It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMPORTANT: Private Message System Overhaul Coming Monday Morning (UPDATED)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The new private messaging backend is now running.

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---

A critical flaw has been discovered in one of the database tables that manages the private messages (and has resisted repair attempts). This has been discovered to be the source of strange and unexpected intermittent issues with sending and receiving some messages.

A new system will be launched shortly, and announced in this thread. It will function exactly as the existing system, but with some significant code changes on the back end. Additionally, the new system will not have any of your old messages.

We will maintain functioning access to your old messages for 30 days. You'll be able to access your old inboxes, outboxes, saved messages, and reply notifications. And any replies you send in the old system, will appear in the new system.

EDIT TO UPDATE:

The new system does not have any of your old messages, saved messages, or thread reply alerts. You will be able to access your old messages here, for 30 days (Please bookmark). If you reply to an old private message, it will be sent via the new backend.
edit on 7-12-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Finishing up final testing.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Thankyou Skeptic.

I know it's been a challenge for you to diagnose, but it is really appreciated that you took the time to look into it and sort the issue
edit on 6-12-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'll be doing the cover in the morning so that, just in case something goes wrong, I'm not in bed.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Does this have anything to do with not receiving Thread Reply Alerts or just personal Private Messages?

I've only had problems with the former, as far as I know.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You do a lot of work to keep this site operating and our experience here enjoyable. Thanks.

For you and your hard work.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
You do a lot of work to keep this site operating and our experience here enjoyable. Thanks.

For you and your hard work.

What Skid said.

Thank you

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

ditto! thanks for working hard and fixing these problems so we have a good site here to hang out in!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It's 6:47 am EST and I want a fancy new messaging system already, what's the hold up?!?

Just kidding. I'm ornery before I finish my coffee.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Just curious though about one other issue, I have sent messages to the complaint forum without receiving replies...was this affected by the same problem?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Will saved messages also be lost?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Is this in reference to the "replied to" glitch where you don't always get messages in your replied to inbox when someone replies to a post? Because if it is, this is awesome! Nothing was more frustrating than authoring a thread then none of the responses to your OP generate a message in the replied to inbox.
edit on 7-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Thank you guys for all of your hard work!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Nothing was more frustrating than authoring a thread then none of the responses to your OP generate a message in the replied to inbox.

I never saw that as a problem, because when I author a thread I'm monitoring updates in MyATS anyway. In fact a thread author could get swamped with notifications if every post on a thread was covered, so that could be a sensible reason for excluding them.
I was always more concerned with the responses being given to posts on other people's threads.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Nothing was more frustrating than authoring a thread then none of the responses to your OP generate a message in the replied to inbox.

I never saw that as a problem, because when I author a thread I'm monitoring updates in MyATS anyway. In fact a thread author could get swamped with notifications if every post on a thread was covered, so that could be a sensible reason for excluding them.

Watching my replied to inbox is how I know if I have responses or not. And this wasn't something done on purpose either. Some threads would generate messages and others wouldn't. It was really up to a flip of a coin. I tried figuring out if it was above top secret forums only that did this or below top secret forums, but every time I tried to isolate the cause, I couldn't come up with an answer.

I was always more concerned with the responses being given to posts on other people's threads.

Well this problem will persist for that. Sometimes there are threads that don't send me messages and I wasn't the thread author either.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

This has been discovered to be the source of strange and unexpected intermittent issues with sending and receiving some messages.

You'd think the NSA would be a bit more careful, huh?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The new back-end is now operational. Please see the revised opening post for more information, and how to access your old messages.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
All my messages were deleted, no biggie, I just hope its not everywhere, I sent some u2us to some people and hope they received them. Obviously this was hours before this thread was created.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

No messages were deleted.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
My whole inbox, outbox, saved, and thread replies are empty. Yesterday it wasn't that way.
Edit, with the exception of your last reply of course.

edit on 7-12-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join