families, etc..already have some ideas of what THEY want. It was probably their idea..it had nothing to do with the photographer..with you, with me, with PC people..with anyone. This session was between the family and the photographer to be shared at discretion by the family and the photographers clients and future clients. The family probably come up with the idea as an inside joke within their household and really that's none of anyones business. It's harmless..fun..I am 100% sure they didn't mastermind this plan to make women look like they needed silenced. It's all just stupid..Why can't we just do things we want..if it's not hurting anyone else in the process.. I promise you these people were probably laughing their butts off during the session..thinking "this is going to be a AWESOME Christmas Card"..I don't care what anyone does..

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

LMFAO!!!! That picture is hilarious!

As for the PC, I've been fed up with it since it first began. The more people understand its damage on society, the more they loathe progressive ideals and move to the right.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Lol you woke up
Hollywood is run by commies

They are trying to turn you all
Into Marxist stooges

Marxism was designed for minoritys
To empower them

Women blacks gays lesso
Their number one enemy is

White heterosexual males

Woman hate man because God made
Man a leader
They have to obey us men
A woman who obeys her husband
Will make a good wife and a good mother

Those who do not
Stay well away from them

Wish I knew this when I was young

Marxism has crept into our homes
By the media
And lead our women away
And laden them with sin

Their values have been changed

Are there any women out there
Who have not fallen under
The evil spell of Marxism

Might find one in a church

It will take decades to reverse the damage
Done by Marxism

The best help I can give you
Which is an eye opener
Look up
The long March through the instatutions
Hope that helps you
Good to see others are waking up

Don't get angry
Remember these people were fooled
All forms of media must stop
To prevent further brain washing
The hard part is how to
Deprogram all the victims.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

I was pointing out the obvious hypocrisy of your statements.

You said to not participate, which is wrong,

What's "wrong" with me saying don't participate?

Then you said you don't care if someone participates.

I don't. The OP said he's had enough of this PC Culture.

I say, if you've had enough, then don't participate. It's YOUR choice and I do not care whether or not you do.

I don't care either way just saw the opportunity to point out a logical fallacy.

There is no logical fallacy, nor any hypocrisy in anything I said.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Oh the new in thing, i am fed up of you being offended, so i will be offended.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Neopan100

I'm okay with inside jokes. But the photographer decided to post the photo for outsiders to see, and then refused to accept the possibility that it might get some negative responses??? If it was none of anyone's business, then maybe it shouldn't have been posted publicly.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

LMFAO!!!! That picture is hilarious!

As for the PC, I've been fed up with it since it first began. The more people understand its damage on society, the more they loathe progressive ideals and move to the right.

The current spat over PC did not begin with the liberals or progressives. It began after Trump came in to the spotlight, people used the PC argument to justify his insulting style and it has snowballed from there.

Like I said, you can see who is perpetuating this nonsense by looking at the Right Wing media and even the last debate.

PC is the latest propaganda buzzword the Right Wing is pushing to justify their positions on Muslims, as well.

link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
The more people understand its damage on society, the more they loathe progressive ideals and move to the right.

PC isn't owned by the progressives. The right gets just as offended as the left and tries to control people's speech

link   
Humor is a strange thing. I did stand-up when I was younger. Its a tough job.

You can make the funniest joke ever about cancer but the guy in the third row who just lost someone to cancer isn't going to laugh. He is going to say the joke was insensitive. (just an example, I didn't do cancer jokes)

What makes something funny is usually that it has some truth to it, or, that it is so absurd. Putting a muzzle on the wife and kids during Christmas is a little of both. The guy is holding a 'Peace on Earth' sign and the wife and kids have their mouths taped shut. That is funny. 'He' found peace on earth.

As has been pointed out recently, the problem with the pc crowd is not that they think people did something wrong, it is the undeniable compulsion they feel to publicly identify it. I am starting to think being pc is just thirsting for attention. I believe it is mostly younger people, with some older folks jealous of all the attention the younger crowd got while growing up. Once all the gold stars and trophies just for showing up stopped at the end of grammar school they find themselves desperately in need of attention and affirmation. So they take a simple Christmas card, demonize it, then they suddenly transform into Demonfighter, the super hero. They trip over their own cape and find themselves looking out the ear hole of their super safety helmet, but hey, its all part of the game.
edit on 17-12-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
But about the picture: I think it was benign and anybody who made a big fuss about it is just an ass.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I don't even 'get' the message of the picture! LOL!

I don't really care what it is, either. If it's what someone wanted to say, then she's free to say it! And if she puts it out there, people are free to respond.

The funniest thing about all this is that people do so much complaining about
the "PC Culture", that I'm beginning to think it's just not PC to be PC! LOL!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join