It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convince Me Your Candidate Should Get My Vote!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I see a lot of agenda driven political hit pieces against the candidates for the 2016 US Presidential election, but rarely anything positive. Right now I plan to vote for a third party candidate and this is your chance to win my vote. In a polite way sell me on your candidate by giving three things your candidate will do that you agree with and one thing that concerns you about your candidate.

I am really open to hearing why you support a particular candidate. Now, I won't say that what you consider positive will be something I consider positive, but I still want to learn about why you feel how you do about your candidate.

Note: I don't plan to argue with you on your 3 positives and 1 concern, but who knows what others will do. I am posting this in an honest attempt to have a constructive conversation and hopefully learn something in the process.

I hope many of you will feel inclined to participate in a positive way using the format I have requested. There have been so many negative political threads my head is spinning.

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I don't like any of them. Might vote myself.

Guess I should put the positives!

1. Not a rich prick.
2. Actually care about the country.
3. Not a politician and not in anyones pocket.

Concern.
1. Stupidity upsets me and being around that much stupidity from actual politicians might just make my head explode.
edit on 14-12-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It's as good as any choice.

I find it curious that people flock to threads to tell us how bad a candidate is, but when you ask for something positive about candidates everyone disappears.

I wonder if they all agree with you that none of them are worthy of our vote or if they have more fun tearing down someone else's choice instead of standing up for their candidate.
edit on 2015/12/14 by Metallicus because: Spaced for readability (no text changed)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It's as good as any choice.

I find it curious that people flock to threads to tell us how bad a candidate is, but when you ask for something positive about candidates everyone disappears.

I wonder if they all agree with you that none of them are worthy of our vote or if they have more fun tearing down someone else's choice instead of standing up for their candidate.

It's hard to defend a candidate from either side, and easy to just attack the other side.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Trump is off his freaking rocker out of his gourd!
Hillary has proven she's a liar who will always put herself first and does not care at all about this country.

Those are the front runners?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Actually, I'd comment but I believe you've already made your stance fairly clear on my preferred candidate (Sanders), and I'm not even sure if he applies. You say "Third Party Candidate", but I am not aware of any such third party.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

He is saying right now he is voting 3rd party. Change his mind to get him to vote for your (D) or (R) preferred choice.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

^dude says he guarantees free ponies.

What more could you ask for?!
edit on 14-12-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Ron Paul.. That is all.. Everything he said goes with the constitution.. Unlike his kid who says one thing does another... Ron Paul has been more straight than Jesus..

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Oh, now it makes sense, thank you. I thought he was saying that he planned on voting third party, and was saying to give him contenders.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Oh, now it makes sense, thank you. I thought he was saying that he planned on voting third party, and was saying to give him contenders.

Yeah I get how you read it as you did.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I apologize if my OP was unclear. Right now all the negative threads on all of the candidates have convinced me I don't like any of them. I want to read some positives for a change and then one concern just to make sure that your position has been fully considered.

Right now I am leaning towards voting Libertarian.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded
Ron Paul.. That is all.. Everything he said goes with the constitution.. Unlike his kid who says one thing does another... Ron Paul has been more straight than Jesus..

If Ron Paul were running this thread wouldn't exist because it would be a no brainer. I wish he were running, but we got his son instead and unfortunately he isn't the same as his old man.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I apologize if my OP was unclear. Right now all the negative threads on all of the candidates have convinced me I don't like any of them. I want to read some positives for a change and then one concern just to make sure that your position has been fully considered.

Right now I am leaning towards voting Libertarian.

Judging by the responses so far the only logical candidate is me.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Ah, I see.

In case of error: www.youtube.com...

Well, here's a video I think shows off the most major reason I believe in Bernie. What do you take from it? That's a place to start. Some people think he'd bankrupt the country or whatever, though they're wrong, but we can discuss the economics later. The most important thing is to understand the key message of holding elected officials accountable.
edit on 14/12/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

We're already bankrupt. What we need is someone to get us out of it.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Bernie Sanders.

The only reason I will give you is that he seems to instill hope in a better future into the minds of the people.
Whereas others only prey on the fears of the easily influenced crowd.

He may change nothing, he may not ascend, but he makes people want to believe in something that is good and honest. and as long as people believe the heaviest rock can not sink, so to speak.

Kind Regards
edit on 14-12-2015 by GamleGamle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I think we should vote no confidence and disband the entire federal government.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Well go for Sanders.

Just one positive and one concern.

Positive: I placed a bet 200 to 1 on Sanders a while ago.
Concern: I might lose $10

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Bernie Sanders...because he seems honest and genuine about turning this country around. Not in the corporations/bankers pockets. He's making a stand against corruption in politics. Wants to work on Infrastructure instead of bomb other countries. Our power grid comes to mind, since he is about clean energy. Raise minimum wage and end wage stagnation. Wants to fight climate change. Pro-choice and doesn't really care about gun laws. I just see Bernie as a win-win over all the other available candidates.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join