It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball Videobook

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The reason I am placing this OP in the general conspiracy forum is because if this is true (I think it is) there has to be a major conspiracy perpetrated on the entirety of the world population in the form of misinformation through many different outlets.

I have watched this entire video and it does offer some very common sense reasons why it is not possible for the Earth to be spinning 1000 miles per hour and can not be a sphere, using math and common trigonometry and geometric principles they demonstrate over and over again why this is just not possible.

I am not a "flat earther" with an agenda. I simply question how we can be so ignorant about something so simple.

I have been in an airplane, I have been in tall buildings, I have been on ships, I have been on mountains and it never dawned on me until today something that should have been so easy to question...if the Earth was round and the curvature existed then when viewing anything from a distance there should be some evidence...there has never been an instance where I looked at a landmark from a distance and wasn't able to see the entire structure.

This video clearly demolishes the spherical earth premise over and over again.

For instance, if I was in Wisconsin looking at the sky line of Chicago it would be impossible to see every building, yet I have done this and it is possible, if the earth was curved this would not be possible.

If I were in a boat at sea and was looking for a guiding light from a lighthouse, it would not be possible to see the light at a height for guidance until I reached a certain distance rendering the curvature obsolete, however, the very purpose of the lighthouses was and is to specifically help guide boats to shore, why would they build them if the curvature rendered them useless until a boat reached a certain point?

The video has many other examples, you will have to watch it to gain more knowledge for yourself. Really, it is common sense that tells me all I need to know, but why did it take me so long to see it? Because, for some strange reason after being taught over and over again by the established rhetoric, I was blinded to the reality.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
So, if I go from the U.S. to Europe, to Asia, and back to the U.S. in a straight line, how do I get back to the U.S.? Do I magically teleport back?

Or is it because the planet is round?

Also, Earth is BIG. You won't be seeing curvature till a large distance
edit on 13-12-2015 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hmm, why is it that all liquids and semi liquids outside of earths gravity field when left in a state of "weightlessness" (I know the way it works like its perpetually falling etc but for example) that these liquids turn into spheres? What's the earth mainly comprised of? Yeah liquid.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Dude....seriously?
Are you trolling?

Let's start with the obvious....we have created space stations with hundreds of inhabitants who have orbited the earth for going on 40 years...heck, Sputnik orbited in the 50s...

As for ships, the us navy was obsessed with guns big enough to reach over the horizon(10-20 miles give or take)
Have u ever been at sea?
Ships appear and vanish over the curved ocean constantly...

Have any commercial pilot friends?
If so, ask them how it would work out not accounting for earths curvature in transcontinental flights....
Spoiler alert: they fly curved trajectories...

Also, 1491 called and they want their theories back..

Sidenote: water is wet and the sky is blue...

-Christosterone

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Since you claim to have been in an airplane why do they fly great circle routes instead of just a straight line?

I love that you also cited that tool bag Eric Dubay who used to post here and claim all kinds of wacko nonsense, good to see he completely went off the deep end now.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Must be a massive conspiracy then because when I've travelled the world over land and sea, the maps and charts always turned out as expected.
I'm assuming you have never left the US then?

Absolutely ridiculous thread, but amusing so I gave you a star for the entertainment alone lol

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure 200 proof does indeed confirm the world is spinning... just before the universe fades to black and you vomit.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Ok you say you don't think the earth is flat and you say it can't be spheroid !!!! so what are you suggesting it is?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb

Ok you say you don't think the earth is flat and you say it can't be spheroid !!!! so what are you suggesting it is?

OP thinks it's a giant space pyramid controlled by the Illuminati.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Oh , the idiocy that the internet has promigulated

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well, its not a ball, its an oval. But yes it is spinning.
edit on 13-12-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
1 proof that the Earth IS a spinning ball:

The Earth being spherical and rotating around the sun is one of the most concrete facts in science and has been corroborated by thousands and thousands of people over the years who are much smarter than you or me. Don't fall for it my friend, the world is round, not flat.
edit on 12/13/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Seriously? Try going to North Cape in Norway. Also known as "The end of the World". It's a small island and you can look out to nothing but water. And yes, you can see the curvature on the horizon pretty easily.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
using math and common trigonometry and geometric principles they demonstrate over and over again why this is just not possible.

Wheres the maths to prove this?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
When I was a kid I stood on the beach. Watching the horizon on a clear day you can see approaching vessels, the masts of ships coming up over the horizon first, then the super structure, then the hull.

From a jetliner at cruising altitude, if you look very close, the curvature of the earth is just visible on the distant horizon at the point where ocean meets skyline.

When viewing the night sky, the star Polaris is at the center of the axis of the spinning earth, all the other stars spin around it.

I have seen these things with my own two eyes. Only people stuck in 2D 'flat land' argue the existence of "up". The earth is most definitely spherical, and spinning.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
its all about that cube earth theory

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

If I were in a boat at sea and was looking for a guiding light from a lighthouse, it would not be possible to see the light at a height for guidance until I reached a certain distance rendering the curvature obsolete, however, the very purpose of the lighthouses was and is to specifically help guide boats to shore, why would they build them if the curvature rendered them useless until a boat reached a certain point?

That's not what lighthouses were made for. They are meant to warn of a dangerous area or serve as a navigational aid like a road sign. They're also quite high off the water sometimes even found on cliffs well above sea level. If you were to use it to make land you would have a very bad day.

If the other examples used as much thorough research of the topic as this one it must be an incredibly compelling video.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Concave Earth Theory , courtesy ex-member of ATS Plumbo .

Here , tremble before Lord Steven Christ ;

or this one slightly longer :

Basically he claims that the Earth is CONCAVE .

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
If the other examples used as much thorough research of the topic as this one it must be an incredibly compelling video.
I didn't even watch the video, absolutely ridiculous.
OP has clearly never left the US and travelled the world, this is possibly his most ridiculous thread yet, love it though for the amusement.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The video creator's logic applied to a different hypothetical:

I'm on a moving coach. I'm standing at the front of the coach. I jump. Why do I not end up at the back of the coach?

It's like he thinks that with a rotating spherical Earth we should all be flying at 1600km per hour to the west if we jump.

<<   2 >>

join