It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US calls on Turkey to withdraw ‘unauthorized’ troops from Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The US has urged Turkey to withdraw its “unauthorized” military forces from northern Iraq, calling on Ankara to respect the country’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.
US Vice President Joe Biden has spoken to Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi regarding Turkey’s troop deployments.

“The Vice President reaffirmed the United States’ commitment to Iraqi sovereignty and territorial integrity and called on Turkey to do the same by withdrawing any military forces from Iraqi territory that have not been authorized by the Iraqi government,” the White House said in a statement.

The call between Biden and al-Abadi came two days after the Vice President’s talk with Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu.

Stressing Washington’s commitment to close cooperation with both Iraq and Turkey in the fight against Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL), Biden urged Ankara to continue its dialogue with Baghdad.

US calls on Turkey to withdraw ‘unauthorized’ troops from Iraq

Well, well, well, isn't this music to the ears. Good move by the US
, this is coming off the back of a major change in US opinion about the Syrian crises and only goes to show some understanding between the US and the Kremlin.

Assad can stay, for now: Kerry accepts Russian stance

Erdogan am afraid is leading Turkey astray, and this is good news coming from the US, as it just indicates the big boys have had it with this naughty boy Erdogan and his dirty games.

Now, I suppose it's matter of Turkey responding to this pleas to remove it's troops from Iraqi soil. This is just great, I am fingers crossed from one more stern warning towards another nuisance, Saudi Arabia and we are on our way to defeating ISIS.

Exciting times for the US and the world in general indeed...

ETA:

This was also due to thousands of Iraqi protesters for the removal of Turkish troops from Iraqi soil.

Stressing Washington’s commitment to close cooperation with both Iraq and Turkey in the fight against Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL), Biden urged Ankara to continue its dialogue with Baghdad.

“The Vice President reiterated that any foreign military presence in Iraq must be with the full consent of the Iraq government,” read a statement from the White House on December 14.

Relations between Ankara and Baghdad began to unravel following Turkey’s December 4 deployment of about 150 soldiers backed by artillery and around 25 tanks to Camp Bashiqa, a base near the northern Iraqi city of Mosul that is controlled by IS. The move was protested by both the Iraqi government and thousands of its citizens across the country.

edit on 16-12-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
what? Obama couldn`t bring himself to make the call? so he made biden do it.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
what? Obama couldn`t bring himself to make the call? so he made biden do it.

Lol...didn't realize that..good catch..

I guess it's a difficult thing to say, considering Turkey is an ally.

I guess Biden had to say it in the nicest way possible..being diplomatic that is.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

This is a joke right. The US telling others to respect the sovereignty of other countries.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Kerry in Russia, Biden in Ukraine ... it's not easy to change policies.

Question is, is it strong enough to stick ... Turkey just got their ISIS partners, to create a False flag, to justify their presence there.

I mean, wasn't that just nice of ISIS, after a whole year ... to attack them, just when they were about to be kicked out? :-) Reminds me of George Bush, and how Osama bin Ladin and Al Qaida, always appeared on TV to justify his actions, just when public opinion was bout to force him to take a different path. just in time :-)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Something crazy happened in that meeting with Kerry, Lazrov, and Putin. The US is backpeddling big time. I could speculate but something HUGE went down. What could it have been??

China is gonna dump all US treasuries?
Russia has absolute unadulterated evidence that the US is backing ISIS
Russia revealed a weapon that cant be matched??

I don't know but something crazy went down.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn
a reply to: ZeussusZ

Damn it guys, slow down, there is too much truth in that statements that it hurts.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

I totally agree there GrantedBail, something have had to cause this sudden change in US opinion.

We can only speculate as to why? It's perhaps that US needs to maintain it's good guy image, since the Russians where busy exposing US allies, the Saudi's and Turks involvement with ISIS.

That's what am leaning more towards.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Its all smoke and mirrors.
Stage show - puppets and their masters.
On the TV we're telling Turkey to leave.
Behind close doors, we're telling them to buckle up!

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: GrantedBail

You want my take on it?

I think the US, has always been acting in good faith ... and that they just got the hard truth ... from somewhere.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This is like a chess game, seems some different strategy is in play now.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Check this out ..U.S. pulls F-15 fighter jets from Turkey ...coincidence ? www.airforcetimes.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: GrantedBail

Something crazy happened in that meeting with Kerry, Lazrov, and Putin. The US is backpeddling big time. I could speculate but something HUGE went down. What could it have been??

China is gonna dump all US treasuries?

Russia has absolute unadulterated evidence that the US is backing ISIS

Russia revealed a weapon that cant be matched??

I think that you may be on the money with your speculations!

The west and their gulf allies did not expect Russia to move in and help Syria like they have done. It seems they bided their time and waited for the exact right moment to begin moving their pieces.

Russia has gotten inside information about NATO back when they switched from Operation Gladio A, to Operation Gladio B this was the pivot from Europe to central Asia. Many people do not know about the shake up that happened in Turkey when this shift happened. Generals who were participating in Gladio A got stabbed in the back by NATO and fled to Russia with more information than we could imagine. Russia never said a peep about what they learned!

Add to that Snowden heading over there and guess what Russia has never said a peep about the true depth of what they have learned.

Interesting times indeed!
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amThursday1 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

yes. That is another element to this backpeddling. I read about that this morning. Something big went down. Let's hope it ends in peace.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I happened to watch this vid on Russian Countermeasures against New Missile Technologies . There is some very good info on the strategy Russia has shifted to . Mostly what area they seem to be concentrating on ...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

ISIS mortars at Mosul base hurt 4 Turkish soldiers, kill 2 Iraqi trainees

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – Islamic State (ISIS) militants on Wednesday launched a prolonged mortar barrage at a military base in Iraq where Turkish forces are training Sunni militiamen, killing two of the trainees and wounding six.

Former Mosul Governor Atheel Nojaifi told Rudaw by telephone that Turkish trainers were unhurt. But Turkey’s official Anadolu Agency reported that four Turkish soldiers were hurt.

“Although no life-threatening injuries were reported, the wounded soldiers were rushed to a hospital in Turkey's Sirnak province,” the agency said.

The mortar attack, which lasted three hours, targeted the Gudad military base in the town of Bashik, in Iraq’s Mosul province, according to Nojaifi.

More than 100 Turkish troops reportedly entered Iraq's Mosul province on December 5, reportedly with tanks and heavy weapons.

They are stationed in the towns of Zlekan and Bashik, in eastern Mosul province, reportedly to train volunteers of the Sunni Hashd al-Wataniya militia.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Ummm...now if only the US and allies including Turkey...would respect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Syria...or is that too much to ask...for them to not be duplicitous in that regard...

YouSir
edit on 17-12-2015 by YouSir because: of an innate need...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Check this out ..U.S. pulls F-15 fighter jets from Turkey ...coincidence ? www.airforcetimes.com...

Prolly the turks have been exposed and the US is distancing themselves before the massive implosion.

As to your vid on th erussians missile countermeasures...That just about the Missile shield against ABM missiles. And that vid you show also looks to be either in arabic or jewish. the writing on th e podium and other things clearly shows it.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Yeah, I know, damn if you do, damn if you don't...

When did US Gov start to make sense in their actions?
Something's wrong here

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
We have a series of events which are somehow related imho:
- EU seems to encourage Turkey for the admission
- "proto incident" in the sea between a fishing boat and a russian frigate
- Saudi creating a coalition of 34 states which excludes Iraq, Syria and Iran
- Kerry talking in Moscow and acknowledging Assad's fate
- Washington bashing on Turkey's unauthorized troops

What's next? Saudi hitting Syrian's Army and the West+"axis of evil" making glass of their sands?

I'm yet to understand how Saudi's actions are considered by the US, but the current scenario seems to lead to an escalation between the 34s and the west/shia rather than doing anything for the IS. Turkey and Saudi/GCC may end up burnt if that's the case.

edit on 17 12 2015 by Mastronaut because: reworded cause of suckage at english

edit on 17 12 2015 by Mastronaut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join