It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOUND 40ft under ruins: Ancient 'black magic' pagan worship room built by mysterious cult

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
FOUND 40ft under ruins: Ancient 'black magic' pagan worship room built by mysterious cult

The incredible space was uncovered by accident in 1917 and features gods and cherubs lavishly etched onto its walls.

The architectural site, built as a place of worship for a pagan cult in Rome, 40ft below the city, has long baffled historians.

Some of the gods and classical heroes identified on the walls include Achilles, Orpheus, Paris and Hercules.

At the entrance is a head of Medusa and, inside, the walls are painted red at the base, alongside images of centaurs, griffins and satyrs.

I came across this little story and at first was not too taken by it but this bit here caught my eye...

Now, historians believe that the room was built by the influential Statilius family for followers of Neopythagoreanism, a mystical school of Hellenistic philosophy that preached asceticism. The little-known cult was based on the writings and doctrines of Pythagoras and Plato.

Pythagoras and Plato?

Now if there were ever a Cult that would have been interesting to see or investigate that's the one I'd check out*

*Not join, just check out...
edit on 23-11-2015 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

THIS is a sweet story. I they learn more about the group that designed/used this space. I always enjoy a good thread by Slayer

A few more pics from the article:

edit on 23-11-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'd guess the Italians built that long ago. That was where the guys got together, drank Vina and made cudaghi and salami. Maybe they played cards that had pictures of those gods instead of kings, queens, and jokers.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Nice grab. I picked up on it a couple of days ago on the archaeo listings. What really stands out is the seriously subjective use of the term 'black magic'. And pagan? Everything was pagan in AD 53...Christianity was still a minor cult.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

S&F

Quite amusing to see an old ritual being performed in the video.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I don't believe they went underground just to talk about Hellenistic philosophy, but probably is what they told the people. I mean, "romans underground", no wine, no food, no chicks?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Nice grab. I picked up on it a couple of days ago on the archaeo listings. What really stands out is the seriously subjective use of the term 'black magic'. And pagan? Everything was pagan in AD 53...Christianity was still a minor cult.

Yeah, the "black magic" title really annoyed me. However, it's a wonderful looking area.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Very interesting find and i hope to see more info come to light on the area and the "pagan cult".

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
"Black Magic"...Christian propaganda that is.
You forget that "christianity" was forced on the European people at the point of a sword.
So of course if you still felt homage or faith in the old gods you would have to go "underground".

K~

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Underground sites generally revolve around death fascination or emulation.

For your enjoyment, Greater Than One...

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Pythagoras is quite a mystery. AFAIK, there are no extant writings from him and most of what is "known" comes from scattered references and a handful of often contradictory, fantastical accounts written a couple centuries after his death. My impression is that he was essentially the leader of a cult of early ascetic philosopher mathematicians who literally worshiped him as a living god (IIRC, one legend is that he glowed).

He was supposedly trained by Egyptian priests, Greek philosophers and a Delphic priestess, Babylonian astronomers and Magi, Phoenician mathematicians, etc. A man who traveled the world, learning from masters of every imaginable discipline and then returned home, becoming an ascetic and withdrawing from all but his disciples with whom he shared his collected esoteric wisdom.

It's impossible to separate fact from fiction but that's what makes it all so damn interesting!

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Nice find! S&F

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The head of Medusa got me...wow... Extravagantly built 40 ft under ground? Ancient? That is pretty impressive, definitely only for the elite. S&F If that spiral staircase leads to the ruins I want to go.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Now, historians believe that the room was built by the influential Statilius family for followers of Neopythagoreanism, a mystical school of Hellenistic philosophy that preached asceticism. The little-known cult was based on the writings and doctrines of Pythagoras and Plato.

Sounds like Scientology Lite to me...

I suspect that asceticism and philosophy were nothing more than a facade to hide what was really going on...

Very little is known about the quasi-religious cult founded by Pythagoras, but it is highly probable that, in time, it became one, if not the only hidden powers behind the Greco-Roman Emperors who were literally always sex perverts and, many times, exclusively homosexual. In fact, nearly every single so-called ‘genius’ discovery of Pythagoras is nothing more than childish nonsense.

In reality, the only real accomplishment of Pythagoras was to recruit and train beautiful, young witches in total secrecy using ritual sexuality in order to keep them under his personal control. It seems quite obvious that he employed numerous threats of violence, exclusion, or abandonment to all those who dared to oppose his dictatorial control over God’s beautiful daughters of nature.

jasoncorning.typepad.com...

In truth, and because of Pythagoras’s brutal, misogynous oppression and sexual enslavement of innocent, beautiful young females, the God of nature rose up against him and his followers and, with justice and righteousness, tore them a new BLEEP. Indeed, the only lesson to be learned from Pythagoras is that Satanic ritual sexuality never pays off...

jasoncorning.typepad.com...

Much like L. Ron Hubbard and David Koresh, Pythagoras founded his own religion. Much like L. Ron Hubbard and David Koresh, Pythagoreanism was totally insane. How insane? To put it concisely, the square of the insanity of Pythagoreanism is equal to the sum of the square of the insanity of other religions. Pythagoras' religion had two primary tenets: souls are reincarnated, and beans are evil. Not metaphorical beans, or metaphysical beans, but just plain, edible beans.

7 "Eccentric" Geniuses Who Were Clearly Just Insane

edit on 23-11-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'd go with that too. Many years ago, I recall reading about Pythagoras attributing mystical values to numbers. Apocryphal is a possibility. The number two was perfect in its symmetry and three was divine as having a beginning, a middle and an end. Nine had the value of 3 x 3 and was therefore a high value figure. It was in either Bullfinch or a Lewis Spence book iirc.

These number values lend themselves to explanations of life, reincarnation and the realms outside of our worlds. The geometry may also have had mystical, symbolic values that we've seen since with Theosophists as well as Masonry.

The first time I stumbled on Greek mythology was like entering a new world and new ideas opened up. Just imagine the guru values of being a smart guy back then and saying the kind of things that became clichéd in the 1960s?

The beautiful architecture says they had patronage or deep pockets. I smile at the 'red walls' mention because those dudes back then loved their colour. Damn near everything was daubed in the equivalent of a three year old's crayon colours. I posted a thread, way back, of a brightly painted buried tomb from Sardinia.

S&F Slayer

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Nice to see a thread by Slayer...

I miss seeing your finds and interesting threads.

As always...S&F

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

How odd, a Catholic blogger blogging about 'Christian Telepathy' manages to insinuate that a figure who practised another religion was engaged in 'satanic' acts.

Well I never.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Thank you for OP.

Its a place that really sparks the imagination. The earth holds a lot of secrets

Happy Days

snf

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Pythagoras is the first who said that the moon day is 15 times bigger than the earth's. Also

Pythagoras - Orpheas - Dionisus - (hercules is the star system, that is considered a rebel star system, dragonian or something) the head of Medussa represents the minions of medussa, consider it as a fleet of abominations and the name of it is Medussa.

Pythagoras - Orpheas and Dionisus have been constant/weekly visitors in the moon, they even said that their knowledge, was given from the moon. They discribed in their books what the moon looks like from the inside...

I consider them as rebels. Our gods departed a bit after Atlantis 13000-9000bc, everything that comes next, is rebels the majority of it, or you could call it FALSE FLAG- Greek. Through them they promoted democracy (a tool of corruption, etc), the sirens. After the catastrophy we had huge immigrations, the whole earth was a mess after that. Its the age of genocides, wars, false flag mediums, etc.

I cant remember if its Pythagoras secret community, but I think they could return from the dead.

You can google the stuff I typed here, there is lots of texts reffering to those thing.
edit on 24-11-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join