It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Processed meats Rank alongside smoking as causes of Cancer, but is there another agenda?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Ok so i recently came across this article, which outlines the health risks associated with eating red and processed meats. What i found particularly interesting about this article was the particular meat products that it focused on, citing Salami, Ham, and sausages as the main culprits. Predominately Pork based foods.

ARTICLE

Now this is where i went down the rabbit hole a little, we are currently experiencing a huge wave of economic migrants flooding into Europe, predominately muslims with no real intention of assimilation. Within their religion they do not eat pork and find it offensive. The waves of Immigrants are not ending, and Merkel again on Saturday maintained her stance on a full open door policy. I find it strange that suddenly this information about processed meats, particularly pork based meats is carcinogenic has just hit the headlines. My point is this, is this a way for the government to rid the West of Pork based meats to appease the immigrants without causing an uproar within the existing countries?

Over to you guys...
edit on 27-10-2015 by Nustle because: incomplete title

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nustle
My point is this, is this a way for the government to rid the West of Pork based meats to appease the immigrants without causing an uproar within the existing countries?

Over to you guys...

Or maaaaaybe it is just a ploy to replace pork-based meat with the other, other white meat.

Kind of solves two problems at once. Just my theory.

edit on 27-10-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Nustle

The WHO said that processed meats can cause cancer and that also UNPROCESSED red meat could also, to a lesser degree. This is not a conspiracy. It is common sense. People have been trying to cut back on processed meats and red meat for years. It did not say that pork was worse than any other.

*Warning PDF * WHO report
edit on 27-10-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Obvious nonsense. Bacon is life.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

lol. I do LOVE bacon bits in my salad.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Almost everything can cause cancer if over-consumed. foods that stop apoptosis can lead to cancer. I wouldn't worry about a eating occasional processed foods, but remember, nitrites and sulfites can cause many problems in the body if proper amounts of enzymes needed to detox them are not present.

I do not think this is related to the immigrants, they have known of this for a long time. This is just showing new proof has emerged to reinforce the connection of highly processed foods to cancer.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Relder i am actually vegan, so understand and am fully aware with the issues of meat consumption. However, whilst I agree that it doesn't specifically say that one meat is worse than another, i was simply analysing the frequency of certain words used within the article, for instance:

SUB TITLE:
"UN health body says bacon, sausages and ham among most carcinogenic substances along with cigarettes, alcohol, asbestos and arsenic"

WORDING UNDER FIRST PICTURE
"salami, Parma Ham and chorizo have cancer risks, according to WHO"

"Bacon, ham and sausages rank alongside cigarettes as a major cause of cancer"

"But the writing has been on the wall for ham, bacon and sausages for several years."

"It advises eating products such as ham, bacon and salami as little as possible"

Note the repeated use of the words sausage, bacon, and so forth, all pork base. The above all come before any mention of other meats specifically, instead it uses broad statements such as red meats, or processed, but it chooses to label Sausages, bacon and ham as leading proponents, or so this article would lead you to believe.

edit on 27-10-2015 by Nustle because: Incorrect selling of name

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Good, I hope everyone listens to this and stops eating meat, because it means more meat for me and by god if I'm gonna die, and I'm gonna, then you can take my meat when you can prise it from my cold dead teeth.

Same goes with my beer.

I would posit that voting in political elections is more dangerous to ones health than meat eating.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
they've been saying that smoked and barbecued meats cause cancer for quite a few years now, swimming in clorinated pools ain't that healthy either. heck I learned why I was a kid that the ink the US dollars bills could cause it!
I kept on telling people when they started ragging on the cigarettes that it wouldn't stop there.
I would guess it has nothing to do with making the immigrants feel more comfortable in their new homes and everything to do with the fact that the healthcare systems are becoming more and more expensive and more and more people are seeing the healthcare expense of their neighbor as their expense also and think they can start dictating their diets, excercise routines, and bad habits.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I live on cured meats, saturated fats and salt added products.

Cancer it is then.

But wait - we're all going to get some form of cancer or die on some horrible way so why not just enjoy life?

There must be something in it. Our media is controlled. These food distributors contribute to our economy greatly. Something smells fishy about today's moral panic.

Give it a week and we'll be talking about something else.

Here's a list of the things that will cause me cancer - All things I enjoy and won't stop in the near future...
Drinking
Smoking
Driving a diesel
Red meat
Processed meat
Processed food
GM foods
Junk foods
Sun bathing
Swimming in the polluted seas

Why? Because no matter how healthy you are something will happen. It's pointless blaming all these little things around us. By the time we've worried about getting cancer we'll be dying through some reason or another - regretting we've spent all our lives worrying about cancer.

I've been off carbs, processed food, avoided sugar etc etc but it's all BS.

Get out there, live life - and f**k the doom lovers who want you scared!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

if enough people stop buying it, maybe the price of hamburg will come down to the point that it's not so painful to buy!!!
god, my grocery bill is killing me, not to mention forcing me to serve smoked sausage (only .99 a lb or maybe it's a little less than a lb.) two to three times a week!)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nustle
a reply to: reldra

Relder i am actually vegan, so understand and am fully aware with the issues of meat consumption. However, whilst I agree that it doesn't specifically say that one meat is worse than another, i was simply analysing the frequency of certain words used within the article, for instance:

SUB TITLE:
"UN health body says bacon, sausages and ham among most carcinogenic substances along with cigarettes, alcohol, asbestos and arsenic"

WORDING UNDER FIRST PICTURE
"salami, Parma Ham and chorizo have cancer risks, according to WHO"

"Bacon, ham and sausages rank alongside cigarettes as a major cause of cancer"

"But the writing has been on the wall for ham, bacon and sausages for several years."

"It advises eating products such as ham, bacon and salami as little as possible"

Note the repeated use of the words sausage, bacon, and so forth, all pork base. The above all come before any mention of other meats specifically, instead it uses broad statements such as red meats, or processed, but it chooses to label Sausages, bacon and ham as leading proponents, or so this article would lead you to believe.

The article focuses on those items because they are widely recognizable and more importantly processed. The issue here is 'processed' meats.

On another note, sausages are not primarily pork based. The majority of sausages I buy are either beef or venison.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263
you forgot the big one...
fukashima (or however you spell it) radiation, which well, haven't seen the gov't issue any warnings really about that one although it seems to be killing every living thing in the pacific ocean by what I read.
but heck, looking at the bright side, at least for the gov't and tepco, by the time the cancers pop up, they will have pointed out enough cancer causing things that are so common in all of our environments to blame them on, tepco will get to walk away free from any responsibility.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I'm not gonna lie but I had the same thought yesterday when i read the News Article and then i thought.... what next? Always something coming along which is bad for you.... in a few Months time, they'll change their mind and say it's actually good for you.

If we kept listening to what the experts say, we wouldn't be eating or drinking anything.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Good luck with your buttholes meat lovers!

I highly doubt there is ANY conspiracy regarding this.

Not eating meat with a balanced plant based diet has proven to be very healthy.

But it's a study focused on processed meats. Like salami or bologna (ball-own-y). The brand name crap that doesn't come from a chacutarie (specialty meats store) are quite obviously crap. If you can't pronounce the name of an ingredient or know what it is, it probably shouldn't be ingested, as it is only food substance... Not real food.

Eating healthy is also much more affordable, for the most part. It does require time to prep meals though.

3 good reasons to not eat as much or any meat and instead focus on a plant based diet:

1. Personal health
2. Good for our environment
3. Animal rights. I'm not against hunting or eating meat, but I dare anyone to eat a chicken mcnugget in a big business chicken coup and not throw up. And, go back for seconds. If you can, well, good for you... Have another piece of chicken slurry.

So for all of you who are literally butthurt over this news, maybe get off your butts and do some healthy home cooking for a change? Your taste buds and anal sphincter will thank you!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Adolf Hitler was against eating meat, for the load to the ecological system this creates, since producing meat requires more energy than eating it gives. For feeding masses, it is both ecologically as financially dead end.

And the agenda behind this recent sudden carcnigenetics of meat ... most likely has the same arguments behind as RF Adolf had.

Nothing wrong as such.

edit on 27-10-2015 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Most things in this world will give us cancer more or less.
But I am willing to get a little bit of cancer if that means I can keep eating my baiiicooorn

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I f the reason they are currently saying processed meats are bad is a big conspiracy just to appease the immigrants who are against eating pork, what was the reason over the past few decades for saying the same thing about processed meats?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

It isn't nearly the meat as much as the nitrites...wth...nitrites sodium erythobate (sp) this is why there are more and more uncured meats available.

Big food, big ag, big pharma. ..these are the primary contributors to chronic illness.
edit on 27-10-2015 by BlueJacket because: sp

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I think it is psychological frontwork for Climate Change, Carbon Credits, and basically a push to further implement Agenda 21. Notice how they compared eating meat to smoking cigarettes?

We can see in the name of health how cigarettes were cracked down on?

Anyhow, many articles on where I am coming from. I will just leave one for you to peruse.

The Triple Whopper Environmental Impact of Global Meat Production

Just my guess on the whole situation......

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join