It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia sees need for more military cooperation with US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So, Russia the nation that some on capital hill are screaming needs to be 'punished' for intervening in Syria comes out with this;

Earlier on Friday, U.S. officials disclosed plans to station dozens of special forces troops as advisers in Syria to help in the fight against Islamic State militants.

"I am sure that neither the United States nor Russia want (the conflict) to become a so-called proxy war," Lavrov told reporters after multi-lateral talks on the Syrian crisis in Vienna.

Russia's foreign minister Mr Lavrov clearly showing once again that Russia wants to work with the USA to avoid confrontation. This seems to be the face of a new Russia, one that wants to become part of a world police squad, not challenging America's authority, but wishing to form a team with them.

www.reuters.com...

It appears that hard headed war mongers in Washington might be listening too - even Iran is making concessions to try and help end this war.

In a rare hint of diplomatic progress, Tehran signaled it would back a six-month political transition period in Syria followed by elections to decide Assad's fate, although his foes rejected the proposal as a trick to keep the president in power.

In addition to Assad's fate, on which delegates said no breakthrough had been expected, sticking points have long included the question of which rebel groups should be considered terrorists and who should be involved in the political process.

In Washington, U.S. officials said the small special forces contingent in Syria would work with local "moderate rebel" groups to fight against Islamic State, also known as ISIS or ISIL, and that it should not be considered a combat mission.

"The president has been quite clear that there is no military solution to the problems that are plaguing Iraq and Syria. There is a diplomatic one," White House spokesman

www.reuters.com...

Russia has taken the lead in shoring up the legitimate government of the nation, but has not once ever said that it intends to Assad to remain in power. It is fighting a simplistic war - Anyone opposed to the government and fighting against it's troops is an enemy and therefore has to be defeated. The USA policy has been one of absolute chaos and carnage - give weapons to anyone who opposes Assad and hope that he will be toppled, giving birth to ISIS in the process.

Hopefully the USA govt can overcome it's top dog pride and accept some sort of compromise on this situation. Everyone wants the war to end. People are agreeing that Assad needs to go. The sticking point is around how he goes.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Everyone wants the war to end.

Doubtful. Big bucks are made directly from war. Power struggles and chest thumping not withstanding.

This area has been waring since the dawn of mankind. While I absolutely want no more war ANYWHERE, that will never happen.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If they would just tag team ISIS, this conflict would be over in days. It took what? A couple days to dismantle Iraq's military. Twice. In the words of Shia Labouef, "Just do it!"

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
If they would just tag team ISIS, this conflict would be over in days. It took what? A couple days to dismantle Iraq's military. Twice. In the words of Shia Labouef, "Just do it!"

Yep, my vision for the world if I were president of the USA would be firmly with Russia as a friend and an ally. There are many nations out there that threaten world peace, and two nations agreeing instead of constantly opposing would benefit everyone on the planet.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Everyone wants the war to end.

Doubtful. Big bucks are made directly from war. Power struggles and chest thumping not withstanding.

This area has been waring since the dawn of mankind. While I absolutely want no more war ANYWHERE, that will never happen.

This meme kinda of says it all really

There are plenty of wars that need to be fought to save nations. America and Russia could team up and help the planet for once. I see it as an alliance that would help both nations grow in terms of maturity.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I guarantee there is a payoff somewhere towards certain people in high positions at play here.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Maybe this is just russia saying 'look were not the bad guys' knowing full well the usa are never going to team up to fight with them in this war..
More bs I'm afraid...

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Honest quesion here, wherent bush jr and putin kinda friendly which each other when bush was president, i seem to recall those days where russia and the usa seemed to get closer and friendlier.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Yea and then Crimea happened and everyone got mad and forgot about our Iraq the UN didn't approve and we didn't have ethnics in. Then the old red scare came back haha.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Hopefully the USA govt can overcome it's top dog pride and accept some sort of compromise on this situation. Everyone wants the war to end. People are agreeing that Assad needs to go. The sticking point is around how he goes.

US will not rescind. The meetings in Vienna bear that out. US is pissed the Russians are "interfering" in their game. The Russians are bombing round the clock before US boots on ground arrive to act as human shields. The set back for "Regime Change" is enormous. The danger of open conflict between Russian and the US increases if US troops link up with the "good terrorists".

Assad isn't going anywhere.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The way I see it, American arrogance in endangering the peace of the entire world.

And I am not impressed.

Why should we care who runs Syria? Isn't that something for the people of Syria to decide?
edit on 30-10-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
And the US government will be solely responsible if it's troops/citizens come back in body bags.
they are an invading force by international law.
They have no right or reason to be there across the world, ISIS is a local problem currently being dealt with successfully by local countries.

Shows complete contempt towards international and domestic law, total lack of concern for American lives.

IMO American Spec ops are operating in the wrong country to fight terrorism.
edit on 30-10-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
And the US government will be solely responsible if it's troops/citizens come back in body bags.
they are an invading force by international law.

The bit that bothers me more than that is the killing and displacement of the Syrian civilian population. America started that by giving arms to the wrong rebels who then formed ISIS.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

The US doesn't support Assad - Russia does.
The US is attacking ISIS - Russia is attacking FSA and calling them ISIS.

What is there to work together on?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Real truth and not western propaganda:

The US doesn't support the official government in Syria because they are not a puppet government - Russia does.
The US is arming and training ISIS - Russia is not.

What is there to work together on, i agree.

Fun fact: Russia has had more success in bombing ISIS in a month, than the US in a year. What's the deal with that?
edit on 31-10-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Not really no. If we were to use your logic the US would have removed Assad decades ago and replaced him with someone who would listen to the west. Although its always hilarious to watch you guys try to blame the Us using conspiracy theories.

Fact - Russia has not had more success in bombing ISIS. As has been stated time and again, which you and others intentionally ignore, Russia is lumping all groups not supporting Assad as ISIS/terrorist groups. Remove the rebel count and you get a completely different and lower number.

The Russian Federation doesn't support the official government in Ukraine because they are not a puppet of the Russian government.

I fixed your comments.. See how that double standard works?
edit on 31-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

The way I see it, American arrogance in endangering the peace of the entire world.

And I am not impressed.

Me neither, I agree.

Why should we care who runs Syria? Isn't that something for the people of Syria to decide?

Why do you keep repeating this in your threads, then?

People are agreeing that Assad needs to go. The sticking point is around how he goes.

The west is the only ones chanting that Mantra. Regime change, decapitating a government and replacing it with one we want. Its the crux of the matter, was also used in Iraq, Libya, Kosovo, and Egypt.

Stupidist goddamn line I keep hearing in the news. Excise it. He is the rightful leader of a Sovereign nation, nobody has the right to tell him to do anything.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Actually no one is talking about regime change. The calls have been targeted solely at Assad and not the rest of the government.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The US doesn't support Assad - Russia does.
The US is attacking ISIS - Russia is attacking FSA and calling them ISIS.

What is there to work together on?

As ususal, twister.

Russia is defending Syria. You call them whatever you want, US is promoting Terrorism in Syria, by your own words.

That makes you a terrorist.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Actually no one is talking about regime change.

Liar, thats all they talk about in the Main Stream. Do you work for them, too?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join