It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will tell you what the joke is, that this guy was put in charge of the DEA.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
DEA chief: Medical marijuana is "a joke." Science: No, it's not.

When the new Drug Enforcement Administration chief took office, marijuana policy reformers hoped for someone a bit friendlier to their cause. But Chuck Rosenberg seems to be dashing those hopes: First, he struggled to admit that marijuana is a safer drug than heroin. And now, in his latest comments, he said it's "a joke" to consider marijuana medicine.

"What really bothers me is the notion that marijuana is also medicinal — because it's not," Rosenberg told reporters, according to CBS News. "We can have an intellectually honest debate about whether we should legalize something that is bad and dangerous, but don't call it medicine — that is a joke."

I will tell you what the joke is, that this guy was put in charge of the DEA.

Ask yourself these questions?

Why are cigarettes legal and they are considered to be one of the deadliest forms of addiction?

Why is marijuana illegal and it has never been documented to kill anyone?

Cigarettes have absolutely no medical value.

Marijuana has been documented to have many benefits, particularly if used the way it was actually intended to be used, as an herbal tea and an ointment for arthritic problems, for use in cooking to offer a stimulation to appetite.

Never mind that the hemp plant itself has many beneficial uses aside from the medicinal value as being a very easy crop to grow in many weather conditions and has a long term life span when used as a cloth material.

What are the benefits of tobacco? 1. Tobacco absorbs poison from a wound or a sting, there is that.

(post by NateTheAnimator removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Man, I'm always 2 seconds to late. My girlfriend showed me this like a half hour ago. I was amazed it hadn't been posted yet.

This reminds me sooo much of all the videos of Congress and Senate members talking about firearms. The "ghost gun" with a "30 caliber magazine clip" that can shoot 30 rounds in 1 second, comes to mind.

Before they're allowed on any committee, or appointed to run anything, these people should have to take take tests, something like the SATs.
Not for intelligence, but make sure they know ANYTHING AT ALL about what ever law(s) they're passing or enforcing.
This type of stuff really boils my blood. And there's to damn much of it.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
and the home... of the... BRAVE!!!!!

This is the land of the free, now think and do as you are told citizen.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I always have to wonder who is in charge of appointing these people? Obama doesn't seem to have anything to do with it because he seems to be very open minded about weed and he even smoked it in his teens. It's clear there are very powerful forces making sure the war on drugs is not compromised by leaders who go on logic and facts instead of emotions and personal beliefs. The DEA may as well still be headed by Harry Anslinger himself, that's how far back in the past they are stuck.

EDIT: Here's an interesting factoid from Wikipedia:

A 2014 report by the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies and the Drug Policy Alliance accuses the DEA of unfairly blocking the removal of cannabis from Schedule I. The report alleges that the methods employed by the DEA to achieve this include: delaying rescheduling petitions for years, overruling DEA administrative law judges, and systematically impeding scientific research.[50] The DEA continues to refuse the removal of cannabis from Schedule I despite wide-scale acceptance of the substance among the medical community, including 76% of doctors, for the treatment of various disease.[51][52][53]

DEA - Cannabis rescheduling

edit on 6/11/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

(post by rockintitz removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
They put morons like this in charge of government agencies so they can justify their existence by the false policies they implement. That is it in a nutshell. Control over people by creating false dichotomies. BS agendas that justify the means.
Obama is an expert at using this same method. Bush was as well, same with Clinton and his Hag lying wife.
Liars begetting liars.
Funny how they all belong to secret orders. It isn't a mystery why.
They should be tried and convicted of war crimes and hung using piano wire with a fast hoist so their heads pop off. I would spit on their graves and you can quote me on that.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Yeah, this guy 'whitied' hard as a kid.

People seem to forget that Flora and Fauna were here way before us, there is a reason why it's still here. Many reasons.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I'd like to see his peer reviewed personal documents of proven research of his own or others to go on. Medicinally legal states say otherwise. As do the small children who can only cope by the medicine when NOTHING else works for them due to their seizures, etc. Even my state who banned marijuana at least let a select few(unfortunately but it may be a start for more) children be able to use oil for their conditions.
edit on 8-11-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

join