It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most absurd/compelling conspiracy theories

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Recently I've stumbled into several different people who follow some very compelling, and some very absurd(IMHO) conspiracy theories. I wanted to discuss some of these and possibly bring to light some that I haven't heard of.

First and foremost though, I'd like this post to be more of a collaboration than anything. Feel free to dig around and find some odd or intriguing theories of your own...I am by no means limiting it to the ones that I myself will post.

Also, please remember the majority of us here already know about reptillians, DUMBs, NASA faking the moon landing, etc etc. I want to dig deep into the rabbit hole here guys...pull out some of the stuff that isn't so common.

To begin, one of the more plausible and compelling conspiracy theories I can remember involves none other than Mr. Richard Nixon....

Full version
Short version: In 1968, the Nixon campaign sabotaged the Vietnam peace movements in order to secure a presidential seat.

And I think the most absurd conspiracy theory I have heard to date has to be the one about Israel selling young palestinian schoolgirls bubble-gum containing progesterone. full version

Short version: Packets of bubble gum are spiked with progesterone by Israel in order to not only make young palestinian schoolgirls sexually promiscuous, but also infertile. It is also said to completely debilitate young boys reproductive systems as well.

I also really like the Keanu Reeves is immortal theory....

A2D

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
neat thread, s+f

i'm interested to see what comes out of the woodwork.

didn't know about the keanu reeves is immortal one, pretty cool! xD

"Money is the last thing I think about. I could live on what I have already made for the next few centuries". -Keanu

Weirdest i've ever heard is that the moon doesn't exist and it's just a convincing hologram, placed in the sky to mess with our heads.. never got much traction thankfully..

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The theory I like is that Barack Obama is unrelated to Barack Obama Sr., and that his true biological father is an Indonesian, founder of a cult by the name of Mohammad Subuh Sumohadiwojojo. The woman who follower was in charge of the religion for the area she lived in was the same woman who presented Baracks fake birth cert. Go do an image search for Mohammad Subuh Sumohadiwojojo. Remember the name Soebarka that Stanley ann added to her passport for Baracks name? Mohammad gave all his followers special names. Even Loretta fuddy had a special name from him. He also addressed the United Nations. Very powerful man

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
The theory I like is that Barack Obama is unrelated to Barack Obama Sr., and that his true biological father is an Indonesian, founder of a cult by the name of Mohammad Subuh Sumohadiwojojo. The woman who follower was in charge of the religion for the area she lived in was the same woman who presented Baracks fake birth cert. Go do an image search for Mohammad Subuh Sumohadiwojojo. Remember the name Soebarka that Stanley ann added to her passport for Baracks name? Mohammad gave all his followers special names. Even Loretta fuddy had a special name from him. He also addressed the United Nations. Very powerful man

Ha! On that note, I actually have a personal experience related to the Obama birth certificate controversy. In 2011, The Hawaii Department of Health replied to an open records request I sent them by stating they do not maintain the seal impression on the back of Obama's short form birth certificate. It was photographed by Factcheck.org, in 2008.

I actually sent the agency this particular records request because I noticed that Factcheck.org had captioned a photo of the BACKSIDE of the seal on the document as, "The raised seal." Link to Factcheck's article with the miscaptioned photo.

If Factcheck had captioned a photograph of the front of the seal, it would have been obvious to everyone that the seal is NOT raised. It's a lowered impression. Link to a photo of the front of the seal -- it is a lowered impression.

Anyway, the Hawaii Department of Health claims the seal photographed by Factcheck.org is not their official seal. The short form birth certificate claimed to be Obama's birth certificate, in 2008, was impressed with a fraudulent authentication device.

Link to Hawaii's Vital Records Regulations. See page 19 for the regulation requiring the official "raised" seal to be used to certify vital records copies.

Afterwards, I sent this information to Factcheck.org and asked that they retract/correct their article on Obama's birth certificate and they never responded. I even sent them a quote from a member of Congress, Arlen Specter, who stated he verified that Obama's birth certificate had the requisite "raised" seal based on Factcheck's miscaptioned photo.

"On June 13, 2008, the Obama campaign released a copy of his birth certificate after numerous claims were made about his eligibility to hold the office of President. The released copy created additional questions, because it contained a blacked out department file number and was apparently missing a seal, and it was impossible to detect raised text, a common characteristic of official documents. There were satisfactory answers to such questions, however: the department file number had been blacked out to prevent hackers from breaking into the Health Department’s system, and the State places the seal on the back of the certificate. The website FACTCHECK.ORG investigated the matter and provided high-resolution photos taken at multiple angles that revealed the raised text and the seal on the back of the document…"
"… Accordingly, it has been concluded that President Obama has met the constitutional qualifications to be President of the United States."

--Arlen Specter

People hate the Obama birth certificate controversy, so all of my effort was for naught. But, if people were willing to consider that what I am saying is true, then they would be amazed at where this info led me.

The birth certificate controversy is just the very tip of the iceberg.

S&Fs

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I like the one about the earth being under a dome.

The Sun Is Not in Outer Space

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I have always thought the Paul McCartney is Dead (since about 1966) conspiracy is the most absurd.

But the sheer amount of crazy theories and evidence put out there to this very day makes it compelling (in an entertaining way).

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
My favourite "absurd" theory is one I've quoted before. It doesn't come from an ATS post, but from a posting elsewhere which was linked in an ATS post.
What makes it a classic is the way it manages to combine several basic theories into a single thread of thought;

They believed (as far as I remember) that the purpose of "chemtrails" is to seed the population with "nanobots", which will then act within people's bodies to build miniature receivers capable of picking up transmissions from "HAARP".

edit on Sat Oct 31 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: edit per OP request

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
But, if people were willing to consider that what I am saying is true, then they would be amazed at where this info led me.

Why should they? It is just a silly conspiracy theory started by people who do not like a black man being the legally elected POTUS!

(post by MotherMayEye removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
"200 Proofs the Erth is not a spinning ball"

www.youtube.com...

Have fun.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: spygeek

The Moon is there. The "holograph" is closer to a greys ale gel to obfuscate it's true color.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Let me start by saying this.. Most ridiculous theories are meant to make reasonable ones look implausible.

Back to the Future Predicts 9/11

This ^^ video makes a mockery of any legitimate research into the lies of 9/11. What kills me, is that my brother, who works tirelessly to debunk most commonly accepted inconsistencies of the 9/11 story, gives credence to this garbage!!!! AHHHHHH It infuriates me.

ALSO! - Gotta add the explanation of how Michael Jordan is somehow Illuminati. Cracks me up every time.

Michael Jordan Illuminati

Most of us @ ATS would watch this video and LAUGH, because it has no basis in any sort of factual reality, but believe me when I say this… THIS IS NOT A JOKE. THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THIS, APPARENTLY, REALLY BELIEVE THIS!

* Me sitting holding my face in disbelief*

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

This is an awesome topic. Thanks for posting it.

My most compelling conspiracy theory has to be JFK. That is the only thing I've ever looked into where the more I learned, the less I knew.

My favorite absurd theory is the hollow earth. I keep up with it to see how much more stuff they squeeze down there: Atlantis, Nazis, Garden of Eden, Heaven, lost tribes of Israel, dinosaurs, aliens, and Amelia Earhart. That's not even the full list.

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Here's one of my own. And if I may say so, I think it's entirely plausible. And maybe even completely obvious and no secret at all.

Soft dictatorship enabled by mental illness propaganda. Any conceivable form of protest can be made to look like some form of mental illness with the right propaganda. Things like political correctness can literally be enforced in this manner and all protest can eventually be eliminated. People already censor themselves for fear of being shown a picture of a tin foil hat. Take that concept and amplify it to the point to where people see real consequences for "improper" speech.

I think the "hate speech" thing ties nicely into this one.

Very simple and very diabolical, IMO.

edit on 31-10-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Let me guess, the "right" side of the political spectrum is free of all of these problems?

The right and the left political parties and philosophies are like hands on a human body, they have different strengths and abilities but they serve the same ends.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The most absurd conspiracy is to make people believe that the Earth is solid. It is actually not. It is hollow with ant ETs living there. They have humans as slaves and sometimes capture surface Earth humans. There is a portal in the middle of Atlantic Ocean as well as North Pole to access the Hollow Earth.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I love when multiple theories are brought together into one big WTF

top topics

<<   2 >>

join