It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Says America Would Be Cuba If Not For Fox News

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

So we got another Carson comment straight from the crazy train. APPARENTLY the only thing that separates America from Cuba, is Fox News. Has this man seriously lost all semblance of even CARING about having an intelligent opinion?

What's the difference between the United States and Cuba? According to GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson, it's Fox News.

"Even if all the media tries to shut you down -- which they have tried very much to do with me, but they can't because the good Lord has provided me with mechanisms like my syndicated column and like Fox News," Carson said last year. "We'd be Cuba if there were no Fox News, I ought to tell you."

Fox News... FOX NEWS! The leading propaganda outlet in the country! This man is an idiot.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I dont know, you seem to be giving them a pretty good run for their money on the propaganda wagon. Ben Carson my have thoughts different from yours and mine, but fear of his being able to beat Hillary is becoming all to obvious with the constant bashing some folks have taken too...you ever performed any kind of surgery...much less brain?

I disagree with most everything Hillary says, but I am not compelled to make fun of her in order to push an agenda.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So we got another Carson comment straight from the crazy train. APPARENTLY the only thing that separates America from Cuba, is Fox News. Has this man seriously lost all semblance of even CARING about having an intelligent opinion?

What's the difference between the United States and Cuba? According to GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson, it's Fox News.

"Even if all the media tries to shut you down -- which they have tried very much to do with me, but they can't because the good Lord has provided me with mechanisms like my syndicated column and like Fox News," Carson said last year. "We'd be Cuba if there were no Fox News, I ought to tell you."

Fox News... FOX NEWS! The leading propaganda outlet in the country! This man is an idiot.

The derp is strong with Dr Carson. Does he actually believe this rubbish, or is he just pandering to the base again?

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Your post here makes it seem like my thread has hurt your feelings. Don't take it personally that Carson doesn't have a firm grip on reality.

PS: Don't talk to me about smear campaigns. All the right does is create smear campaigns about the left. Sheesh, the right has actually made it part of the political process with how they go after Hillary with all those useless committees.
edit on 6-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Wait, wait, wait....what?

I cannot tell which I am most appalled by, the mans STAGGERING ignorance of the facts pertaining to the "importance" of Fox News, or the fact that people used to allow this blathering halfwit to operate on the meat of their brains.

Fox News is not an organisation known for quality journalism. It reports opinion more than facts, and where the facts are present, on those rare occasions where someone in the Fox editors office is feeling sophisticated, those facts are spun to the point of total irrelevance. If Carson genuinely believes that Fox News is all that marks a line between America and Cuba, then he has obviously never visited Cuba, or for that matter, been paying any attention what so ever, to events in his own nation, or the events as they are reported in the news.

Such enormous idiocy on the part of an otherwise qualified individual suggests to me, that either this is a ploy to get the Fox Faithful on board with his candidacy, or that the man has simply lost his mind. No person of significant intelligence would ever trust the word of an organisation as thoroughly corrupt and biased as Fox! Pure, unadulterated madness!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Seriously. Anyone who promotes Fox News as the savior of the country is either bought out by monied interests (namely Rupert Murdoch) or a complete idiot. There is no in between.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I think you're misunderstanding here. Cuba is an Island and a small one at that. What he meant was that without all the hot air, the US would shrink up into an island about the size of Cuba. And that is a big worry! That's why the economics types on CNBC get on the TV and wring their hands in worry over "Deflation"! Whenever we have Deflation, the US shrinks and people drown. And its that "Deflation" that's causing coastal erosion. So we need Fox to keep pumping the hot air to maintain Inflation! A little inflation of course, gotta maintain the balance. When we have too much inflation, everything gets stretched and bridges collapse.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

...you ever performed any kind of surgery...much less brain?

Perhaps, the real question should be...would you let the President of the US do brain surgery on you? Obviously, just because someone is skilled in one area of knowledge, does not mean they are knowledgeable or skilled in other areas! As president, Carson is not going to be performing brain surgery on America. He needs to bring more to the table.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Again, I am not expressing a defense for either in regards personal taste, however in keeping with the spirit of the post and propaganda belching...well I am simply pointing out that this particular poster seems to roll out a multitude of that very thing every day.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Oh Im not taking it personally, just pointing out the flaws in your logic regarding his reliance on right wing propaganda as opposed to your left wing...I subscribe to neither...that way I dont get all worked up into a furry like many people here. I do see the pot calling the kettle black though.
edit on 6-11-2015 by BlueJacket because: structure

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I always love having a fan.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Dr Ben Carson has gone full retard...never go full retard.

6000 years ago, when the world began, the pyramids were constructed purely to store Josephs grain. If you disagree with me that's because Satan has influenced you to think so.

The End

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Again, I am not expressing a defense for either in regards personal taste, however in keeping with the spirit of the post and propaganda belching...well I am simply pointing out that this particular poster seems to roll out a multitude of that very thing every day.

Mostly because Carson just can't stop opening his mouth and either saying crazy things or confirming that he still believes in the crazy things he once said. It's absurd that he can do this and somehow keep leading in the GOP polls and is indicative of just how far the GOP train is rolling off the tracks and into the forest of crazy derp that seems to exist these days. Carson has now become even more of a satirists dream candidate.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Oh Im not taking it personally, just pointing out the flaws in your logic regarding his reliance on right wing propaganda as opposed to your left wing...I subscribe to neither...that way I dont get all worked up into a furry like many people here. I do see the pot calling the kettle black though.

You seem pretty compelled to attack me in this thread today though.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I am happy to be able to assist in elevating your mood my friend. Nothing personal from me, just observing and making a point. I feel every horse in the race is a horrid choice. Just pointing out that propaganda is perpetrated heavily by everyone on both sides of this mockery of governance we refer to as the USA.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Dr Carson is living proof that we are living in a post-racial America!

Rejoice citizens, the day is upon us at last!

Only eight years ago simply disagreeing with President Obama had his detractors instantly branded as racist regardless of the circumstances. Today, anything can (and is) being said about Dr Carson with impunity.

I can see what he is saying, not because I am a Fox fan, but because he makes sense. Every other serious media outlet is in the pocket of the WH.

When the news and media are state controlled, and when the political apparatus of the state are used against government rivals, what then is the difference?

GDP? Obama & Co. are doing their best to level that playing field as we speak.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

So you are saying that Fox News is a reliable sources of information?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I like Ben, I think he has a good heart, and I think he has America best interest at heart. But, I dont think he has what it takes to be President.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

No, they are simply the sole counter-point to the government sanction propaganda we are being fed daily.

Nobody will ever simply "give" you the truth. That will always have to be earned.

It resides somewhere between the lies both sides tell (Fox being one side and all other media being the other).

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I find WAY more truth in what you call "government sanctioned propaganda" than I find in Fox News. All I ever find in Fox News are opinions and facts spun to say the complete opposite of what they are supposed to say. Not that I don't have to wade through propaganda from other outlets, but Fox News is ALL propaganda. Like EVERY article.

Fox News PURPOSELY makes itself the counterpoint to the left, even if that counterpoint is illogical and non-factual. It's absurd.
edit on 6-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join