It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US State Department can’t answer for its baseless accusations against Russia.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Based upon tentatively speculative conjecture, the probable source was the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights...but not necessarily the only one to this mystery.

Syrian Observatory for Human Rights

When reports of Russian military aviation striking what AFP called a "field hospital" came to light, they were met by immediate skepticism, even by critics of Russia. AFP's article, "13 dead as Russia strike hits Syria field hospital: monitor," reported that:

At least 13 people including medical staff were killed when Russian warplanes struck a field hospital in northwestern Syria, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Wednesday.

Of course the so-called Syrian Observatory for Human Rights is actually a single individual named Rami Abdel Rahman who is admittedly sympathetic to those seeking the division and destruction of Syria. Rami Abdel Rahman is also based in the UK, so is not actually "observing" anything in Syria. He himself has been observed coordinating his activities with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London.

Syrian Hospitals Hit by Russian Airstrikes, Says Medical Group

Russian airstrikes struck nine hospitals in Syria this month, a medical aid group said, killing and injuring tens of staff and civilians.

Russian airstrikes target hospital in al-Latamneh town

Earlier this month, Russian airstrikes forced the only two hospitals operating in southern Aleppo to shut down, leaving thousands without access to medical care, SAMS said.

Human Rights Watch accuses Russia of war crimes in Syria

This was not the first time the Russian forces faced allegations of striking civilians since the start of the bombing campaign. Most recently, the Syrian-American Medical Society said Russian airstrikes hit nine hospitals in Syria this month, killing and wounding tens of staff and civilians.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Lady_Tuatha

I really don't think you should even bring the reporters looks into it, they have no bearing on what was asked.

Why not? Russia Today purposely hires good looking women to distract viewers and gain favour with its audience. "Look at this smart, intelligent, successful, beautiful young women, she's saying something smrt!"

The hot young successful women resign when they don't like spinning propaganda anymore though

I honestly felt like I was watching a SNL skit. I thought it was a mockumentary at first. It's weird enough it's just a couple minutes of the overly-photogenic girl asking the same question again and again. The camera view & resolution, and theme feels like comedy.

It's just weird, its like the US intended to come out looking bad here.

edit on 4-11-2015 by boncho because: formatting

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

Good job on those speaking up and asking for accountability to the claims against Russia.

You mean, good job Russia...?

He could have at least said, I`m not aware of the exact location (if true), rather than play it like its classified info.

Maybe they are military hospitals... [military being the resistance fighters/rebels, which should be reminded existed before ISIS did.]

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

her looks should not have affected the answers given to such a degree (she also asked the woman to elaborate)
and if her looks did affect his response..... well good to know we have such professionals representing the state department

very simple questions and they were not answered
she even provided evidence that the claims they were making could be false again asking for some amount of evidence
not a shred was given

completely ignoring the reporter
you dont find it extremely suspicious that they would make such serious claims with absolutely no supporting evidence? not even a name or location for the hospital?

some # for brains at the state department is likely trapped in the time spiders web somewhere before the 90s and forgot that damn near anybody could verify these claims with a few clicks
and before anybody could slap him on the wrist and tell him to go sit in his office and play solitaire
the announcement was made
the damage was done
and attempts are made to justify it
then sweep it under the rug

and this is probably the last well hear of it (other than a murmur or two for a few weeks)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: fartlordsupreme

Yeah not really seeing any thing on the Fox News app on it. I don't think anyone is really buying it, so it's not catching in MSM so I doubt any common person is going to know about it long enough to have any effect.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The US government and western media are at full throttle with their demonization of Russia. Washington is angry because Russia is destroying ISIS, the group that Washington and Tel Aviv supports.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

it's like..."here...this is the truth...print that...don't ask any questions".

It would really be that easy...just name the f******g hospital you p***. If it's there and bombed...then you stand vindicated, if not...you're a damn liar.

HAve you considered that maybe they are just saying what they are saying to make people think they know something they dont?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
When will they learn, that they can no longer make up crap? It might of worked a few decades ago. Back in the day of little communication and no way to fact check, but not anymore.

We wont even tolerate that flimsy of proof on ATS for just minor stuff. Pictures or I dont believe it.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

I really don't think you should even bring the reporters looks into it, they have no bearing on what was asked.

Why not? Russia Today purposely hires good looking women to distract viewers and gain favour with its audience. "Look at this smart, intelligent, successful, beautiful young women, she's saying something smrt!"

The hot young successful women resign when they don't like spinning propaganda anymore though

I honestly felt like I was watching a SNL skit. I thought it was a mockumentary at first. It's weird enough it's just a couple minutes of the overly-photogenic girl asking the same question again and again. The camera view & resolution, and theme feels like comedy.

Take the looks out of it then and read the words minus any "overly-photogenic girl". Maybe then you can see the seriousness of the situation instead of mocking the "same question again and again"

My unprofessional (please forgive typo's, misspellings and name errors) transcription of OP's video:

RT female reporter: This morning RT interviewed the director of operations of the international committee of the Red Cross, Dominique Stillheart. And we asked him about allegations that Russia bombed hospitals in Syria and he said that Red Cross personnel on the ground in Syria uh have not reported any such incidents. Du you have any evidence that Russia bombed hospitals in Syria?

Matt - WH - We have seen uh some press reporting to that end. We have seen uhm some uh Syrian civil society groups uh say that. uhm And I would tell you that we have other operational information that lead us to believe that uhh that Russian targeting has not only not been focused on ISIL but has in fact caused collateral damage uhm and some civilian casualties uhm ah to include some civil infrastructure uhm and so yes, we've seen some information that would lead us to believe that uh, Russia...Russian military air craft did hit a hospital.

RT female reporter: Can you share evidence of that? Those are very serious allegations, reports are not enough are they? There...there's...can you offer something more solid than reports?

He: No... I think I just did....I think I just did. I said we have...we have operational reporting that would lead us to believe that that's the case.

She: Can you share that?

He: No, I'm not going to talk about... I'm not gonna share intelligence and operational information here from this podium. You asked me a very direct question I gave a you a direct answer. We have reason to believe that that happened.

Same female reporter asking female WH employee:

Can you really offer no details on the hospital that the US accuses Russia of hitting?

her: We're gonna stand by Mr. Curveys words.

Rptr: You're not even going to say where, where it is, that hospital that you are saying Russia hit?

her: What we are saying is that we have seen information that Russia is targeting civilian infrastructure. Uhm, and we would point you to Syrian NGO's on the ground as well as open source reporting on that.

Rptr: He spoke about.....he spoke about a specific hospital in Syria. Where exactly is it...what details can you offer about that hospital?

Her: Again, I'm not gonna get into the sort of detail of operational assessment for this, maybe you should speak to the Russians on their target.

Another reporter, male: Clearly, either she or her colleagues have spoken to the Russians about it and they say that you're wrong...okay? Isn't it incumbent on you to come up with some... I mean even a location? It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult or violate any kind of intelligence uhh intelligence thing to...intelligence uhh sources and methods, to say where exactly it is that you're, that you're talking about when you..when you make the accusation. Uhm, that's the first thing. And then the second thing is you just expanded it quite broadly to say not just hospitals. You said that the Russians are actually targeting civilian infrastructure.

Her: Correction, thank you Matt, actually that Russians have hit, I'm...thank you for the verification. No, they've hit and I appreciate that.

Matt: Are they target...so you're..you're okay, so they're not targeting civilian infrastructure?

her: No and thank you for that.

RT female reporter (same as above): Uh ma'am uh... well details are especially relevant. This morning uh the Russian Defense Ministry has released images and video of the hospital in SARMEEN(sp?) uhm which was allegedly hit by..by Russia and the, this images uh they show the building of the hospital which doesn't look like it was recently bombed. I printed them out just in case you haven't seen them. I can...I can show them. Can you see why it's important for the US to show it's evidence of the alleged destruction of a hospital by Russia?

Her: How about this. I'll take your question. If there's information we can share, We'll get back to you. Okay.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Wow.... Just wow

I have maps of the hospital still standing of the U.S. Accusation that are bombed, my favorite part
edit on 4-11-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

It looks even more ridiculous when written down
Really.. Just -

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The woman printed out evidence that states otherwise. And the topic was changed immediately afterwards towards the end. Just wanted to note that observation. The rest of the video is a dead give away.

Something is not right in Kansas...

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yes, giving the location of said hospital reveals no means nor method of intelligence assessment or operations period, end of story, so quit using the same lame excuse every time you are caught with your pants on fire!

The BS coming out of our government the last many years is so ridiculous at times that I feel like I must be on some bad psychoactive substance trip. Not to say that other governments don't come up and out with equally rank BS.

And what is with all the hospitals supposedly bombed? You would think Russia is running a campaign on hospitals if you believed the stories media spouts. Now, I will say that in one post above the hospital mentioned was a FIELD HOSPITAL, not an urban brick and mortar hospital. So, if you bomb a rebel position or their operational HQ, there is a good chance a tent based field hospital could have sustained a hit. That is not anywhere near the same thing as hitting hospitals as most western people think of one as.

Anyway, my point is that if you have reports from Pluto, it does not reveal anything to say the hospital was located in wherever. More telling is that you can't name a location which tells me you have zero evidence of such a strike.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Interesting, the guy John Kirby the first prevaricator was the spokesmen of the DOD while in the navy just a short while back.

He use to lie and justify Obama’s brain dead policies then.

The new Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter they claim didn’t want a military man in the position of DOD spokesmen so Kirby was supposedly fired so he retired and John Kerry appointed him the state department spokesmen.

Are these people incompetent or just bad liars?

Is Obama deliberately running a strikingly incompetent administration?

I remember the last spokesmen of the secretary of state, Jen Psaki, actually said they needed to get the Arabs better jobs and that would fight ISIS!

Some, at that time, said Ms Psaki must be drinking Saki

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I think the noses of both State Dept reps were growing during that video!

It has been obvious that the Obama Administration is not happy about Russian involvement in Syria. I'm not saying that the Russian government is perfectly sweet & innocent, but I am happy they are doing something about ISIS. If anything, the U.S. gov't has been helping ISIS thrive. Things were getting worse in Syria until Putin sent Russian forces to fight ISIS.

My next statement may be enough for the mods to take notice......if you object, please let me know. I don't mean any disrespect.

Imo it is a possibility there is a connection to Russian involvement in Syria and the downing of the Russian plane in Egypt. There has been much speculation as to whether or not it was caused by technical difficulties or a bomb, and I respect the opinions of those who disagree with me.

But I don't believe in coincidence.

I also believe it is possible that the U.S. has been aiding ISIS and may have had a hand in the downing of that plane. Please hear me out on this:

The Obama Administration objected to Russian involvement in Syria. When that didn't work, there came accusations that Russia targeted that hospital and other civilians.

When that accusation fell apart, the plane came down in Egypt.

Don't forget about McCain's statement about providing the "rebels" with the means by which they could shoot down Russian fighter jets. If that material was already provided them, ISIS could have used it for other purposes as well. While it is a given that missiles didn't bring down the Russian jet in Egypt, explosives may have.....material that could have been easily obtained by ISIS.

When that didn't stop Russia, then the "rebels" decided to take people loyal to Assad (mostly women) and put them in cages, to be used as human shields.

I think that the war in Syria has the potential to become world-wide. Obama could do much to diffuse the situation by admitting to being wrong about the hospital.

And if they had anything to do with the downed plane......well, I'm not sure what to say. Putin will not stay quiet much longer if it is proven that was a deliberate act. So far, imo, that's the way it looks. We are in deep trouble.
edit on 4-11-2015 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
So lets sum this up... Red Cross workers in the area report no such strikes on hospitals... Russia does their research and find many of the hospitals they were said to have struck don't even exist. Russia also provides satellite imagery showing undamaged hospital they supposedly struck. The only "evidence" we have suggesting Russia did strike hospitals are unsubstantiated media reports and bumbling fools like the one in the OP's video who claims to have classified operational data. This whole situation is becoming absolutely laughable.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Lmao, maybe those officials wouldn't look so silly if the US wasn't so totally incompetent and obsessed with destroying the Assad regime, they wouldn't have to get themselves tangled up in a web of lies. It's their own fault, if they don't want to look like an idiot in front of the world they shouldn't do idiotic things. I love how you've tried to turn this back around on the girl and make it about her looks... you truly cannot do any better than that? Come on US cheerleaders I was expecting a bit more from you...
edit on 4/11/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

edit on 4-11-2015 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
Half the Sh** Russia pulls on us. Is, less than half the Sh** we pull on ourselves. Communist Russia thought, thought they knew "it all", before NAZI Germany. The US. .., Thought they had a grip, before the Commies and NAZI Vermany. ...history, repeats itself. Don't get bent you may have to bleed, in your lifetime.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

Lmao, maybe those officials wouldn't look so silly if the US wasn't so totally incompetent and obsessed with destroying the Assad regime, they wouldn't have to get themselves tangled up in a web of lies. It's their own fault, if they don't want to look like an idiot in front of the world they shouldn't do idiotic things. I love how you've tried to turn this back around on the girl and make it about her looks... you truly cannot do any better than that? Come on US cheerleaders I was expecting a bit more from you...

State department didn't want to release the Information on field hospital run by the Syrian-American Medical Society (SAMS). This requires the state department to admit that US surgeons are operating in syria. The sams facility was indeed damaged in the air strike along with a school. The trick was the hospital itself was not directly hit Russia is correct on this. However there was damage done to the wall that surrounded the hospital. This is probably the cause of that report and then add on the attack of the field hospital and there we have the source of the mistake.

By the way the image Russia released of the area is not from oct 31 they used an earlier image in an attempt not to show the bombing of the school next to the hospital.

<< 1    3 >>

join