It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elistist people really get my goat.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Just seen a post basically slagging off anyone on minimum wage and the person called them dregs of society....
Well just NO without people doing the # jobs where do you think society will be?. Tell you what anyone who has an elitist attitude towards these jobs and the people who do them are welcome to come and do a days work at my place and after they can attempted to call me a dreg of society.
We are all cogs in the wheel and not everyone can go to university and not everyone can be a manager (not enough manager jobs for one durr) and work their way up there just isn't the jobs.
Tyler Durden was right you elitist pricks should remember his message.

Just gets me goat up when I hear or see elitism, you can bet many of these elitists have not been hungry or worried about bills so the next person I hear going off on an ignorant rant about people on low income being dregs of society...I will write a very angry letter!.
edit on 23-11-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
You should throw a beating on them and get your goat back.
Check with Augustus Masonicus if you don't get your goat back, he usually has unfettered access to goats.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You're right. The world needs ditch diggers too !

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

A noble profession darn hard work also.
Like I said all cogs in the wheel, imagine If people thought themselves above digging a ditch? we would be doomed.
edit on 23-11-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You should throw a beating on them and get your goat back.

Hahaha, choke, hahahachoke...........too much.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Greetings- A true "EListist" wouldn't even bother getting on ATS™. The apologists You read are the same who argue about the 1% thinking they are a part of the 1%.

It is akin to an argument about a politician. In most cases, the 2 combatants have more in common with each other than the politician they're arguing about...

To donktheclown: Judge Smails said that... I added the video link a few threads ago... Which of course I'll add here:

Edit: www.youtube.com...

namaste
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: added Judge Smails vid

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I think this is another case of cultural slang speech. Just to point out I don't actually own a goat

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

This sounds like it should be directed to arrogant people. I don't think that most of the people you are referring to are elitist because frankly most of us aren't in that < 1%.
edit on 2015/11/23 by Metallicus because: Fixed display issue

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

there are a lot of jerks out there..

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I think this is another case of cultural slang speech. Just to point out I don't actually own a goat

Nah, we use that expression on this side of the pond too. I was just being a simpleton... I am good at that, anyway.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

You're right, the elite don't give a crap about what you think, you're not one of them.

Fight club scene was a good choice. Better choice is the ending. Because control freak narcissists will never be convinced of anything to change their system of rule. Its their system, they rule it.

edit on 23-11-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Spread the gospel truth , brother man....

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I hope you get your goat back.

If salaries and incomes were based on performance, Hollywood would become a Dystopian nightmare.TMZ would be the first to go as that are the most pointless and defenseless as they couldn't hide behind the ambulance chasers as they were already mowed down by careless drivers, and the Kardashians would seek asylum only to be refused by customs because their vanity and excessive egos are deemed illicit goods.

edit on 23-11-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

When I hear the sort of talk you speak of, my one mental fortress against its stupidity is the knowledge that my ancestors fought world wars, mined coal, built bridges, and carried arms in defence of their chieftains if you go far enough back. Without people like us, even the thin pretence of civilisation we "enjoy" today would be impossible. Without people like us, we would have no sewerage system to carry our waste away, and by so doing prevent illness from running through our lands like wildfire. Without people like us, we would have no roads connecting our cities together, allowing for faster trade and commerce between communities. Without people like us, there would be no Britain at all, and that gives me hope and strength, when the idiocy of entitlement rears its head to erode my reserves.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You are a wordsmith sir!.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I didn't know you were an ancient Roman Brit.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Yes my goat has also been taken by these jerk offs.

Similar to those who don't think burger flippers deserve a higher wage for feeding them when they're in need of fast food...

They assume no work is actually needed but if asked to stand in a boiling hot kitchen cooking all day they'd also be asking for a higher pay pack.

Elitist is right...

& TrueBrit put it perfectly, society wouldn't exist without them.

edit: burger flippers is just one example of millions.
edit on 23-11-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Noted for clarity.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This pretty much sums up my attitude:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I forget where I first heard this, but I've carried it with me for what seems like forever. "Never ask someone to do something that you, yourself haven't done before or wouldn't be willing to do."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join