It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Scary

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Link

I'm just sitting here playing with oil paint and car paint reducer, I was curious if this painting is any good and is it scary to some? I haven't used this material before as a diluting agent. I'm also still working on it as we speak.

edit on 13-12-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It's pretty scary, but cool.

Where would you hang it?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Above the shower

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Does anyone know how to get the whole image saved in screen so ppl dont have to hit the link to see the whole thing?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

The fact that you want to hang it above the shower is a little scary...I like it...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

[ ATS=400x400 ] Paste pic here [/ATS] Remove spaces, you can change the size by changing the pixel count.

I like the painting, so angry and vicious...

edit on 13-12-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It's okay. The bottom one reminds me of myself before coffee in the morning.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

It's scary but, good...
I am wondering however, after seeing your avatar and this painting, if it is some sort of self portrait?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The top one reminds me of what I USE to look like (and feel like!) when I had a really good dose of PMS!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm just playing with a new method. Trying to show my imagination a bit too, may as well have fun while practicing

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

They're really good and kinda reminiscent of your avatar in way. More gruesome than scary, there are a few kids I know that this would scare the snip out of however, lol.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

It reminds me of how I feel stuck in a long line at the grocery store check-out during Christmas season. The music makes me want to stab my eardrums out with an ice-pick.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It is a good reminder...floss, brush & repeat kids!!!

Nice work Bro....

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

[ ATS=400x400 ] Paste pic here [/ATS] Remove spaces, you can change the size by changing the pixel count.

I like the painting, so angry and vicious...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Is it scary?
Sharp, pointy teeth are always scary.
So you clearly didn't choose poorly there. This piece would be scary to many people.

Pluses IMO:

The composition works. Especially with the profiled man's mouth pointing you to the center of the piece.
I Really like the addition of the birds for some reason I can't define as I usually cannot stand what I call "M" birds in paintings. Maybe it's because people throw them into peaceful landscapes which to me, distract from the landscape. So, it's possible that what is normally used in a peaceful setting but thrown into this angry, angry scene is what I like.

The emotions of wild rage and carnage definitely flow though this and any time you pick up emotion in a piece, you've done something right. The green and the red work their complementary magic here as well.

Criticism:

The bottom part could use some work. Where the man's hair meets the other man's neck is awkward. I know you risk super mud from trying to make that better. If you are indicating that is a decapitated head on the floor, which I believe you are, it could still use a little more at the neck.

As mentioned before, the green coupled with the red works very well. Perhaps green in the bottom panel would unify things a bit more. A touch greener on the floor? Maybe greenish/dyed hair to both solve the hair issue and bring more green into the piece?

Either way, keep it up! I love seeing art that is unsettling or goes against "normal" art tropes.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow
I'm going to do something with this painting I dont think your expecting on how I'm finishing it out.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I'm going to do something with this painting I dont think your expecting on how I'm finishing it out.

Intriguing! I look forward to seeing the end result.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Also the 400x400 pixel thing squishes the top to the bottom looking at the thumbnail it does look noisy between the hair and the chin. I assure u that's not an issue on the piece and I need that space and the other open space on the bottom for something really special.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I saw the fellow on the top left at a Wal Mart recently.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Kind of reminds me of a Zombie King Kong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join