It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could 5 Year Old Savant Really Be Telepathic?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I read an article today about 5 year old savant, Ramses Sanguine. He has a high functioning form of autism.

Ms. Sanguine (the boy's mother), Ms Sanguino says her son can understand and recite parts of several languages including Greek, Hebrew, Arabic and Japanese.

He can also solve rudimentary algebra problems. He apparently has a knowledge of square roots - and can even draw the entire periodic table.

Ms Sanguino, who is homeschooling Ramses after he kept correcting his teacher, said
"I knew even before he was born he was going to be someone special who would change the world. Even when he was a baby he didn't like toys, he just liked reading. He started reading when he was 12 months old and could even say words in English, Spanish, Greek and some Japanese.When he was 18 months old he knew all the multiplication tables in English and Spanish and had learned the periodic table and all the atomic numbers.I taught him some of the languages but I have no idea how he learned parts of Hindi, Arabic or Hebrew by the time he was three. It may have been through the house computer that is often left on. I put him into a school but it was a nightmare. He was the only child who could read in the class. The teacher liked him at first and called him the little professor. But soon Ramses started correcting her on some of her spelling and maths and the teacher began isolating him from other students.I had to take him out of the school and back home with me. He was too far ahead to learn anything there.He is different and people cannot understand the way he thinks. He is obsessed with numbers and will count everything, houses, books, letters, and he won't move on until he has counted them all."

Apparently Ramses started reciting numbers that his mother had written out of his view. She began posting videos of his ability and it caught the attention of neuroscientist Dr Diane Powell, a former faculty member at Harvard Medical School.

Dr Powell, who trained at John Hopkins University and currently runs a private practice in Medford, Oregon, is now studying Ramses as part a cutting-edge research project into telepathy. She believes that telepathy may represent an alternative method of communication between autistic children and their parents, who "desperately want to communicate with one another, but can't".

In Ramses's case, he has apparently been able to demonstrate a degree of telepathy with Dr Powell during three meetings.She used a random-number generator to pick numbers for Ms Sanguino to write down and think about, before asking Ramses to try and read his mother's mind to guess them. Ramses did this successfully in the meetings, she said.

Ms Sanguino, who works as an artist, says her son has sometimes been able to recite 38 numbers written out of sight. She vows there is no trickery involved in his 'talent', or her home videos.

In another test with Dr Powell, Ramses was able to correctly guess 16 out of 17 numbers hidden out of sight - including one double digit number, according to his mother. She said: "I was amazed when we began testing Ramses. We do have a very close bond which may have something to do with his abilities - but this is beyond anything I would have imagined.I don’t know how to explain it. I hope Dr Powell will eventually be able to give me some answers."

So what does ATS think about all this? Personally, I don't doubt his high intelligence as we have seen this before. I'm not sure about telepathy though. It will be interesting to see more studies, especially if they can be done without the mother present. I'm not sure why, but something kind of irks me about her and the way she is pushing for publicity of his "telepathic" abilities.

That said, I believe it could be possible. There is still much that we do not know about the brain and the full power that it may posses.

Hopefully, the boy will be able to do great things for humanity.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I do believe he is a genius but they shouldn't make bold telepathy claims that could discredit a lot if it's found false.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This child is profoundly aware of everything around him. A true prodical, I wouldn't be surprised if he could see things most of us cannnot, such as energys around things. There's a guy named Adam Mcleod in BC Canada who can see into people and tell them what diseases they have, he began at a young age, i have one of his books in fact at www.dreamhealer.com...
edit on 11/5/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/5/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Wow - fascinating! Thanks for sharing.

All I can think is thank the Lord this child has a mother who clearly is equipped (time, patience, finances, understanding, etc) to raise him. What a unique and wonderful challenge she faces and I'm so thankful for her role in this.

Extraordinary children, rare as they are, are not always so lucky.

I'll be following this family's story as best as I can!

ETA - I can't watch the videos so my comments were made without getting to see what may have been irksome to OP. I totally agree that testing without mom around is important. If she is hoaxing for self-serving purposes, well... That's would be very sad.
edit on 5-11-2015 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Interesting indeed.

I don't know why but i sens deception in her voice.

I would like to see James Randi test this boy.

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I am skeptical about lots of things but I also keep an open mind to any possibility.

It's just hard to believe this case after we've been burned so many times by so called "psychics" or "telepaths".

The mother posting youtube vids is a red flag for me. If I was blessed with a child that had these abilities, I don't think I would be trying to gain any publicity from it. I would seek help privately.

Could she be aiming for some sort of money making venture? Book deal? TV deal? It appears she is a single mother and an artist. Maybe hurting financially?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

You make a good point. One of my kids has an unusually high iq and I'm very protective of him and his privacy. I never discuss his abilities with others (other than this anonymous comment here) and certainly would never post a video of him online "showing off" the things that make him unusual. My kids aren't side shows.

But I know plenty of parents that parade their kids around for their own ego stroking purposes.

Ps - if she is hard up for money and this is totally legit, I'd love to see her try for that $1 million randi prize

edit on 5-11-2015 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

When I see stuff like this, I think about the theory about aliens creating humans. I wonder if our intelligence is governed (limited) using certain DNA programming, and individuals like this have mutations that basically bypass that programming and allow information from the "Source" to flow more freely into them.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Why would you not put this kid on you tube? This kid has the potential to change the world. He is doing things that modern science say should be impossible. His mother is proud of him, and obviously sees the world changing potential this has.

I don't have kids, but if I did, and he was this smart, I would definitely make a couple youtube videos to share with the world rather than hiding his talents from everyone. Who knows, maybe someone sees this kid who can really bring his potential out.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Now here's a Prodigy Child,

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Ive seen to many parents exploit their children for their own self- interest, just like the parents of children who wants their kids to become pro athletes..

Ive looked through his mom clips, and there is a lot of new age stuff in the background, i sense a kid being used for his mom own delusional fantasy of fame and fortune..

Even though he is interesting, he still has to go through puberty, and i bet you those skills arent gonna help with getting a lady..

The end message is, please subscribe to our youtube channel.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker If this is legitimate, this little fella is unreal. I just wish people would anticipate the criticism of the video being a fraud and do all they could to show that it isn't fraudulent. At least scan the room to show no reflective surfaces and such. There are millions of "internet sensation" wannabes that have no problem fabricating fallacies, not saying that this is the case here. JMO.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If this young man is legit, I feel sorry for him. The government will be all over him in a few years.
I hope his mother stays overprotective in that regard.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The kid definitely seems to be intelligent for his age. As for telepathy, I always find a bit of doubt in it because there is a past history of people who like to fake being telepathic. Even so, if the findings are correct, the evidence seems to suggest he has some telepathy. One thing - body language of the mother could be giving the numbers away to the child.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
there's also a link here i recall from 2010

The Psychic Children Of China -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

side note for the sake of interest: Muscle Testing is also interesting. There are some practicioners who use this device you squeeze it and it can decifer if one is telling the truth or lying, simply because your higher mind cannot lie.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

You 'may' find interest in Edgar Cayce who cured 1,000s after getting into a meditative state working through the 'akasha'.

There are many folks on 'The Spectrum' (Autism) who have abilities that may never come forth because instead of being able to develop these 'gifts' many are over medicated and left to chew leather in a corner of some 'center'.

What are the numbers now for births related to Autism? What if---- What if those that are on The Spectrum are actually further advanced than the rest and are here to guide others?
Many claim that it is "Political Correctness" that is ruining the world, ask a person w/Autism if they like Your hat/shirt.

You might also see "Indigo Children" / Starseeds

namaste

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Let me preface by saying a few things. I'm not saying the kid isn't telepathic.

Just a few thoughts on the video:

1) She could have been holding up fingers for all I know
2) There could be a mirror behind her
3) If he's really that smart, she could have had him memorize those numbers
4) He could see the way her arm moved when she wrote the last line

So, remove all of these (and probably other) variables in a lab setting and let's see what he can do.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I one of those weirdos that has always felt telepathy is a natural human ability but has been lost somewhere along the lines. Those real telepaths that show up rarely I think are those that have somehow managed to connect to it again

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Anyone who works at it will sooner or later get an understanding by trial and error how information can be transferred from one mind to another. The more testing and the more variables that influences you put into the theory the closer to objective truth it will evolve into.

How many synchronistic events need to happen to be called a psychic?
Are empaths psychics even if they are not telepathic?
Should quantum field adjusters be called psychics if they manipulate the field so that telepathy become easier for those who are around them?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19997922]JimNasium[/pos

Yes Cayce certainly did a lot of good for many people and have also read many of his accounts. I particularily like that he mentioned 'Russia' being the hope of the world in his future.

There are almost too many accounts of autism and one has to wonder if the effect of many things including vacc's, polution,mercury, dirty contaminated water, pesticides in food are all contributing factors. But to what end i cannot say except it all feels like one big experiment by the insane. I do however see it failing miserably longterm, it seems as though every effort to destroy good always backfires in one way or another. too much negative energy will create imbalance giving way for it's own destruction.

I've also read up on the 'indigo' children. I feel they're just very aware unlike generations prior to them. The veil appears to be lifting somewhat.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join