It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Hackers trace ISIS Twitter accounts back to internet addresses owned by DWP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I know it's a tabloid, but whoa...

A group of four young computer experts who call themselves VandaSec have unearthed evidence indicating that at least three ISIS-supporting accounts can be traced back to the DWP's London offices.

The article goes on to report that when they did their own research they discovered that the ISP's had been sold as a job lot to Saudi Arabia.

Link to Article

I'm sure this is all very above board, yet still I find myself with more questions than answers, how else is the UK tooling up Terror groups, whether unkowingly or not?

In these times of transparency, even the amount these ISP's were sold for is undisclosed...does this mean they never were sold in the first place, given perhaps?

For the conspiracy in us, one has to wonder why we are only learning about this because Anon have put the info in the public domain?

Anyone else feel like a pawn in a much wider game of chess, you didn't even know you were playing?

edit on 14-12-2015 by solargeddon because: Linky broken, now fixed...I hope

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

You are late to the game.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Thank you for letting me know, I did make an obligatory search on the site, but nothing came up...could you point me in the right direction to the thread

Thanks

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

By DWP are you referring to "Department for Work & Pensions" ?

And yeah, it is a bit fishy that ANONYMOUS hasn't bullhorned this to the world.....

ANONYMOUS, IMHO...is merely another puppet with a different face on it...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Yes Department of Work and Pensions, sorry I had to edit down the title as it wouldn't let me post the thread lol.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon
a reply to: nullafides

Yes Department of Work and Pensions, sorry I had to edit down the title as it wouldn't let me post the thread lol.

I ask, because as a Yank I had to google it.....just wanted to be sure

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Isis hackers or just hackers trace Isis Twitter accounts?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Uh ... selling IPv4 addresses to foreign companies? Now? That is something similar as when CZ "National" bank sold 80% of gold reserves at moment of lowest prices 15 years ago

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

"Don't you think that's strange?" one of the hackers asked Mirror Online. "We traced these accounts back to London, the home of the British intelligence services."

haha, thanks for bringing it. ISIS traced to the Sauds to London.

The war on terror is manufactured (cr)isis.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Whether or not this is legit, if it is, the real question at hand would be: and, so what? We already know from Snowden leaks that the UK as well as US government pose as the groups they are monitoring, and post information under their names to either create problems or gain access to information by provoking, or just causing dissent in the ranks, whatever. Many reasons for it.

So it makes you wonder, these hackers, did they think they found something special? "Oh look, the gubbiment is actually ISIS!!!111" ... derp

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
During World War Two British intelligence had nazi uniforms. That proves they manufactured the nazi threat.

It is called being a spy and infiltrating the enemy by posing as one of them.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm curious...why are Daesh hacking themselves?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Wonderful....isn't that just grand??

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm selling bridges.

Ten million each.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Shame on Brit officials

Same as US & France officials, then in this regard - ISrael & NATO #ries masquerading as' Islamic State'

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well, what do you know Daesh is traced back to gov/state departments. No #.
Genuine hackers and not gov plants should know that, shouldn't be shocked, etc.

ISIS Hackers as in the ones who hacked ISIS not "ISIS Hackers" for any confusion about that.
edit on 14-12-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Sorry posted this late last night, have only just got back from the school run.

The title is original to the article, so not my words, however I did have to shorten down the title to DWP, sorry for those over the pond confused by the abbrieviation....it wouldn't let me post the thread without less letters in the title.

As for authenticity, who knows, it's the Mirror, interestingly enough I haven't seen it anywhere else, again who knows.

I think we all know the world is corrupt and social engineering is widespread, I read an article last night concerning how the media writes the narrative (Pun intended), again something we already know, yet it isn't right, not when the UK government has just joined the airstrikes off the back of goodness what back-handers....even the Foreign Affairs Commitee who voted the night before agreed we should not join in, yet Cameron et al want a war, we have a war (well ish).

To find out off the back of this, that the government has been selling off their own ISP's, without a damn for feeding whatever it is we are meant to call it this week is just riddiculous, again the chances are this has all been engineered.

I don't know, I posted the article, because I felt it was a point of interest, like they say...the truth is out there!

edit on 15-12-2015 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Interestingly, did anybody ask how in general the telecommunications in ISIS are carried out?

SPIEGEL ONLINE:

...it is European companies that provide the terrorists with access to the platforms they use to spread their propaganda.
And the documents show that the companies could immediately cut off Islamic State's Internet access without much effort.
When asked, neither the companies nor intelligence services were willing to comment.

This article is worth reading. I will only add (since it isn't specified in article) that the headquarters of Avanti Communications and Eutelsat are located in London and Paris respectively.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Worth noting that while the article in the beginning does focus on DWP, it turns out that the DWP sold some IPs to a SAUDI company and that these specific IPs were being used in SA.

So that just goes to show that SA are still linked to ISIS wether they like it or not.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
can i just add that muslims do work at dwp why has no one even suggested they might of been employees of dwp that made the accounts at work and where uploaded from their workplace,
there is many that i have seen work in dwp ,i guess no one wants to admit this and would rather blame the government

so they could just be a few radicals that work for the dwp
edit on 15-12-2015 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join