It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPIC Windows 10 Rant - must see

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

My wife recently got a Windows 10 laptop. Now it's a Linux Mint laptop.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
the noob rage overfloweth

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Total ignoramus! I'm not a Microsoft "fan boy" by any means. They've screwed up more times than I can reasonably count. But Windows 10 has gotten a bad rap due to much ignorance from those who have no clue what they're talking about, and probably don't need access to a computer. Yes, Win10 has its issues, just like every other operating system out there. But the bad press is unwarranted, and stems more from ignorance than knowledge or understanding. Flame away.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Microsoft keeps track of every search you punch into the start menu- it sends the data to them, directly, every time you use it. I've personally confirmed this.

Also,
Just for funzies

Would you say disliking this is ignorance, too?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Microsoft keeps track of every search you punch into the start menu- it sends the data to them, directly, every time you use it. I've personally confirmed this.

Also,
Just for funzies

Would you say disliking this is ignorance, too?

So do previous versions of Windows. I've confirmed this. So does Apple/Mac. So does your smartphone. Every app you install on your phone or computer phones home. None of this is new. That's my whole point. Everyone is singling out Microsoft and Windows 10, when it has been common industry wide for many years. I know, because I work in the industry.

I have no problem with people being upset about it. But point the finger at the whole industry. Not just one company, and one operating system.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Fair enough. I misunderstood your argument- it came off as a "sure it steals everything, but who cares" kind of response.

I confirmed windows7 didn't do this before I started using it- but there have been many, many updates since then.

I do feel, however, that we do need to still rant and rave when Microsoft keeps pushing the boundaries of personal invasion given their immense market share.
It is important to note, though, that the computers in our pockets are much bigger offenders.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
What a idiot. All he has to do is remove the update that mentions installing Windows 10. Then there will be no update. I do believe that a person has to request the Windows 10 update, it is not a automatic update.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Remember in the 90s those people who use to say;

"I'm not a computer guy."

They didn't disappear.

Now they have a computer...

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Fair enough. I misunderstood your argument- it came off as a "sure it steals everything, but who cares" kind of response.

I confirmed windows7 didn't do this before I started using it- but there have been many, many updates since then.

I do feel, however, that we do need to still rant and rave when Microsoft keeps pushing the boundaries of personal invasion given their immense market share.
It is important to note, though, that the computers in our pockets are much bigger offenders.

And that's all I'm saying. Don't let the rest of the industry off the hook, when they're all doing the same thing. Win 10 is no worse than it predecessors. In fact, it may be better in some ways, because they made it easier to turn that crap off. A quick google search will give a walk through of how to do it, for anyone concerned enough. Win Vista, 7, and 8 were just more covert about it.

Yes, the computers in our pockets are the best snoops yet. Though the rest of the industry is catching up.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Some people just don't get this brand of humor. Don't take it so seriously. I for one think it's hilarious when people lose their sh*t for a few minutes. I've been there multiple times, usually laughing at myself when I'm finished.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The worst part about all of this is that rebooting shouldn't even need to happen for most of these patches- the whole OS is just so poorly put together that they apparently can't reload modules on the fly.

Agreed. About a year ago I moved up to linux and one of the first things I noticed was not needing to reboot all the time.
And the update system is superb! I have a little icon in the tray, I click it and it shows a list of updates. I click on one and it tells me what its for and what impact it may have on the system.
From the list of updates I can choose those that I may want.

OP: Splendid! LMAO

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

hahahahah reakon hes a little tired maybe

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Okay! Alrighty then! I am impressed. If I didn't want windows 10 before, I sure don't want it now.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

There is a really simple solution for all people getting tired of constant updates.
Turn updating off,bam just solved the whole thread.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

lol

i don't think he wants to keep winding the watch either...

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
>installing Windows 10
>ranting about how egregious the spyware is

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Wow,

I'm sorry that I missed this thread reaching 19 flags while I was at the grind.

It's not an epic rant.

It's the lame cry that characterizes the great number of people that will be left behind and will be only further confounded as things progress.

I never thought I'd see the day when a Linux desktop such as Gnome or KDE would provide a sort of xanax for these sorts of people but here it is. "In The Flesh", so to speak. Thank God for Torvalds.

Anyway, Member Lysergic nailed it early on.

If it freaks you out that much don't install it.

edit on 4-11-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hahahahahahaha...Windows 10 pretty much is screwed.The guy went on a crazy rant....No way in the world people will put up with that Windows 10 BS and companies will get fed up with it.
If this is all true Windows 10 is done for and they will fix it.I'm gonna wait until I am forced to use Windows 10 anyways.
edit on 4-11-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

This article by Forbes seems to confirm this is real..www.forbes.com...
edit on 4-11-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Windows 10 is a resource hog. Looks great organized, but slows even a good computer down.

Linux all the way.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

that has to be the best rant ever...priceless!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join