It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016: The Most Expensive Election...Ever?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The Young Turks’ Cenk Uygur joins me to take on the 2016 elections, which may just me the most expensive ever. Experts are predicting the campaigns alone could cost up to $10 billion. Let’s repeat that: $10 billion! Plus, Cenk and myself discuss the possibility of a Ventura 2016 run. Find out who my VP pick would be and why it may be prime time for me to run for president next year.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura
Its already an absurd surreal circus.

Might as well put it totally over the top.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

[Forgive the following post for getting somewhat emotional in its language, but it is what I truly believe is the scenario we have encountered. I feel like it may appear simply hysterical, juvenile even. But as I see it, we're holding onto a ledge suspended above an eternal void with only three fingers. And we're slipping.]

Jesse, I'm not even an American, but if Trump and Bernie don't win the Primaries, please, please, for the love of God (though I am not religious), run for president.

Things need to change. It's a tired line, but it's the truth. I'm not even out of my teens yet, and maybe it's just overactive hormones and imagination at this point and I desperately wish that's the case, but all I see if Hillary or any of the Republican nominees win is a continuous spiral into abject ruin. The ground scoured, and the soil salted so that nothing may ever grow again. I look to the future, and I feel nothing but despair.

2016 is a crucial turning point. To avert the destruction of the future. The world just can't take eight more years of this. It's already almost at breaking point. You can see it in the Middle East. With Syria, with Russia. It's been around since JFK was assassinated and the twin towers tumbled down, though there were more than two. You've said it yourself, America has been at war since you were born. If things stay as they are, it's simple, academic. Game. Over. If Bernie fails, if Trump doesn't pull something crazy out of thin air, you're probably the last. The only hope left.
edit on 12/12/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Give it up Jesse, Trump can't win as an independent, and neither can you.

We all know they're going to give us a bogus Clinton vs. Bush show.

Ironically, if you do run, you will be adding to those billions of dollars spent (wasted)....

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
That is a high number but wait until you see 2020 then 2024 and so on. Its like everything else in the cost will continually go up and up.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

2016: The Most Expensive Election...Ever?

Great! I feel blessed to be able to get a slice of that pie. Contractor in the local GOP media group...sweet gig! Their budget for campaign expenditures is obscene.
edit on 12-12-2015 by olaru12 because: #%^ER&U%^#

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Jessee and Cenk in one video on ATS? Well Good Morning! Great video. I would vote for Jesse for sure!

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

$10 billion. People should keep that in mind when Trump says he'll fund his campaign with up to $100 million and that's why he isn't going to go to the highest bidder. $100 million is just 1% of $10 billion.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

How much is it costing him to troll on twitter? :p

Sure JV why not run, every cake needs a cherry.

ps: video would never load for me using NSA browser errr Chrome.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
You would get my vote if you ran!! I definitely wouldn't want to have to choose between Trump, or Hillary. Sigh

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
For $10 billion a person could buy their own island, and be king.

That's a more attractive Idea than running this cess pool.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Voting is going to be a joke
Hillary Clinton will take a position of power
There will be massive uprising /shooting

Per vision I had Aug 2015
The vision is not from me, it's from hearing the Lord.

And I'm not one of those people who posts a bunch of predictions or dreams. I shared something before to family members that I received when I was 5, they all laughed. It came to pass. Hopefully this doesn't but I know it will.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

not much longer george

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: shinethelight

I hope it doesn't come to pass, but if Clinton does come to power... What choice will America have left? The second amendment is supposed to be there for a reason. This. Reason.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWonderkid
a reply to: olaru12

not much longer george

Welcome to ATS....Brenda

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Aazadan

How much is it costing him to troll on twitter? :p

Sure JV why not run, every cake needs a cherry.

ps: video would never load for me using NSA browser errr Chrome.

Probably somewhere around $250 per hour. That hires 10 people at $15/hour (plus payroll taxes) to camp news sites, post positive comments, and maintain a social media presence. Or to put it another way, around $210,000 from June to now or about 4% of his campaigns total operating budget so far.
edit on 12-12-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I know the OP is about more than just the cost, but as for that, of course it's the most expensive ever, as most every election is. Just as every year the total of Major League Baseball® salaries is the highest it's ever been.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Only the most wealthy need apply since the majority of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.
We'll need you though when comes to dying in banker legislated wars and will tell you it is to defend freedom and "Democracy"

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: shinethelight

I hope it doesn't come to pass, but if Clinton does come to power... What choice will America have left? The second amendment is supposed to be there for a reason. This. Reason.

Outstanding..

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
It's difficult for politics to one-up themselves in their face-palming actions, but for some reason, I continue to have a bruised face.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join