It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Arrested on Ohio Turnpike

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
From NBC Affiliate WKYC in Cleveland:

NEWTON FALLS, Ohio – The Ohio State Highway Patrol says five foreign nationals were arrested Thursday, charged with identity fraud, possession of drugs, possessing criminal tools and forgery, according to the OSHP report.

Troopers said the car they were in was initially pulled over on eastbound I-80 (the Ohio Turnpike) a few miles east of state Route 5 for an improper lane change.

They are all from in and around Columbus and are being held in the Trumbull County Jail. Officials confirmed with WCMH in Columbus that there was no terrorist link to the alleged activity.

I find it odd that all of the links I checked, there is no information regarding where they are actually from.

This gives me the creeps...Maybe they're just low level, scumbag thieves, or maybe they're the bait.

Weird story all around. Hope they put some more information out about them...

WKYC Article
edit on 18-11-2015 by lovebeck because: Fixed link.
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Thu Nov 19 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: EXTERNAL QUOTE TAGS ADDED, TRIMMED OVERLY LONG QUOTE

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Another group of 5 middle-eastern foreign nationals travelling together with forged papers arrested.
This is getting worrisome.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Another group of 5 middle-eastern foreign nationals travelling together with forged papers arrested.

I know, right??

The Ohio Turnpike goes across the top of Ohio, east to west. They were headed eastbound. Wonder where they were headed?

One of the recent ISIS threat videos said they would strike America's heartland...That's Ohio. Heartland of America.

We all know they make good on their threats, which is even scarier, IMHO. Who's to say they even target the big cities??

Very worrisome, indeed.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
That name tho...the name of the town.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Mr Headshot because: Emote

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Headshot

there is a lot of falls around these parts.
im just west of cleveland
im not spooked by this. i dont get the spooky part.
oh well

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

is it possible to be a foreign national and be from columbus at the same time.
i read this as dudes with scary names got arrested. no links to terrorism found but we have to mention terrorism anyway so people will keep talking about terrorism

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i read this as dudes with scary names got arrested. no links to terrorism found but we have to mention terrorism anyway so people will keep talking about terrorism

No. A foreign national is a person who is not a citizen of the host country in which he or she is residing or temporarily sojourning. For example, a foreign national in Canada is someone who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada.

Wiki Link

No links to terrorism, however, they were in possession of a machine to create/duplicate credit cards....Not something that is very common. And two were from the other side of the US. WTF are they doing in Ohio?
edit on 18-11-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: TinySickTears

No. A foreign national is a person who is not a citizen of the host country in which he or she is residing or temporarily sojourning. For example, a foreign national in Canada is someone who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada.

Wiki Link

No links to terrorism, however, they were in possession of a machine to create/duplicate credit cards....Not something that is very common. And two were from the other side of the US. WTF are they doing in Ohio?

Except it's completely common in organized retail crime, which is a billion dollar industry.

As is finding people from all over the country getting arrested for it.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

They were pulled over for an improper lane change?

It's possible that the authorities had their eyes on these guys for a while. Appherantly, these groups that steal credit card numbers travel to different towns to do their work. Seems like a bs reason to pull someone over, unless you just need any ole reason to pull someone over. Just sayin.

Glad the police got em. Not sure if this is a terrorist thing though. Prob just a sloppy ring of thieves.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Decoy.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Minor traffic stops leading to the arrest of major criminals are actually pretty common.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: Woodcarver

Minor traffic stops leading to the arrest of major criminals are actually pretty common.

Thank you. Idc of they are ISIS, or not. I'm just glad the Ohio State Patrol was astute enough to pull them over and take them out of service...Whether or not that service was organized crime or ISIS remains to be seen.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

It's mostly the Newtown part.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

The thing about the Ohio Turnpike though is that there's just sooo much illegal drug traffic along it. I'd hedge my bets that this has more to do with that than anything directly related to terrorism.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Headshot

Its more common than you think. Im from Zanesville Ohio and my fathers sides last name is Newton. There is a Newton Township, Newton Falls, etc.. We are a "productive" family. LMAO!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

The thing about the Ohio Turnpike though is that there's just sooo much illegal drug traffic along it. I'd hedge my bets that this has more to do with that than anything directly related to terrorism.

There's just a lot of illegal traffic on the Turnpike, period.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
"Foreign Nationals"?
" charged with identity fraud, possession of drugs, possessing criminal tools and forgery"?

I find it odd that all of the links I checked, there is no information regarding where they are actually from.

My guess is that they're Israeli

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

They didn't look to be Israeli, nor do their names seem to fit that mold. I was thinking northern Africa, possibly?

I think they are due in court today or tomorrow. Will look into this again to see if there's any more info about them.

But, it is strange they didn't report where they are actually from, right??

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This is interesting...

Miller said it took about three hours to confirm Abu’s identity. He had a driver’s license from Washington but Miller said it was suspended. The Federal Bureau of Investigation helped make a positive identification. Another suspect presented fake identification.

Police don't know what country the men are from or where they were heading.

Link to WSFA.com

Still no info on where they're actually from...
edit on 19-11-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But thinking like this will get you labeled a bigot, racist, and stupid on here. You're worrying over nothing. Nothing to see here, move along. (sarcasm off)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join