It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of the Covenant in Axum

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This site is a long read, but WELL worth it.

www.dccsa.com...

I am quite convinced that this would be the location of the Ark of the Covenant.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yes, perhap's one's in Axum guarded by the monk...However the other three are burried underneath Roslyn Chapel and guarded by the Knights Templer. And its time for KT to unleash the truth about what they found and took from the caverns under jersuslem..

Dallas

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Arc? Which of the two Arcs and where in The Bible does it say they disappeared not to be found?

According to the texts, two were built, the first by Moses as told in Deuteronomy chapter 10, the second and most elaborate in Exodus chapter 40. Neither have been reported as being stolen or misplaced in the good book.

In fact, if anything, it was destroyed by Hezekiah along with the serpent rod of Moses, but because of its supposed importance previously this fact was simply covered up and explained away by Jeremiah in 3:16.

[edit on 5/12/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

I find it very interesting about these other Arks in Egypt since Moses the man that had the plans for the Ark grew up and was taught in Egypt. Perhaps he simple copied something he saw during his time there.
The basket Horus was placed in was called an ark. This is no mere coincidence considering how closely his story relates to Moses' infancy.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The very point, the Arks was one one of the items not listed as missing/stolen by the Babylonians when they invaded.

Dallas

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
The building where the Ark of the Covenant is kept.

The Ark should look something like this according to the Bible.

The Ark of the Covenant

At the moment it is located at the Ethiopian Orthodox St. Mary of Zion Church in Aksum -- a holy city 623 km. north of Addis Ababa.

ohh thats where im from...cool im going to addis ababa, ethiopia june 10

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

The very point, the Arks was one one of the items not listed as missing/stolen by the Babylonians when they invaded.
Then why do you presume the Templar knights managed to take it away? How many centuries after the raid did the knights supposedly make their way into the temple?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It's highly unlikely that this ark is "the Ark" ... many churches in Ethiopia have "replica" arks, and this is probably one of them. Possibly, it's very old. The church that has possesion of it is probably not trying to perpetrate a hoax (i.e., they probably believe it is genuine).

The Copper Scroll might contain the location of the Ark as well as many other temple treasures (info about the Copper Scroll: www.usc.edu...)
Unfortunately, it is very difficult to find the locations mentioned in the scroll at this point in time, but it is likely genuine. This guy thinks that the Copper Scroll is in fact much older than the "Dead Sea" Scrolls, which would indicate that it might contain a record of the 1st temple treasures: www.vendyljones.org.il...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Did you guys not hear that its about to be unvailed in Isreal in a couple months?

It might not be the REAL Ark.. but it could be.

Never the less... it will be used to hijack the Temple Mount area. Destroy the Dome on the Rock, El-Aqsa Mosque and build the fourth temple. Thought I don't know how they are going to do that after Iran turns it in to a massive crator.

Bush must have some serious crap up his sleave to be setting up events the way he is.

VMX

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I thought the Arc was a "radio that allowed communication with god" maybe ive been watching indiana jones lately lol

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vis Mega
Did you guys not hear that its about to be unvailed in Isreal in a couple months?

Got a source for that?

Originally posted by Vis Mega
Never the less... it will be used to hijack the Temple Mount area. Destroy the Dome on the Rock, El-Aqsa Mosque and build the fourth temple. Thought I don't know how they are going to do that after Iran turns it in to a massive crator.

Third temple, actually. Fortunately the Israeli government protects the mosque from extremists that want to destroy it. It's unfortunate that the maintainers of the mosque continue to dig around under the mosque and destroy archaeological evidence (whether intentionally or not I don't know).

[edit on 6/2/2005 by JustMe74]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
..and 2-3 more under Roslynn Chapell in Scotland - guarded by the Knights Templar boys.
Mr Burgess did the research for a widely distributed Documentory back in I believe /97.

Ethiopia, Axum has the other and it's guarded by a Monk - full time. and has been for many centuries. According to Burgess's research.

Dallas

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
If anyone has time, do follow the threads from the vendyljones site to the copper scroll and beyond. This treasure map seems not only to be the real thing but may truely provide our world with an astounding set of discoveries.
There may have been two arks made and used. One, for the true reason of holding the holy relics and one for a display. The vendyljones site has various Jewish threads that can be a bit complicated but well worth the research.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I hope it is okay to revive an old thread, but beings it was here I didn't want to start a new one.

My thoughts regarding the Arc of the Covenant after reading through this thread:

1. Dallas, can you provide some background info as to why you believe there are 3 or 4 Arcs? I've never heard this theory, and it intrigues me a bit.

2. I do believe the AotC to have been a great capacitor. It was built from acacia wood (insulator), and lined with gold (conductor). The two cherubim acted as a spark gap - which could explain the "miracle" that people saw above the two angels... and the lightening, no less. It would make sense that if someone didn't know how to "handle" the Arc, they could touch it in such a manner as to receive a full discharge of the electricity - killing them instantly. I believe the Levite Priests were trained to know how to handle it.

Source

Speculations that the Ark of the Covenant may have operated as an electrical capacitor are common amongst some electrical engineers (Nikola Tesla being the earliest); they say that the design of it allowed it to store electric charge, and thus could facilitate an electric discharge between the cherubs. The theory suggests that it resembles a capacitor (of radiant energy) in its construction. The biblical accounts of individuals sudden deaths from touching the Ark could correspond to death by a lethal high voltage charge. Louis Ginzberg’s "Legends of the Jews" has ancient oral traditions referring to "sparks" from the cherubim. These "fiery jets" occasionally burned and destroyed close objects. Other biblical accounts could correspond with exposure to some high frequency electromagnetic fields. Jewish legend has occasional records of a "cloud" between the cherubim. The Ark was considered dangerous at these times and Moses would not approach it.

Tesla, in the article "A fairy tale of electricity" (published September 9, 1915), stated in regards to the Ark:

"The records, though scanty, are of a nature to fill us with conviction that a few initiated, at least, had a deeper knowledge of amber phenomena. To mention one, Moses was undoubtedly a practical and skillful electrician far in advance of his time. The Bible describes precisely, and minutely, arrangements constituting a machine in which electricity was generated by friction of air against silk curtains, and stored in a box constructed like a condenser. It is very plausible to assume that the sons of Aaron were killed by a high-tension discharge, and that the vestal fires of the Romans were electrical." [2]

Archaeological discoveries of the last century (which include the Baghdad Battery among others), indicate that a working knowledge of energy devices might have been present in ancient Middle Eastern cultures, and therefore it might not have been beyond Moses' specialized training in the house of Pharaoh (Exodus 2:10).

It is known that the acacia wood acts as an insulator, while the gold (the purest available at that time) is known as a good conductor. An electric charge could have accumulated from constant exposure to static electricity in the Middle East climate (among other possible sources). The Ark's upper surface has a rim of gold (a single coil of angels figures). Over the ark, the cherubs could form a spark gap, producing a dynamic radiance that would inspire awe in the observer, and act as a lightning source to kill anyone that touched it.—Num. 7:9; 10:21; 4:5,19, 20; 1 Kings 8:3, 6; Lev. 16:2; Num. 7:89; 2 Sam. 6:6, 7.

Around 1999, author Richard Andrews built a model of the ark. He claims that when tested, it demonstrated that it would act as an electromagnetic accumulator.

3. I believe the true AotC is in Ethiopia, and has been there since before Christ. The stories of it going to Europe via the Templar really just read as legendary, but little fact to back the legend up. Whereas the Ethiopian story has much in the way of historical fact and significance to lend credance.

It seems that an illegitimate son of Solomon (with the Queen of Sheba) returned from Jerusalem prior to the Babylonian invasion to Ethiopia with the AotC. He had it placed, along with a Levite Priest, on the island of Tana Kirkos - which is located in Lake Tana, one of the major springs feeding the Blue Nile. There is a high, rocky place there with cubical stones that mark the former place of the Arc. Local tradition says that a tent was placed over the Arc there, and that the one Levite Priest lived there, protecting it until he died. He is now buried there. There is also a building not too far away that houses some interesting relics that are said to have come directly from the Temple of Solomon... mostly ritual things. The most interesting of which (and convincing) is the frame work for the breastplate that was worn by the Levite Priests. Of course, the actual breastplate with the twelve precious stones is gone, but the bronze frame is still pretty much intact.

After the priest passed away, it is said that the Arc was moved to Aksom (Axum), and placed in a chapel there where it remains to this day - guarded by a lone priest who is believed to be in the line of Levites.

Here are a couple of websites with some good reading on the subject:

This one offers some other theories as well.

BASE Institute

I hope this sparks further conversation on this matter, as it is one that greatly piques my interest.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Ok, for starters, i've read alot on the Ark from several sources. If you really want some info on it, please read the book "Lost Secrets of the Sacred Ark". It pretty much goes to tell you that it was in fact a large capacitor. The priests that carried it wore special outfits laced with gold and gems which would ground them to the Earth, in essence not killing them. Individuals who approached the Ark unclothed in this manner would cause the Ark to release its charge thus killing them instantly. Imagine: a car battery gives you a good jolt if you ground out on it, the Ark was about 20-30 times larger than a car battery....well....you get the picture. Another reason for the Ark was it was used to make gold. Not the gold that you and I know, but gold in powder form. It was know in Egypt as "mfkzt" aka "The Philosophers Stone". It was rumoured that the Egyptians ingested this powder in "cakes". It was said to "enhance" the person who ate it. If you think about it its not that unbelievable. Gold is a conductor, one of the best. Your body and brain operate on electrical pulses or sparks in between your synapses, which make you talk, walk, etc. If you were to ingest this "gold powder" it would allow those pulses to travel more efficiently. Now, you ready for the REALLY freaky part? There was another use for this powder. Just recently scientists have done experiements with this powder. A group of individuals were heating this powder in a dish. When it got to a certain temperature a brilliant white light was emitted and the powder disappeared. Now it had to go somewhere right? Now the weird part of this is as the temperature went up, the dish became lighter and lighter, kinda like reversing the effects of gravity. When it "exploded" so to say, the light didnt emit any heat of any sort. It would in essence cause objects to levitate or float. Some believe this is how the pyramids were built and other large structures. The Egyptians were in possession of the Ark at one point so that gives insight on how the pyramids were possibly built. When the Knights Templar aquired it, the Great Notre Dame cathedrals arose, whom some thought impossible in those times.
I could go on and on about this but i think that you all should definately read this book. Its pretty astonishing the things that it unravels.
Well, hope to post soon again and I hope you enjoy this post.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Kinda like Goldschlager eh?www.cockeyed.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Im reading alot of this for the first time but it all adds up! The Falasha or Beta israel people were all in Ethiopia and were not allowed in Israel. They were not considered Jews, But! If hat your saying is true...They had the AoC in Ethopia. GOD seems to always want his AoC with his people and that if anyone tried to take the AoC or steal it they would be harmed or kill by it (interesting) now we are moving closer to the return of JESUS and the temple of GOD has to be rebuilt according to prophesy. As of 1973 the Falashas was final given permission to claim Israel as their home (I wonder why) For the last 30 or so years Israel has allowed the Falasha Jews to come into Israel, as Jews and they actually helped them do so calling it operation Moses. That would fulfill prophesy and explain how the AoC could even be moved. jusy my theory.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
simple truthful answer,
if the ark does exist, then it will be in the vaults below vatican city,
the vatican spent 100's of years hauding all of its religious relics etc.
so its doubtful they would of let something as important as the ark of the covenant slip

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The Ark does exist and its in the British Museum under lock and key. The Ethiopians have been campaigning for its return along with hundreds of other artifacts stolen by the British in 1868

It is only ever seen by the priest and represents the Ark of the Covenant, which the Israelites used to carry the Ten Commandments as they travelled to the Promised Land

www.afromet.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Needless to say but the afronet link doesn't mention the ark, just other artifacts.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join