It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Time of looking away over’: Germany warns Saudi Arabia to stop funding radical Islamists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+77 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Germany has publicly warned Saudi Arabia against further financing religious radicals globally. German Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel’s demand to cut money flowing to the Wahhabis comes as some lawmakers are growing weary of Saudi-funded radical mosques.
Gabriel stressed that the Saudi regime has been funding mosques known for radicalizing the Muslim population, including in various communities in Europe.

“We have to make clear to the Saudis that the time of looking away is over,” Mr Gabriel, Merkel’s deputy and the head of the Social Democrats (SPD), told Bild am Sonntag newspaper. “Wahhabi mosques all over the world are financed by Saudi Arabia. Many Islamists who are a threat to public safety come from these communities in Germany.”

‘Time of looking away over’: Germany warns Saudi Arabia to stop funding radical Islamists

Things that make you go hmmmm.....

So, finally someone other than Russia is coming to their senses and realising that some of our 'friends' are stabbing us all in the back.
I don't know how, I don't know why but this syria conflict has really exposed the seething underbelly of a rancid rotting system who's stench of corruption befouls nearly every corner of this planet we call home.

Whatever the case, good on you Germany for standing up and saying what Russia has been trying to tell us in the West. Let's hope more nations wake up and smell the roses before it is too late.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Germany has publicly warned Saudi Arabia against further financing religious radicals globally. German Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel’s demand to cut money flowing to the Wahhabis comes as some lawmakers are growing weary of Saudi-funded radical mosques.
Gabriel stressed that the Saudi regime has been funding mosques known for radicalizing the Muslim population, including in various communities in Europe.

“We have to make clear to the Saudis that the time of looking away is over,” Mr Gabriel, Merkel’s deputy and the head of the Social Democrats (SPD), told Bild am Sonntag newspaper. “Wahhabi mosques all over the world are financed by Saudi Arabia. Many Islamists who are a threat to public safety come from these communities in Germany.”

So, finally someone other than Russia is coming to their senses and realising that some of our 'friends' are stabbing us all in the back.
I don't know how, I don't know why but this syria conflict has really exposed the seething underbelly of a rancid rotting system who's stench of corruption befouls nearly every corner of this planet we call home.

Whatever the case, good on you Germany for standing up and saying what Russia has been trying to tell us in the West. Let's hope more nations wake up and smell the roses before it is too late.

Hmm, not even Russia has said anything about the Saudis...probably should have a while back. Still, it's good news!

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Hmm, not even Russia has said anything about the Saudis...probably should have a while back. Still, it's good news!

They have been saying a bit here and there on the likes of RT.

I haven't been quoting them as much lately because of the strong opposition from some over RT being 'The mouthpiece of the Kremlin' Like our Western media is any better....

But anywho, yes it's good news and let's hope it's the start of our leaders waking up to the truth - Saudi Arabia and Turkey are NOT to be trusted.

+56 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Good - enough is enough. The house of Saud has much to answer for....for disseminating their 6th century version of desert Islam across the world. Islamic extremism has it's founding roots there. It pisses me off that the Wests quest for oil has kept this regime in power for so long and so it's a big +1 for Germany for calling these bastards out.

It wouldn't surprise me if Germany suddenly has a "terrorist" attack in the not too distant future because of this public embarrassment of the house of pedophiles Saud - if anyone deserves to be dragged through the streets it's these mongrels.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

They have been saying a bit here and there on the likes of RT.

I haven't been quoting them as much lately because of the strong opposition from some over RT being 'The mouthpiece of the Kremlin' Like our Western media is any better....

But anywho, yes it's good news and let's hope it's the start of our leaders waking up to the truth - Saudi Arabia and Turkey are NOT to be trusted.

Well, I wouldn't put Turkey in the same class as Saudi Arabia. No Turks involved with 9/11. Is there anyone involved in this mess that merits 'trust'?

I think not....the only exception, perhaps, is the Kurds....no, trust is the wrong word for them...more like grudging admiration, but not 'trust'.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

You are right there - I wouldn't trust any of the players implicitly. Russia has the best plan, but of course nobody wants to trust them. Although I think we are seeing a different Putin here. Maybe the bad boy of Moscow needs something like this to focus on and channel his energy into.

The Western alliance on the other hand is besieged with treachery and impotence. Where 20 years ago I would have been on my rooftop chanting USA, USA, USA I now find myself going WTH are you doing over there? How could this go so wrong on your watch?

The real losers in all of this is the everyday Syrian citizen. And I feel bad for them.
edit on 7-12-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

a reply to: nwtrucker

You are right there - I wouldn't trust any of the players implicitly. Russia has the best plan, but of course nobody wants to trust them. Although I think we are seeing a different Putin here. Maybe the bad boy of Moscow needs something like this to focus on and channel his energy into.

The Western alliance on the other hand is besieged with treachery and impotence. Where 20 years ago I would have been on my rooftop chanting USA, USA, USA I now find myself going WTH are you doing over there? How could this go so wrong on your watch?

The real losers in all of this is the everyday Syrian citizen. And I feel bad for them.

There's this old 'saw'. "We get the gov'ts we deserve". I suppose that includes the Syrians as well as the rest of us....

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Seems like Russia has said something a while back

www.ynetnews.com...
islamtimes.org...

Go to 0:45

edit on 7-12-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

This is the same media source that falsely claimed 400 us mercenaries were in Ukraine. Ironically enough russian media cited that source as well.

Why are no other media outlets but russia covering this?

+39 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

This is the same media source that falsely claimed 400 us mercenaries were in Ukraine. Ironically enough russian media cited that source as well.

Why are no other media outlets but russia covering this?

Oh look, the wind blew in one of the Anti RT crowd

Alternative source #1

Alternative source #2

Alternative Source #3

Happy now?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
German Vice Chancellor warns Saudi Arabia over Islamist funding

German Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel urged Saudi Arabia on Sunday to stop supporting religious radicals, amid growing concern among some lawmakers in Berlin about the funding of militant mosques by the world's biggest oil exporter.

The unusual criticism of the Gulf state follows a report by Germany's foreign intelligence agency which suggested that Saudi foreign policy was becoming more "impulsive".

Reuters.

ETA: You beat me to it, m.
edit on 12/7/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Nope -

Germany rejects own spy agency's criticism of Saudi Arabia

"The assessments by the BND that were published do not reflect this coherent position," Seibert said.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Ahem....

Date on that article

December 4, 2015 10:36 AM

Date on mine

7 Dec, 2015 01:58 - all four articles are from today.

A lot can change in three days.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Oooooo! I bet Saudi are soooo scared, not!

It is not the Saudi state doing it. It is private funding from individual Saudis. Multi billionaire is an understatement of how rich these dudes are.

"One third of the billionaires in the Middle East are related to each other."

"Saudi Arabia’s $776 billion GDP puts it in the top 10 percentile of world nation’s gross domestic products. It has seven billionaires – fewer than the U.S. state of Georgia – but is home to the richest man in the region : Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Alsaud. His net worth of $20.4 billion at the time of publication comes from stakes in News Corp, Citigroup, Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts and other investments controlled through his Kingdom Holdings. (In 2013, Prince Alwaleed sued Forbes for libel in response to an article about him; Forbes has filed a formal response to the complaint.)

Prince Alwaleed’s fellow Saudi national, Mohammed Al Amoudi, made his fortune investing internationally, first in Sweden and then through a diversified portfolio in Ethiopia and Saudi Arabia. He exports coffee beans to Starbucks and tea leaves to Lipton, in addition to owning oil refineries in Morocco and Sweden and oil fields off the coast of West Africa."

"Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Alsaud $26.1 billion Investments
Sheikh Ahmed bin Abdullah Al Juffali $19.8 billion Investments, Diversified
Mohammed Al Amoudi $9 billion Oil
Sulaiman Al Rajhi[3] $8.4 billion Banking
Maan Al-Sanea $8.1 billion Construction, finance
Mohamed Bin Issa Al Jaber $5.3 billion Real estate, hotels
Saleh Kamel $5 billion Diversified
Saleh Al Rajhi $4.7 billion Banking
Abdullah Al Rajhi $3.2 billion Banking
Sulaiman Algosaibi $3 billion Diversified
Khalid Bin Mahfouz & family[4] $2.8 billion Banking
Mohammed Al Rajhi $1.6 billion Banking"

I can see this list is NOWHERE NEAR complete so Wiki are hiding some of them. Bin Ladens are Saudi billionaires. WTF Wiki, why are they not in this list? There are others, too.

Less billionaires in Saudi Arabia than state of Georgia apparently. Surely it is know who among them are sponsoring terrorism. Take the culprit(s) out of circulation then this extremism's financial head is cut off. Stop the oil being sold on the black market by IS then no more money for IS, job done. Of course, the coalition does not want it quite like this. They want it to drag on for political capital.

Here is a general article on Saudi Arabia: en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Check this out ;

Saudi Arabia tried to bribe Russia

Looks like Putin is the thorn in the side of all those corrupt billionaires hey.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It's about time a political statement is made towards SA, with their human rights issues and know funding of ISIS they've been getting off incredibly light considering the grand scheme of things

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

The article is from 2013.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Private armies for hire is a fact .Saudi has one from Columbia working for them in Yemen .It's one of those subjects that is starting to come into the public's eyes and is starting to be discussed . CBC has a good pod cast on the subject podcast.cbc.ca...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

They are well aware, but there is a dangerous side to this.
Some will perceive it as an attack against islam, however if we sacrifice peace and freedom for safety, we deserve neither of them.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The article is from 2013.

Doesn't mean it is not true though. And here is another from 2014

It looks like Putin's compliance couldn't be bought with oil after all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join