It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ha ha ha ha the power is mine :D I got a promotion.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Top news for me today I had my monthly supervision then asked into the managers office and all three managers were there and I thought "Oh noes!" anyhow they then continued for 45 mins telling me how great Iam and would I please become an acting team leader.
I couldn't say no really so I said why not
I still get to support for half my shifts so I can do my things with me dudes but the other half I will be running one of the three houses
, they told me Iam really good at helping the new support workers get used to the job and I can now have a mini army of padawan/minions to make me cups of tea whilst I bestow my knowledge upon them lol
Pay rise n all so for once I'm pretty chuffed.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

WooHoo!! Congratulations!!

See? Your minions are excited about the news as well

blend57
edit on 4-11-2015 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Fantastic news mate. Congratulations

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Ahhh HA!!! This is great news BoyMonkey74, it's nice to hear you are getting the recognition you deserve.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Top news for me today I had my monthly supervision then asked into the managers office and all three managers were there and I thought "Oh noes!" anyhow they then continued for 45 mins telling me how great Iam and would I please become an acting team leader.
I still get to support for half my shifts so I can do my things with me dudes but the other half I will be running one of the three houses
, they told me Iam really good at helping the new support workers get used to the job and I can now have a mini army of padawan/minions to make me cups of tea whilst I bestow my knowledge upon them lol

Watch out, as you climb the ladder to the 1% it has been noted that your mindset changes. Appears you are well on your way describing your subordinates as "Minions" like they are an underclass to you now.

Anyways .............. good luck and congratulations

CbG

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

I have to kick arse as well.
We have had a lot of young folk start recently and they just don't get what the responsibilities are in the job (they all think they know it all already after two weeks training lol ah the cockyness and bravado of youth) they will learn and I will rule with an iron fist with a woolly mitten on.

Oooo thinking on I could have them dance and fight to the death for me lol.

Joking aside though it's just about getting the new dudes in the habit of not cutting corners and picking up bad practices from experienced staff.
To hammer it in how important the boundaries and protocols are in the job.
That peoples lives are in their hands.
edit on 4-11-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

I have to kick arse as well.
We have had a lot of young folk start recently and they just don't get what the responsibilities are in the job (they all think they know it all already after two weeks training lol ah the cockyness and bravado of youth) they will learn and I will rule with an iron fist with a woolly mitten on.

Oooo thinking on I could have them dance and fight to the death for me lol.

LOL, like your style

link   
Well done dude, just think what you can do with all those extra peanuts.

link   
At first I was worried they made you a moderator.

And then I thought more about it and laughed until I pee'd myself.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Well done bud, now don't be getting drunk on that power!
Seriously though, I know you care deeply for your service users, and the management ladder in my opinion should always be filled with people who have worked up from the coal face.

I know some support workers who carry much more influence and respect than some qualified social workers.
I've witnessed a few care panels choosing the advice of a support worker over a social worker quite a few times.
You are the guys who actually know your guys.
Your post made me smile, well done, I hope it is the start of future promotions to come...just don't get drunk on the power!

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Good for you. Well done old bean.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Nice one mate

Congratulations!

I don't know what you do but even now I'm imagining you with a hard-hat and a clipboard ruling over the humans in a planet of the apes style class system.

This reminds me of Karl Pilkington's 'Monkey News' where he shares dubious stories of monkies getting up to hi-jinx/gaining employment/doing other overly-anthropomorphized things with a seemingly human slant to their intent.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Congratulations!

The field can be a difficult one but, oh so rewarding in many ways...

BTW: U2U sent

Congrats again!

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Cheerz & keep up the humour!

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Congrats on promotion to Rebel Leader.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Cheerz & keep up the humour!

You speak the truth. Keeping your sense of humor will be a necessity as you move up.

@boymonkey75 - Cheers mate. Welcome to the club.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

2 things:

- You seem to have an engaging personality, and I can completely believe that you would be a nice fit in the role of trainer and team lead.

- The most important concept I ever learned while in the role of a leader:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

At first I was worried they made you a moderator.

And then I thought more about it and laughed until I pee'd myself.

It's funny how ATS gets inside your head as that was my first thought!

It never occured to me that this would be a real life event.

I just went straight to boy monkey the Mod and thinking "hell yeah this is gonna get interesting"

Also what kind of avatar am I giong to see with this

edit on 4/11/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Also what kind of avatar am I giong to see with this

His puny Monkey-body grafted to Jesse Ventura's arms.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Well done! I just moved into a new department as a contractor with the company i have been with forr 2 years, so i gdt a work for another 4 months, however it's double my current wage. That is just that standard wage they pay in the department , which makss me a little frustrated at my levdl of pay before.

Heyho! Newer car in March.

Congratulations, and i hope it only keeps going up!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join