It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey MP Eren Erdem: Turkey supplied Isis with sarin gas materials for chemical weapon attacks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Turkey MP Eren Erdem claims Turkey supplied Isis with sarin gas materials for chemical weapon attacks
(belfasttelegraph.co.uk)(Dec 14 2015)

Turkish MP Eren Erdem claims Turkey supplied Isis in Syria with all necessary materials to produce deadly sarin gas.

A Turkish MP has made these claims in a session of Turkey's parliament:

Sarin gas is a military-grade chemical that was used in a notorious attack on Ghouta and other neighbourhoods near Damascus in 2013.

Erdem, from the Republican People's Party (CHP), made the claims in parliament, citing evidence from an abruptly-closed criminal case.

Erdem showed parliament copy of the criminal case (number 2013/120) that was opened by the General Prosecutor's Office in the city of Adana in southern Turkey.

He said evidence from that this case shows various Turkish nationals were dealing directly with Isis and other terrorist groups in Syria, supplying them with sarin gas.

The MP said authorities conducted raids and arrested 13 suspects in the case. But a week later the case was closed and all the suspects crossed from Turkey into Syria.

This is not a crack pot, nor is it Russian propaganda, it's a member of Turkey's own parliament, citing a case started by Turkey's proesecutors that was abruptly shut down.

Additional source:
Turkey Smuggled Sarin Gas to Al Qaeda Terrorists in Syria? Turkish MP (Dec 14 2015)

Recorded wiretapped conversations exposed dealings with Al Qaeda terrorist Hayyam Kasap. [snip] Erdem explained:

“(t)here is data in this indictment. Chemical weapon materials are being brought to Turkey and being put together in Syria in camps of ISIS which was known as Iraqi Al Qaeda during that time.”

“These are all detected. There are phone recordings of this shipment like ‘don’t worry about the border. We’ll take care of it,’ and we also see the bureaucracy is being used.”

According to Erden, once word got out, 13 arrests were made. Days later, suspects were released, charges dropped – after a new Adana public prosecutor replaced the original one. Individuals accused then moved cross-border unobstructed to Syria.

“The phone recordings in the indictment showed all the details from how the shipment was going to be made to how it was prepared, from the content of the labs to the source of the materials,”

Erden explained:

“Which trucks were going to be used, all dates etc. From A to Z, everything was discussed and recorded. Despite all of this evidence, the suspects were released,” the case closed, showing high-level coverup, perhaps ordered by Erdogan.

Earlier source:
2 Turkish Parliament Members: Turkey Provided Chemical Weapons for Syrian Terrorist Attack
(washingtonsblog.com)(Oct 2015)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Remember the rabbit killing video? The bottles of chemicals in view in the background bore the label Tekim, a Turkish chemical company.

There were threads here about it.

Edit: WTH…

edit on 14-12-2015 by intrptr because: YouTube

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Make it unlivable for 25,000 years.

That's what everyone really wants isn't it?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

I am not sure whether this is the same shipment, and hitting the news again...however I made a thread about Turkey supplying 2 kilos of Sarin to rebels 2 years ago. But of course it was the US backed rebels so it didnt cause too much of a stir....... Here is the link ....sarin

www.bbc.com...

edit on 14-12-2015 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

ummm...WHAT...?

What's it...?
Do you mean Turkey...?
Are you saying that you want Turkey to be nuked...?
You realize that when you say everyone you include yourself...right...?

Not...onequestion...fourquestions...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's right! I remember that. Any arm chair investigator could just type Tekkim into google and see those bottles came from Turkey. www.tekkim.com.tr...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I thought there were no WMDs in Syria? Wasnt this Obamas "red line" that Russia stepped in to help make sure these would be disposed of? Or are these from Saddams stockpile that video intelligence collected being shipped to Syria before the 2nd Gulf War?

Wither way, whats a # show lol

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
And the West is sure, Assad is to be blamed for chemical attacks on his own people. I wonder how many people still buy into this "Assad must go" propaganda, sadly.

By now, at least to me the question of Assad being a dictator is really a moot point. There is really no need to entertain this false idea that there is a regime in Syria, because there isn't.

However, on the other end of this spectrum you have the devious War machine eerily silent about all this information coming out. This by all means has been a classic case of a big lie made believable, if there is any amount of words to describe this mayhem.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Interview of Eren Erdem by RT.com :

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

the case closed, showing high-level coverup, perhaps ordered by Erdogan.

It wasn't covered up literally. It was dropped...since it was a wide known fact of the time...that Assad was using chemical weapons on his own people...therefore...common sense dictates that this "evidence" is obviously false and Erdogan simply didnt want to waste investigator's time on something the West already told him.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
In situations like this it is REALLY important to distinguish between the Turkish government and Turkey itself as a country, from the article.

sarin was sent to Syria from Turkey via several businessmen

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

"I killed the wabbit!"
Praise be to Allah, peace be upon him.
So, it looks like we have a Turkish source for the Sarin gas that was blamed on Assad's forces.
Wasn't there a UN resolution over that?
Looks like the UN needs better reading glasses and new copy of the resolution.
Turkey supplies ISIS and acts as the staging area for European immigration.
It makes sense since the Caliphate died with the Ottoman empire right after WW1.
They want to restore it and run it from Turkey, Erdogan thinks he is the de-facto leader of the Caliphate.

edit on 15-12-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: benwyatt

I read the thread you started. Thanks for linking it.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

They want to restore it and run it from Turkey, Erdogan thinks he is the de-facto leader of the Caliphate.

More like the rabid dog straining at the end of NATO's leash. The goal is Syria right now, Turkey just happens to be one staging area.

Adding up all the evidence, easy enough to blame Turkey, the proxy for the "Assad must go" western camp.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
From one of the linked articles:

Attention has focussed on whether the Syrian jihadi group, Jabhat al-Nusra, aided by Turkish intelligence, could have been behind the sarin gas attacks in Damascus last 21 August, in an attempt to provoke the US into full-scale military intervention to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad. "We now know it was a covert action planned by [Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip] Erdogan's people to push Obama over the red line," a former senior US intelligence officer is quoted as saying.

source:

CIA, MI6 and Turkey's rogue game in Syria: Claims Ankara worked with US and UK to smuggle Gaddafi's weapons to jihadi fighters, and Jabhat al-Nusra aided by Turkish intelligence in sarin gas attacks

Based on Seymour M. Hersh's: The Red Line and the Rat Line

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: benwyatt

It's not about who was first or stars and flags it's about the selective enforcement of terms and conditions that i call favoritism/bias.

well i guess they won't have a problem with a thread documenting and linking proof of their "oversight" that is hosted on an external server as well. I am tired of piece of # hypocritical people, organizations, and governments and am ready to fight them to the death and i think the rest of you are too.

Dude this is one place they let both sides debate the issues. Don't shoot yourself in the foot.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Actually, so-called "pan-Islamism" is the official doctrine in modern Turkey. At least check the book “Strategic Depth” by Ahmet Davutoğlu to make sure. Thus, the government will use ANY means to achieve the goal.

Helping terrorists in oil trading is OK for that.
Shooting down of a Russian plane is OK for that.
Invading Iraq is OK for that.
Provocations are OK for that.
There is a long list of these crimes. Never forget that Pan-Islamism and Turkish Nationalism already worked together very well killing and torturing millions during the Armenian Genocide. And never forget that this genocide never stopped, and proceeds today (not only against Armenians).

And Sarin is OK for that.

P.S. In my opinion, Turkey won't increase its territory, but will lose part of it as a result.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join