It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of ALL Medical Studies Proving Cannabis Cures Cancer

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

But there is a link to other cancers and a whole mess non cancer respiratory issues.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Regardless of medicinal properties, traditional smoking is just that. You're sucking in smoke, that's not good long term obviously.

There's more than one way to skin a cat(vape, edibles, tinctures, etc.) for the recreational uses of it that don't mess with your lungs, or even touch your lungs.

Re: Bob Marley posts

Previous posters have said, there's ways of refinement and processing for medicinal uses that don't get you high at all, and just smoking a ton doesn't recreate the same effects.

RIP Bob

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I've always liked your posts, but always thought you were a dude. Lol sorry, I was like "no waaaaaaay"

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

What if it's a man in a healthy relationship with another man? Why must we assume that because they have a husband they are a woman? MICRO AGGRESSION! MICRO AGGRESSION!!

/sarcasm

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: zandra
a reply to: jondoeuk

Thank you. But that's the problem with studies. If 20 studies suggest cannabis to have a positive effect and 5 studies tell us the contrary. What to believe? If you do the same with cholesterol drug studies you would find a lot more contradictions, nonetheless statins are blockbusters.

That's why we need human studies into the different types of cancer. Some are ongoing as we speak. GW Pharma are running two Phase I trials in GBM (a type of primary brain cancer) and will soon start others into breast and prostate cancer too. In addition to this there are a number of other pharma companies that will start other trials into other types of cancers

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: delboy2424
Just been told I have liver cancer and have had a pet scan to see if it has spread, find out this Monday the results.
The doctor has told me I will have to have half my liver removed. My brother wants me to take cannibas oil and I will be trying it and anything else that I think will save me from dieing from cancer.

Even if the cancer has not spread I will still take it in the hope that it will kill anything that's left.
Smoked for 45 years and stopped in June 2015 also smoked weed all that time as soon as I stopped I get cancer, should carried on smoking weed Haha.

There are trials that may help www.cancerresearch.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TWILITE22

originally posted by: neo96

So lemme get this straight.

To cure cancer I gots to inhale a bunch of smoke in my lungs ?

Really people ?

Feel free to puff away but don't be surprise years down the road you end up with oral CANCER, and LUNG CANCER.

there is no link to smoking cannabis and lung cancer...although there seems to be some still trying to push this fallacy.

In a recent study, researchers from Canada, the United States and New Zealand pooled data from six previous studies to determine whether smoking marijuana was associated with lung cancer.

The analysis was the largest of its kind, spanning more than 2,000 lung cancer cases and nearly 3,000 controls. Published June 20 in the International Journal of Cancer, the study found no link between marijuana use and lung cancer risk.

“Results from our pooled analyses provide little evidence for an increased risk of lung cancer among habitual or long-term cannabis smokers,” concluded the team, which included members from the International Lung Cancer Consortium.

Even when data was analyzed based on intensity, duration, consumption and age of initiation, no significant association was found.

The findings, the group adds, are consistent with a 2006 review that also showed no link between marijuana and lung cancer after adjusting for tobacco use.

link

While tobacco smokers showed the expected drop in lung function over time, the new research found that marijuana smoke had unexpected and apparently positive effects. Low to moderate users actually showed increased lung capacity compared to nonsmokers on two tests, known as FEV1 and FVC. FEV1 is the amount of air someone breathes out in the first second after taking the deepest possible breath; FVC is the total volume of air exhaled after the deepest inhalation.
“FEV1 and FVC both actually increased with moderate and occasional use of marijuana,” says Dr. Mark Pletcher, associate professor of epidemiology and biostatistics at the University of California, San Francisco and the lead author of the study.

That was a bit of a surprise, says Pletcher, since “There are clearly adverse effects from tobacco use and marijuana smoke has a lot of the same constituents as tobacco smoke does so we thought it might have some of the same harmful effects. It’s a weird effect to see and we couldn’t make it go away,” he adds, explaining that the researchers used statistical models to look for errors or other factors that could explain the apparent benefit and did not find them.

article

The study by Dr. Donald Tashkin MD was a case controlled one. These types of studies are retrospective. They involve two groups of subjects, one with a particular condition or symptom, and ones without. They then track back to determine an attribute or exposure that could have caused this - the condition or symptom that is. These studies can show correlation, but it is very hard to prove causation. They asked everyone to fill out a very extensive questionnaire about marijuana use. So based on this they found no positive association between marijuana use and lung cancer. However as I've pointed out there are a number of flaws with these types of studies. Also many other studies; cellular, tissue, non-human and human, and also epidemiological ones have shown that marijuana smoke is a risk factor for lung cancer. Also others have shown it to be a risk factor for head & neck, bladder and even testicular cancer. However when you look at them all it is not a simple question to answer as to whether cannabis can cause lung or other types of cancer. So ''we don't know'' and in my view its best to be safe rather than sorry and people should be discouraged based on the evidence so far. See these www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... onlinelibrary.wiley.com... I won't go on

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jondoeuk

I think we can agree to disagree on this one because I don't trust the links you provided...no offense to you

The U.CL.A study is as good as it gets

The study was “well conducted” and is “essentially confirmatory of the findings from several previous studies that have examined the association between marijuana smoking and lung function,” says Dr. Donald Tashkin, professor of medicine at UCLA and a leading scientist in the area. He was not associated with the new research.

“The major strengths of this study are that it included a far larger number of subjects followed for longer than any of these previous studies,” he adds.

MORE: Teen Drug Use: Marijuana Up, Cigarettes and Alcohol Down

While tobacco smokers showed the expected drop in lung function over time, the new research found that marijuana smoke had unexpected and apparently positive effects. Low to moderate users actually showed increased lung capacity compared to nonsmokers on two tests, known as FEV1 and FVC. FEV1 is the amount of air someone breathes out in the first second after taking the deepest possible breath; FVC is the total volume of air exhaled after the deepest inhalation.

and

Tashkin's study, funded by the National Institutes of Health's National Institute on Drug Abuse, involved 1,200 people in Los Angeles who had lung, neck or head cancer and an additional 1,040 people without cancer matched by age, sex and neighborhood.

They were all asked about their lifetime use of marijuana, tobacco and alcohol. The heaviest marijuana smokers had lighted up more than 22,000 times, while moderately heavy usage was defined as smoking 11,000 to 22,000 marijuana cigarettes. Tashkin found that even the very heavy marijuana smokers showed no increased incidence of the three cancers studied.

"This is the largest case-control study ever done, and everyone had to fill out a very extensive questionnaire about marijuana use," he said. "Bias can creep into any research, but we controlled for as many confounding factors as we could, and so I believe these results have real meaning."

Washington post
Donald Tashkin, M.D., Professor of Medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA in Los Angeles.I think he know his science.

Director, Pulmonary Function Laboratories
Professor, Department of Medicine
Co-Director, Asthma and Cough Center
Exercise Physiology Laboratory
Member, JCCC Molecular Epidemiology Program Area

Awards and Honors:
Veterans Administration Medical Center
Albert Einstein Medical Center
UCLA School of Medicine

Selected Publications:

Gardner B, Zhu LX, Roth MD, Tashkin DP, Dubinett SM, Sharma S Cocaine modulates cytokine and enhances tumor growth through sigma receptors. Journal of neuroimmunology. . 2004; 147(1-2): 95-8.

science daily
I believe it was a good case controlled study and will be interested in seeing the next step the dna study

The next step, Dr. Tashkin says, is to study the DNA samples of the subjects, to see whether there are some heavy marijuana users who may be at increased risk of developing cancer if they have a genetic susceptibility for cancer.

just as a quick note on lung cancer I was told by someone whom I trust completely and grew tobacco/sold it all their lives, that smoking tobacco alone isn't what causes lung cancer it's what they treat the tobacco with(chemicals) when processing it and the filters on them are what causes cancer...I don't know how true that is but I wouldn't doubt it.

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO YOU!
edit on 31-12-2015 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

No offense but you are using data from before it was legal to smoke marijuana. The studies you are having a problem with are from well after and very recent.

You should always use the most recent data when arguing a point. As has been shown several times by peer reviewed science in this thread, there is a statistical increase in site specific cancer which correlates to heavy marijuana use.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallYourBluff
But there's no money to be made in curing it.

Big Pharma makes about $75,000 per person from their palliative "care".
Life is cheap and those who you trust in making the decisions to take care of you, DO NOT CARE.

There would be HUGE money made to curing the 100-250 different types of cancer. Most of the chemo drugs used today are long off patent and are cheap, and they work too www.cancerresearchuk.org... Read 'Man wasn’t dying from colon cancer, and he didn’t cure himself with Cannabis' anaximperator.wordpress.com...
edit on 31-12-2015 by jondoeuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Natural chemicals can be patented en.wikipedia.org... GW Pharma use natural cannabinoids www.faqs.org... www.gwpharm.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
All of these are preclinical and don't hold much promise in my view. From a study in humans ''Median survival of the cohort from the beginning of cannabinoid administration was 24 weeks'' www.nature.com... In recurrent GBM there are better things being studied www.nwbio.com... and in newly diagnosed also www.ukmi.nhs.uk... www.lipopharma.com... w3.cns.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdChillin

Thanks for your time and effort. This information should spread far and wide as people do searches and this comes up. Even people not familiar or members of ATS will have a valuable resource presented to them.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdChillin

a friend of a friend compiled this list.

So it was you
Friends of friends are popular these days.

Yes Mary Jane does have it's medicinal properties-no doubt about it. But a cure? I still have an issue with such a bold claim. IF it was the cure then it's the single greatest breakthroughs in medicine ever. It could save billions upon billions of lives and dollars and before you ask 'what about big pharma?' then ask yourself if cannabis was a cure for cancer then why hasn't big pharma cashed in to the big smoke? People will always get cancer and will continue to do so...if cancer is a constant presence and Cannabis is the cure then why hasn't big pharma invested in this miracle drug that will keep them rich to the end of their days?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow
Cannabis gave my father throat cancer. It was ironic, I thought, that the only time my father didn't smoke was during the two years he was fighting cancer, considering the supposed medical benefits.

Sorry about that, first off, but it doesn't invalidate recent findings. Smoke is a great trigger to generic predispositions to mouth, throat and lung cancers, moreso than the inhaled marijuana is a counter punch to cancer. Think of it this way: a shot glass can be used to bail water out of a canoe, but if you're dumping a gallon in for every shot you remove, the boat is going to sink.

Yours is a common argument I've seen many people making lately. It's a great demonstration that the topic is relatively new and people don't have the information/understanding needed to make an informed decision.

That said, I don't believe there's been any studies or claims that smoking pot regularly will cure or prevent any form of cancer, so I'm surprised so many people believe that is the argument being made in favor of cannabis as a viable treatment.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well done, thanks for the info. I hope one day we will be able to cure cancer once and for all

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
for anyone in Canada,

www.InfoCannabis.ca has Dr.s that prescribe Medical Marijuana under Canadas Legal MMPR system.

[email protected] 1-844-855-0266

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: ColdChillin

A) If pot cured cancer, don't you think that there would not be any cancer patients left?
If I found that I had cancer, I'd sure cure it with pot!
(I'd never get it in the first place, right? How many smokers get cancer?)
Why, I wonder, is there still cancer?

B) I find no credibility in any site that ends in .gov!
Entertainment, of a dark kind, perhaps, but never intelligent honesty!

This is ignorance in it's purest form, by an uninformed sheeple. No offense.

You've been conditioned to think that canabis can only be consumed in a joint, pipe or bong.
You've been conditioned to think it is something dirty, something wrong and bad, and something evil that leads to other drugs.
You've been conditioned to think that it is not a natural plant, a natural remedy, a natural medicine that our forefathers used for medicinal purposes.

It is all about how it is consumed, and how you consume what is extracted from the plant.
Smoking marijuana will simply get you high and put you in a different state emotionally and what not.
That is only one side of things, the side that TPTB have conditioned you to see and believe in and view as wrong and evil.

But more and more people are waking up to the fact that this natural plant is more then just a substance that stoner teenagers use to get "high".

More people in their desperation because they can't afford the toxic medicines the pharmaceutical industry is trying to pump us all with and turn us into their giant global lab experiment, are seeking out alternatives and natural medicines.
Canabis is one of those.
And many, MANY people have sought it out, and it has worked for them.

It is not about lighting up a joint and getting high.

It is about how the correct substances are extracted from the plant, and how they are consumed and applied for that specific illness or ailment.

This is part of the old medicine, before the big pharma-bastards took over.

Now tell me, what would you prefer, a natural remedy from the earth that has little to no negative side effects, or unnatural manufactured chemical mixtures of god knows what, pressed into pill form or made into syrup or liquid, for your consumption? Unnatural medicines that actually weaken your immune system over time, and allow diseases, virus' and bacteria to build up resistances and tolerances to these unnatural medicines that we have all become reliant on.....

I'll give you a big hint on where this is all going to end up.
Big pharma will seize control of medicinal marijuana/canabis, more so then they have now, especially when more and more stories come out of how effective it is all across the world.
They will strip it down and make it as poisonous and bad for our well being as their existing unnatural medicines are. And in the process they will reap trillions of dollars more from the people of the world.

In the mean time, the government will send out their police with their secret powers, to hunt down and arrest anyone who is practicing the old ways of medicine and curing people with natural remedies and medicines.

What this world needs is a collective revolution.
For the people of this world, regardless of their skin colour or religious beliefs, to band together, to put aside their differences political or other, and bring down these pieces of #, these mother f*****s, these corrupt evil bastards, to tear down their homes, their wealth, their mansions, their fu***** halls of power and so called "justice".
This goes way beyond medicine, so I'll leave it at that.

But you need to open your mind up friend.
What you see on tv what you read in the paper what you read on internet news sites what you hear on radio, is mind control.
By all means listen/read/view it. How else are we going to know what they are up to?
But keep an open mind. Be aware of what they are trying to do. Of the fact they are trying to fool you, to keep you ignorant, to control you and own you.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: ColdChillin

A) If pot cured cancer, don't you think that there would not be any cancer patients left?
If I found that I had cancer, I'd sure cure it with pot!
(I'd never get it in the first place, right? How many smokers get cancer?)
Why, I wonder, is there still cancer?

B) I find no credibility in any site that ends in .gov!
Entertainment, of a dark kind, perhaps, but never intelligent honesty!

This is ignorance in it's purest form, by an uninformed sheeple. No offense.

No offense taken, but I'm certainly not going to waste my time reading any more of your, no doubt brilliant, reply! *__-
I mean baaaaaaa...

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I have Multiple Sclerosis, (relapsing/remitting)... I have been in relapse for 2 years and it SUCKS. The "Western Meds" (Interferon, et al) made me sick as a dog all of the time. It was horrible. I could barely function.

Now, I use medical cannabis, and my life has changed. I function, and I have quality of life.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join