It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Children Arrested and Thrown in Jail for Wearing Saggy Pants at School, No Kidding

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Two Tennessee High school seniors were arrested and thrown in jail for 48 hours because the dared to do the unthinkable, wore their pants too saggy.

2 days in jail for violating a high schools dress code , what a load of crap.. I dont like the saggy pants look either but thats is how alot of kids are wearing them these days and honestly 95% of them are wearing boxers underneath so where is the indecent exposure ? It shows more just walking around with shorts on.

And since when did a school dress code violation become a criminal jailable offence? Lots of bad things happen to people in jail especially high school kids so the last thing they should be locked up for is saggy effing pants.

Ths cop says the older kids are setting a bad example for the younger kids so thats why they were arrested.. Its is not high school kids job to set an example for other kids it is actually the cops job..

And that is not what our jails are for..

BOLIVAR, Tenn. -- Two Bolivar Central High School seniors are preparing to face the next 48 hours in jail for wearing saggy pants.

It's a ruling that has raised a lot of eyebrows.

"You do got to be presentable at school. But, doing 48 hours! Ain't nobody doing that."

This man was outraged after hearing saggy pants were the reason two Bolivar Central High School students will spend the weekend in the Hardeman County Jail.

The sentenced stemmed from an incident in early November where four students were charged with indecent exposure.

Willie Hoyle said older students should set a better example.

"Because the environment is already bad. And it ain't going to get any better if the older kids don't try to show the younger kids anything," he said.

wreg.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Saggy pants are an attempt to associate and identify with jailed street gang members in prison. Belts are banned because of their potential use in suicide or attacking other prisoners. So the inmates have to walk around with saggy pants. Then the schoolkids want to copy them thinking it is cool.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Good, i bet they pull their pants up next time.

Tired of seeing kids asses hanging out of their pants.

In florida it is an automatic 24 hours in jail in some places.

Will smith has been arrested for it twice.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
And since when did a school dress code violation become a criminal jailable offence?

I think the only way that it could be is if the municipality passed an ordinance legislating as such.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

May be a little harsh, but they DID know the rules. No mercy on thugs! If they did turn out to be gang bangers, execution would have been more proper.
I like how they say "children" like they were 9 years old or something.

Pcg
edit on 8-12-2015 by pcgamer11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2015 by pcgamer11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Lawsuit. I wear baggy pants. I have to squat often while I work. I don't like squashing my testicles.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Think of the children, these saggy panTs are so evil, thanks for another fail by the us.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I don't think jail is the answer but detention after school, yes! Progressive from there..

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Instead of prison, they should make them run from a large dog. that alone should teach them how ignorant that fashion statement is. But breaking a school dress code is grounds for suspension, not jail.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Don't be so cheeky....a lot of us have baggy pants but not halfway down to you have to walk like you are bow legged...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Thanks for sharing Skunk
You are an exception-

Hats on sideways pants on the ground; woot woot!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

Again I never see asses I see boxers.. There is nothing indecent about it..

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'm still on the fence about the 48 HR jail time for a dress code violation, but honestly, how else do you see most high school students finally listening? It's part of the dress code, and they are knowingly defying it. The following ~40s video demonstrates a huge concern when it comes to kids, schools, and dress codes.

Saggy pants & weapon concealment

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

That is so retarded.. It started from baggy prison pants but the kids wear them now because everyone else is wearing them.. Not to look like prisoners..

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
lol... so many people thinking prison is a good thing for fashion offences.

that's sickening to be honest.

What happened to being sent home for not abiding by the dress code? Ahh I forget it's not the 80's or 90's any more....

roll on enlightenment.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodstream7
I'm still on the fence about the 48 HR jail time for a dress code violation, but honestly, how else do you see most high school students finally listening? It's part of the dress code, and they are knowingly defying it. The following ~40s video demonstrates a huge concern when it comes to kids, schools, and dress codes.

You suspend /expell them... Not arrest/jail them..

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodstream7

We should sent illiterate kids to prison too, that'll learn 'em, learn 'em real good.

I'm with you, gustaf!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

That is so retarded.. It started from baggy prison pants but the kids wear them now because everyone else is wearing them.. Not to look like prisoners..

lol, you hit reply on the wrong post

But I think we all get what you meant to say.

link   

Do you honestly think expelling a student is the solution? They *want* these "kids" to continue their 'education' (I use that word lightly as I personally think schools are ruining children's minds). 48 Hours in the county jail SUCKS, but it's definitely not as bad as everyone is making it seem. Suspensions don't do squat either, if anything, most kids would see that as a mini vacation. Have you ever been suspended, expelled, or jailed?

link   
Not a baggy pants thing..but still dress code issue..My girls ages 9 and 7 can't even wear hooded coats or hats!! I told them the other day to grab their hats and gloves..(it's getting very frosty here in the morning) they said we can't wear them at school..and didn't want to store them in their backpacks. WTH IT'S COLD! I was a little peeved. Im very cold natured and if I have to stand outside (recess) for 40 min, I WANT a hat, gloves, scarves...etc This dress code thing goes too far sometime

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join