It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Force Awakens thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Countdown.
5 days to go.

I remember the excitement of the original Star Wars, begging my folks to let us little kids go see it. I remember still that night as clear as if it was yesterday, being bundled up in our jammies and being taken to watch it.
Gotta say I am feeling kinda the same this time round.

I am chuckling at the amount of adverts with Star Wars marketing, from Jeeps to Chipmunks movies. But I won't let that stop me getting goose pimples when I see the screen light up with the words In a galaxy far far away....and hear the orchestra strike up the Star Wars theme.

I haven't read any of the later books so I am going in completely unsuspecting of the story and I like that.
I have seen a sith in the trailer, kinda hoping its Luke

We haven't heard much about him in this hoopla, but I saw this article this morning in the Sydney Morning Herald relating to Who is Luke Skywalker.

Fast-forward to recent interviews, in which Abrams and Lucasfilm honcho Kathleen Kennedy recounted how she wooed the director to board The Force Awakens over his initial resistance. Abrams and Kennedy both say she posed one question to him: "Who is Luke Skywalker?" And like an instant clincher, he was in.
The question that many fans have asked this year is not "Who is Luke?" but "Where is Luke?" The Tattooine farm boy who launched this whole craze has been nearly absent from trailers, save for his apparent mechanical hand reaching to R2-D2 for a brief moment.

Read more: www.smh.com.au...

Maybe he is just a Yoda like recluse. The adventures of Leia, Chewi, Luke and Han are more myth and legend now, was the force sleeping and who is awakening the Force?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Already have my tickets for opening day. I am hoping for lines reminiscent of the original films. Should be a great film and lots of fun.

For what it is worth we are watching the original trilogy today with our friend, her husband has never seen them and grew up in that era.

Did you also happen to catch the Star Wars cosmetics? Too funny...

edit on 13-12-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Cosmetics! LOL missed that one

Watching the original three in Castle Zazz also

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Already have my tickets for opening day. I am hoping for lines reminiscent of the original films. Should be a great film and lots of fun.

For what it is worth we are watching the original trilogy today with our friend, her husband has never seen them and grew up in that era.

A good friend of mine is a serious starwars collector, one of the more unusual things he owns is a collection of starwars breakfast cereals.

They will stick the name onto pretty much anything it will adhere to.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Cosmetics! LOL missed that one

Because I love you:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Oh My gosh that looks like a 70s advert !

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

So what's it gonna be Zazzy? You gonna go Lightside or Darkside makeup?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I have a stuffed Chewie from 77 that I carried round with me everywhere, mum kept it all this time.
edit on 13-12-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

So what's it gonna be Zazzy? You gonna go Lightside or Darkside makeup?

Always the Darkside baby!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Always the Darkside baby!

Nice.

I am the droid you're looking for.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

LOL!

Going into winter here, my legs are more like Chewie than Leia....you sure you wanna be that?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Going into winter here, my legs are more like Chewie than Leia....you sure you wanna be that?

I could get all Kashyyyk-y freaky on that.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You may be hoping for this

But sadly it is more like this

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

people stated lining up with their little tents 9 days before the movie starts down in los angeles, to have that old time experience like when the original movie came out and get the first vbest seats!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I'll settle for the latter.

Can I brush you afterwards?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

I am trying to get premiere tickets through a work contact. Usually it works, this time.....Star Wars : A Lost Hope.
Im gonna have to go with the plebs

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Having seen the first three Star Wars movies in the theater, as soon as they were released, I'd like to get excited about the new addition to the trilogy of trilogies. BUT, JJ Abrams is the last person I would have gotten to direct this film. JJ has a bad habit of creating anti-climactic endings. I loved Lost and Battlestar Galactica, but both were less than exciting finales. His work on Star Trek also left a bit to be desired, even though I enjoyed the movies overall. Let's hope he pulls out all the stops, and breaks that trend for Star Wars.
From my perspective, moving Luke to the dark side will ruin the franchise. And killing Chewi won't fare so well, either. To end on a positive note though. I am looking forward to seeing his take on the progression of the Star Wars universe, even if I end up hating it.
edit on 12/13/2015 by Klassified because: wording

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I'm going to miss the launch.

A friend wanted he and I to dress up for the occasion but he insisted that I be Luke because he wanted to be Vader.
It's probably for the best that it's not going to happen since he was going to buy a half assed Halloween Vader costume on eBay and he tried to convince me how awesome it would look, and I made him aware of just how silly he would look compared to the die hard fans. Then he said he was going to buy his partner a sexy stormtrooper outfit and how we could pose for photos and I told him as calmly as I could to eff off.

edit on 13-12-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Calm Down Disney, Calm down

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I have the lipstick and mascara! Of course I only bought it because of Star Wars!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join