It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets do a little word association experiment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Ok well lets start this off, after participating in another members thread here (lets play a game) i got to thinking about word association and its relivance to psychology and understanding people. So i was thinking we could play around with it a little today, I am going to post a list of a few words you will reply with the first word that comes to mind when you read the words. I will then use what i can tell about you from your word association. If you wish to have my response not be public please let me know and i will pm you my thoughts.

disclamier: I have no degree and all responses will be best guesses based off of your replies also play at your own risk.

are you ready????

1. money
  2. sex
  3. mother
  4. marriage
  5. cheater
  6. god
  7. alone
  8. astrology
  9. hate
  10. death

lets see how i do, lets see if i can crack the inner you based of a simple little quiz

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

1 - power
2 - good
3 - crazy
4 - soon
5 - blackjack (?)
6 - ahole
7 - woods
8 - aries (?)
9 - riots
10 - transformation

I wish they were better answers but I didn't want to cheat by thinking twice

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
1. Cloud 2. fishing 3. neosporin 4. book 5. test 6. Ramses 7. stars 8. jupiter 9. death 10. darkness

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
1 Control [ of the masses ]
2 FUN
3 Pain in the ass
4 NEVER AGAIN
5 wife/marriage
6 Doubt
7 Me
8 Bunk
9 Waste
10 Inevitable

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

money = GREED
sex = FUN
mother = WISE
marriage = VOWS
cheater = IDIOT
god = SEMANTICS
alone = SOLITUDE
astrology = STARS
hate = ANGER
death = ILLUSION

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

You think that money will give you more power and success, you are in a relationship that has quality sex, you have issues with your mother, though they are not beyond reconcile she has done something to hurt you on a deeper level, you are about to get married,
you have faced some hard times and hold god to a degree responsible, you believe that being in nature helps you to feel alone and at peace. you regard supernatural and spiritual as plausible though are not 100% convinced, you equate anger with violence and finally you do not fear death your faith in the religious supernatural and spiritual realms has you prepared to move on when your time comes

sadly yours was harder for me to read than some others i have attempted in the past lol let me know how far off base i am...

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Chansi3

you consider yourself to be unique and a nature lover,you believe that mothers should be caretakers and most likely had or have a good relationship with your mother despite your unique spirit you tend to take things very literally and feel that feelings of hate and anger are dangerous you do not believe in the afterlife or any religion that does you think that when you shuffle off this mortal coil all is done and we all just fade to black.

how did i do?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

you think that money is a tool used by those in power to keep the regualar man down, you enjoy casual sex and are open to different experiences. your mother tends to be over bearing but often means well and you deep down respect what she is trying to do for you despite not agreeing with her tactics. you were in a failed marriage most likely due to a cheating lover. you want to believe in a higher power but due to life events you find yourself at a struggle with it. you are still recovering from the loss of your marriage and coming to terms with your change back to a solo lifestyle you try and keep your head on your shoulders and look for logical and rational explanations for the events in life. You try to have a good out look on life and feel that time is wasted on negative emotions and that in the end we all die though this thought brings you no comfort you are well aware and at terms with this end.

how did i do?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

you are a minimalist either by choice or by situation who enjoys an active social life and respect your mother and beleive that marriage is a sacred agreement between two people and that people who cheat are wrong no matter the situation and that there is to much rhetoric in religion and though you have some faith you are also pragmatic. you find comfort in being alone often times retreating to a safe place to relax and contemplate life you take things at face value and do your best to not overly read into things when you get angry you see two sides right and wrong and any one who falls into the latter is your enemy for the time being. you believe that there is something after death and that when it all ends we do not just slip gently into the blackest night but transform into something more.

how did i do?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

mother -empty

cheater- risky

alone- solitude

hate- spew

death- slow

Thought I'd include the other answers as I am sure you don't save them!

1.money- power
2. sex-wow
3. god-bless
4. marriage-ugh
5. sad-miserable
6. astrology-stars...
edit on 7-11-2015 by TNMockingbird because: more specific

edit on 7-11-2015 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Trade
Desire
Nurture
Bond
Weak
All
Solemn
Awesome
Struggle
Passage

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

OK, ready.

1 Coin
2 Heat
3 Laugh
4 Peace
5 Corrupt
6 Absent
7 Strength
8 Future
9 Rage
10 Silence

Have at me, Sigmund.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I sent you a PM, not too shabby.

I love my mom by the way
I just think that she would have to take up permanent residency at Burning Man to fit in with humanity

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21
Ok well lets start this off, after participating in another members thread here (lets play a game) i got to thinking about word association and its relivance to psychology and understanding people. So i was thinking we could play around with it a little today, I am going to post a list of a few words you will reply with the first word that comes to mind when you read the words. I will then use what i can tell about you from your word association. If you wish to have my response not be public please let me know and i will pm you my thoughts.

disclamier: I have no degree and all responses will be best guesses based off of your replies also play at your own risk.

are you ready????

1. money / green
  2. sex/ pleasure
  3. mother/ milk
  4. marriage/ safety
  5. cheater/ devious
  6. god/ omni
  7. alone/ there
  8. astrology/ bunk
  9. hate/ stuff
  10. death/ yep

This isn't very easy. Certainly tougher than I thought it would be.

lets see how i do, lets see if i can crack the inner you based of a simple little quiz

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Money=meaningless
Sex=Greatest show of love(love)
Mother=Guardian
Marriage=Happiness
Cheater=Destroyer
God=Illusion
Alone=Self-finding
Astrology=Bogus
Hate=Emotion
Death=Lonely

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

1.money - green

2.sex - nice

3.mother - son

4.marriage - haven

5.cheater - contemptible

6.god - strength

7.alone - peace

8.astrology - fun

9.hate - abused

10.death - final

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
You did very well , not even close on some things, but overall as associative , quite good. Was a lot of fun to read.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

You equate having money with having power, you either enjoy sex or are shocked by its appearance (easier to tell when you can read the visual cues) you are now or at one time were religious but not overly devoted. You either have been in a bad marriage or are afraid of commitment, when you are feeling sad you really feel miserable there generally is no middle ground and you take things at face value and tend not to overthink the question at hand, you tend to be no nonsense when it comes to logic issues but are open to the plausibility of bigger things.

now for the other questions--- Your mother was distant and didnt give you the affection that you feel you deserved you find the prospect of cheating in life to be a rush and something you may someday be tempted to do but you know that it is a highly risky proposition and would need to way the risk rewards thoroughly before following through. the idea of being alone is almost a comfort for you at times as it give you the space to think and relax. your emotions tend to boil over and come out sometimes in ways that you would prefer they didnt and lastly you understand that life is a long walk down a path to the inevitable.

how did i do?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Interesting thread!

money - greed
sex -
mother - sadness
marriage - debt
cheater -creep
god - universe
alone - solo
astrology -stars
hate -
death - grief

I honestly got no words for the 2 that I left blank- I did get feelings or impressions for them though. weird!

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Fantastic!
Of course...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join