It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizzare Object /Creature frozen on Utah lake

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: draknoir2

Not sure

But they look like hard Crystals to me rather than gooey! But hey my eyesight may not be at its best.

I hope we at ATS can find a reasonable answer to this or even debunk it! First thing that came to my mind is an "Art Installation".

The bright guy in the video who touched them said they were gooey. Wonder if he's still with us.

link   
My guess would be a footprint from a large orb.

World have been wise to get a GPS location, and call a university.

edit on 16-12-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ClosetConspirator
Ok, Has anyone else seen this yet? I would really love to hear thoughts on what this could be. Any takers?

Well this is interesting. Other users saying about hot fluids or food thrown onto the ice, hmm.

Looking at how circular it is and the very intricate pattern from center to the outside, I instantly thought Jelly Fish. From some reading, it seems (new to me) Jelly fish can be transported to lakes via vegetation or birds and as long as the quality of water is good to live in. So it could be just that, its outer body has become destroyed due to cold temperature and left its external body that didn't destroy.

However, it is odd.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask
What is it.
I don't know.
Let's touch it.

Don't put your lips on that!

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I just remember this from a crop circle article years ago.

Wonder if it is an ice crop circle?

Crop Circle info Jelly and Powder Substance

edit on 16-12-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
Looks like cleverly cut hot potatoes were layed out on the ice in a pattern.

Joseph smith and his clever Mormons of Utah...cleverly cutting up them potatoes again...going to start a religion!
Haha I kid I kid..

They do look the color of potatoes
And that might be "squishy". Also would look "life like" Being it's potatoes.
Still I don't know....
You get into the center of that circle and they're is a weird yellow circle and simply the way they wee arranged and gathered together...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It looks like some type of manhole cover to me, or close to it.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ClosetConspirator
giant sunflower?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Huh... WTH? I wish I could add more than it looks like an art project with internal heating elements plopped onto a lake, frozen, and then "turned on"... but cannot, except for:

If that's natural, then ... daaaaaaaaaaaaammmm!

I had so hoped one of our resident general experts would ID this... we are lost.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
this is strange , no one can tell what it is , and the strange thing also the original poster of this video here
two years ago didn't get that much attention and views like the one who re-posted it three days ago

Guys -

If you click on this earlier post of the video and go down to the comments, someone named Brenda Goodman gives an explanation for the 'phenomena' -

- something to do with people using water softener tablets to melt the ice in order to do some ice-fishing....

....now, whether this explanation is the truth, I don't know - oh heck, I'll go do some googling on ice fishing and see if anything comes up

Edit:
Okay, I just spent at least 15 minutes looking for references about the above and found absolutely nothing - plus none of the images of ice fishing I pulled up showed holes anything like as big as the circle in the video...

...Also, re-watching the video, it struck me that there is a distinct pattern to the circle, and the 'pellets' (whatever they may be) are spaced too perfectly to make the explanation above viable -

- I mean, if someone just wanted a hole in the ice, why make such a perfectly patterned circle?

So, I'm going to say that Ms. Goodman is either mistaken, or trolling, or perhaps even disinformation...

edit on 16-12-2015 by lostgirl because: to 'debunk' explanation..

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

that would be a terrible ice fishing spot considering those things are lying on the ground.

Something about those things is really familiar to me i just can't put my finger on it.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
What I find really intriguing is that the two young guys making the video sound exactly like Beavis and Butthead...

Dude it's kinda slimy (Beavis)
Yeah. Touch it, touch it!! (Butthead)

edit on 17-12-2015 by kuraijanai2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
1. potatoes, when peeled & cut, brown rather quickly..
2. Play doh could be used, but the shape of the "eggs/blobs" would be rather hard to replicate for each and every one.. these look uniform.. that's a LOT of work.

3. Unless there is something marking the circle under the ice, the salt in the play doh would melt a much deeper hole and keep melting, it would be almost impossible to drop each piece at the same time in such a geometric pattern without some sort of mold/machine.

4. taking into account points 1-3 ... why bother? you would need to plan this well before any ice fall..

We really shouldn't be judging anomaly's by the reactions of humans.. humans, especially the young (teens) are idiots, and will do idiotic things that defy reason..say silly things when under stress... it's a poor meter for analysis and rather amateur to even bring it up. look at the object, not the clowns poking it.. and we may just work something out for once.... maybe..
edit on 17-12-2015 by Xarian6 because: .

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Xa reply to: Xarian6
1) what if this is the great salt lake with a high saline level and the potatoes are also cold. I'm not from Ireland so don't know my potatoes so well.
2) I see the same thing and theirs most likely over 1000. I stopped counting at 100 and didn't happen to leave near the inner circle.
3) back to that salt lake thing. They don't say what lake it is in utah...and great Salt lake is in Utah. It looks like a large lake yet foggy. It's a theory.
Salt lake has allot of odd minerals and large granular sand on the shore.
Someone also did a low water level spiral years back out of what looked like rocks...so at least people do some lake art there...maybe...
They make Salt blocks from the salt lakes. Theirs over a billion in industrial gain for Utah from the Salt lake.
Theirs also mention of pollution in Wikipedia that's where I am getting most that info.
Chemicals plus minerals plus...??? Floating salt blocks?? I don't know.
Theirs mostly potassium and low calcium in the lake but theirs more salt in that lake every year due to run off.

When you look close enough from a distance you can follow lines from the outside to the inside that shows a counter clock wise spiral....it's not perfectly uniform and the pieces are either sometimes missing or twisted sidewards..still you can see the spiral.

It's a rather shallow lake says Wikipedia and we don't see all the shores or where this is at.
High saline levels even more dense then the Dead Sea in some way I didn't fully understand.
Minerals are extracted commonly.
It's an industrial area.

If you were to dump these in the same solution of water potentially with a chemical with a light gradual spin....still it seems anyhow that it would have to freeze quite fast..quick temperature drop at night and a light snow with later further melting due to high ice content on fresh surface snow?..things do often float at a distance from each other.
No two things alike do like sharing the same space in water.
Sort of like when you drop Kool aid powder in the purple drank and it disperses...and it doesn't just dissolve the actual particles move away from one another...
Now if those wouldn't sink due to saline or also whatever they are composed of....
They would still move away from one another potentially being composed of some mineral? Then give it a light spin....
Why?
I don't know do lakes sometimes have a low level current under the ice that can cause a light spin gravitating towards the center of the hole while salt blocks potentially do not melt entirely and...simply due to the way they were rolling around in that circle they formed those weird shapes?
When you spin water it does tend to move particles in water towards the center maybe even enough that they stack more densely.

That's all I have for crack brain theories.
There are quite a few if thens and assumptions in there.

It is either this or the top of godzillas head and those are scales.

Edit;
Another thing worth adding is most likely Starbucks is close by because who is going very far away from Starbucks with cold coffee in a cheep styrofoam cup walk way out on that Ice and throw it on the ground? There are too many footprints for just s few people and their going in all sorts of directions. All for now.
The distance from Starbucks to the great salt lake is.....

Oops! There is a Utah lake hahahaha
Cancel great salt lake. Still it's high in saline and looks shallow.

edit on 17-12-2015 by OverYonder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
utterly bewildered. watched this last night and it's been on my mind all day.
the way those.... gelatinous blobs? each seem to have their own little house under the ice??
so perplexing.
and the overall impression, halfway between jellyfish and crop circle is just so far beyond anything i have any sort of explanation for. It's not spilled coffee, no way.
Why are there so many footprints??

i'm used to having some sort of inkling about phenomena but this is maddening.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Frozen diesel?

www.powerstroke.org...
edit on 17-12-2015 by MrMasterMinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MrMasterMinder

I think you may very well be right.

Frozen diesel would explain the metallic purple y sheen on the surface of the area.
To me it had sort of an oil on water kind of look to it but for whatever reason diesel never popped into my head.

At any rate, you got my vote for the best and most plausible explanation to my mind.

If I had diesel here I would go poor some on my drive way to test and see if it has a similar effect but I don't have anything that uses diesel.

ETA: This is an example of the sheen I was referring to.

Perhaps someone else here could try it and inform us on what happens?
I think it would have to be pretty cold though.
edit on 17-12-2015 by ShadowLink because: Added picture.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm going to have to say it's a fungus of some kind. Spores can spread in a similar shape originating from a central point. Would also explain the spongy feel and milky white appearance. But only a theory based on the appearance

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

en.m.wikipedia.org...
Good eye. Under pollution.
In the State of Utah, the Utah Division of Water Quality and Utah Division of Drinking Water are responsible for the management and regulation of water quality. Lakes, rivers, and streams that exceed the standard levels are then placed on the DEQ 303d list in accordance with the Clean Water Act. The Act requires states to identify impaired water bodies every two years and develop a total maximum daily load (TMDL) for pollutants that a body of water can assimilate without causing the water body to exceed the water quality standards.[25] Utah Lake was originally put on Utah's 2000 and 2004 303d list for phosphorus and total dissolved solids (TDS) exceeding recommend values. High levels of phosphorus can cause high levels of nuisance algae growth, low dissolved oxygen, and elevated pH levels. TDS tells about the concentration of mineral salts in the water, which can cause problems to agriculture and culinary water supplies.[26]

I would quote wiki but my browser keeps crashing when I hit quote button.

There is also hot springs in the lake.
Under geography it's also mentioned the lake is shallow max 14 feet and sediments stir up from time to time.

Diesel also sounds like a decent candidate as said by another above.
Potentially a combination of factors?

It's also interesting how water wheels are created in rivers. Those spinning wheels of ice. Yet it doesn't really describe this geometric pattern...since the "spirals" can go both ways. I didn't see that at first silly me.
Anyway there is an outlet to the lake so potentially a current.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Did anyone mention Sponges yet?

They look awfully familiar.

I cant upload pics, but here is a link: ramdigestivesystem.weebly.com...

here a video:

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join