It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Jihadi John" killed with $140,000 worth of Hellfire missiles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
And what an achievement it's promulgated as being by Western media! Whoo wee!

We took out a halfwitted, barbarian butcher wielding a bread knife, using our sophisticated, tax-payer funded weaponry... while jihadis, just like ol' Johhny-boy (pbuh), put entire cities to siege using a few AK-47's and some plant fertilizer...!

$600 billion p.a. (of what's disclosed) from the U.S., alone, into Western military might, and we need to overkill a cockney, wannbe raghead... with missiles?! We couldn't get close enough to his desert hovel to stab or perhaps stab him? No chance for some rat poison in his hommus...??

Oh well, I guess real life isn't James Bond and we should just bask in the 'achievement' of pissing $140K in ordnance on a meatbag barely worth the effort exerted in pushing him off a cliff.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
20 000 jobs though used to prop up the US Junta back home is a win for the M.I.C.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
And no American military personal killed, money well spent!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: slednecktx
I'm (reluctantly) willing to bet, people would volunteer to go kill Isis members, for free. Also, someone on the ground probably gathered, and verified the Intel and probably helped that ordinance get to where it went. Those men, you'll never know their name.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Do you think the cost of a deep cover operative in Syria would have been a less expensive asset to use on this Op? I doubt it when you include all costs involved on that operation. Likely the most optimal asset was deployed.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheInhumanCentipede

110,000 is the cost of just one Hellfire Missile so $140,000 would be the approximate mission total cost for a remote nation Hellfire Missile tasking on an identified target.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Or did we. One guy in a mask. Pictures to prove it. Might it not have been a look a like?
And so what anyway, another will be along soon to take his place. Just put a mask on him and call him what ever the hell you want. How about "Instand Media Fodder".

Poooosh Missle strikes are terror and as we are told , day in and day out, this is, a war, of terror.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

110,000 is the cost of just one Hellfire Missile so $140,000 would be the approximate mission total cost for a remote nation Hellfire Missile tasking on an identified target.

Google spat out $70K a pop...

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Or did we. One guy in a mask. Pictures to prove it. Might it not have been a look a like?

That's kind of implied in the nature of the media's rusty trumpeting of something that deserves no news beyond a sortie report.
edit on 13-11-2015 by TheInhumanCentipede because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Cheap price to pay.
That's about 1/100,000,000,000,000,000,000. of 1 U.S.soldier

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence
Why does it have to be a deep cover operative? How about a local asset (aka a snitch) looking to make some dough and get out while the gettings good? They are cheap and expendable, and their are local assets, everywhere and almost all of them are expendable. Besides all that, I know it is next to impossible for anyone on the outside to account for whole units on certain training ops and cycles, its even harder to track other military assets across the globe and they do not need to be deep cover.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Wish i could have seen his face at the end

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Wasting all that money and it might not even be him or possibly just a made up character. Seems rather excessive spending overall. Family of victims as quoted int he news "wanted to see him face to face". Whether they'd been given that chance while he rots in prison or killed(IMO should have had more consequences if truly him), they will never know the real truth.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I personally lean towards the side of we knew where he was all along. I think we only took him out (if we actually did) when we did to poke Putin in the eye.He had said he was going to get him,so we decided to take john out first to show Putin"ha ha ha,we got to him first".How else would you explain how quickly we found him after all this time of not being able to find him? Come on.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
$140,000 well spent IMO.

For once the US coalition did some good.

Now let's see everyone unite, USA, it's coalition, Russia and Europe to fight the rest of these SOB's and exterminate them once and for all.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I also read the families got "very little solace" from his reported death.

The fact that their loved ones were non-negotiable kind of left a bad taste in their mouth for our foreign policy and dealing with kidnapping jihadists.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
140 grand to axe a western actor? Good job.

See? We're trying just as hard as Russia.

But... Who shot Phil Mitchell?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Wonder if Alphacat will make another dope spoof for Jihadi J like he did for Osama .

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I hope he saw it coming so that he could bend over a kiss his *** goodbye.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Wasting all that money and it might not even be him or possibly just a made up character.

Money well spent, if you ask the media spin doctors who coined the guy / guy's name. Made even more propitious if he is in fact a made-up character (...which he likely is).

originally posted by: markosity1973
$140,000 well spent IMO.
For once the US coalition did some good.

Not a tad overkill in your opinion -- two or three people's yearly wage on a bacterium? U.S. national debt approaching $20 trillion and all...?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
a reply to: dreamingawake

I also read the families got "very little solace" from his reported death.

The fact that their loved ones were non-negotiable kind of left a bad taste in their mouth for our foreign policy and dealing with kidnapping jihadists.

I feel for those families, but at the end of the day they can and should take heart in the fact that this scumbag at least will not cause any more pain like they have suffered.

It's not much, but it's a small silver lining for them

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join