It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex-change woman sent to all-male prison - Bristol, UK

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
I wonder if he hits like a girl?

Probably not.

Before I get jumped on...

I made a sexist remark. Obviously, there are women who can hit hard, "real" men who can't and vice versa.

After seeing "his" picture, I take back my original assesment. He would get torn apart in a male prison.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

It used to be that a sentence of under five years could be less than a third of that in practice. This would include pleading guilty and behaving well inside. With crowding in prisons, there was an additional 18 days (iirc) taken off too.

So the actual sentence of 12 weeks could amount to less than four weeks.

Have we any extra details on severity of the assault? It's usually a matter of fact that a one-off street assault earns little more than reparations, a fine and maybe community service. If the Magistrate was able to justify a custodial sentence, there's a chance this person has previous in the area of violence.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I do bet a few people there thought they where seeing things when they walked he/she in to the jail. With 34EE there is not much you can do to hide them.

I also wonder what the assault charges where for, you know the details on what happened. Assault is a pretty broad term when it comes to the different degrees you can see from it.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is very cruel. Assaulting someone should not be punished by getting raped. The crime does not fit the punishment.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
At least she'll find out what she's been missing.
edit on 26-10-2015 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Agreed, we are probably only talking a few weeks at most, and I don't disagree with the custodial in itself, just the choice of prison accommodation.

Poor reporting from all the local rags though, all of the details are public information and I would assume a local hack was in the public gallery. I would get the case details if they didn't cost so much, crap reporting to be honest, not a single detail anywhere of who was the victim, weapons used, nothing, and all of it could have been written down from the public gallery.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
From the article:

Tara's mother said that her daughter still had the vestige remains of a penis, despite having 34EE breasts.

She said the hormone treatment had shrunken Tara's 'manhood' and she was due to have it removed 'at some point' and was still taking hormone treatment she has been receiving for some years.

He still has his John Thomas, he is where he belongs. He committed assault on another person.

British courts don't just send people to prison, the assault must have been bad, or one in a long line of assaults for that to have happened.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
If this dude was sent to a womens prison and then killed someone the judge would be responsible and since her charge was violence then it makes much sense to put the guy in with the guys because even though he wants to be known as a woman god gave her dude strength and mentality.

Are you thinking straight man? What are the chances of her killing someone to her getting raped or beat up in prison?

She is probably stronger than most woman. However she doesn't have a reason to beat someone up or kill someone in prison. She is not doing a life-sentence here and probably wants to get out as fast as possible.

Men in prison have reasons to beat or rape her.

If one goes to jail for drug possession, should they be put in jail with all killers serving life-sentences? People should have a punishment that fits their crime.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Yeah, you're right about the details. The singular fact that they are intermediate in gender is the one thing that makes it newsworthy. If they've got form for beating the crap out of people, the gender-issue would be diluted and the story less appealing. Maybe the local media just omitted the details for those reasons?

They might have the muscle-mass of a bloke and a tendency to be fighting skinny girls in Friday night bars? Who's to say?

I still agree sending them to a Cat-B prison for blokes is the wrong decision....pending details etc.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Yeah I made the correction and edited a few times already in the thread, cheers though.
If you still think the person in the OP picture should go to a male prison wing then okay, but I am not so convinced.
...and we don't know the details of the assault either due to crap reporting by the local rags. That doesn't help.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

originally posted by: deadeyedick
If this dude was sent to a womens prison and then killed someone the judge would be responsible and since her charge was violence then it makes much sense to put the guy in with the guys because even though he wants to be known as a woman god gave her dude strength and mentality.

Are you thinking straight man? What are the chances of her killing someone to her getting raped or beat up in prison?

She is probably stronger than most woman. However she doesn't have a reason to beat someone up or kill someone in prison. She is not doing a life-sentence here and probably wants to get out as fast as possible.

Men in prison have reasons to beat or rape her.

If one goes to jail for drug possession, should they be put in jail with all killers serving life-sentences? People should have a punishment that fits their crime.

It is quite simple that a person convicted of violence will likely strike again. As a judge one has to take this into account.

Even if the boygirl did not kill even giving someone else a beating would reflect on the judge.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Not that my 2 cents amounts to much on the topic....

I'm posting under the assumption she "identifies" herself as female ? As in she, finds herself attracted to men, and not to other women ? I'm asking because it does weigh on my opinion.

If she, "identifies" as a women, is sexually active or sexually interested in men. Then she should be housed/jailed with other female inmates. To do otherwise strikes me as exceptionally cruel. Because lets be honest, she might not survive her first communal shower.

I don't believe misdemeanor assault constitutes a death sentence. Or in atleast, it shouldn't.

Now, turns out she has "vestiges of a penis." Lets be honest, that's not going to matter to anyone standing around her on that first day I the shower is it ?

So we need to ask, does she pose a physical or sexual threat to female inmates ?

If not, truly not... Then housing her in with females would be the best option ; No threat to them and minimizes the threat of physical violence against her.

Kind of a %^%&ed up situation all around, but something could be done to mitigate it.
edit on 26-10-2015 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

He's still a guy.

Paying someone to mutilate your reproductive organs and eating a fistful of pills a day will never change that, no matter how many time you lie to yourself and the public.

Well Doctors and mental health experts dissagree with you. I htink they have more education and experience on this instead of a biased opinion. Im sensing someone liked a chick who wasnt a chick perhaps and are projecting a bit maybe?
ALso We all start out as female in the womb,so in actualiity MALES are the freaks.(no offense to males intended btw)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The posts on this thread are making me sick. As someone who identities with being in the wrong gender, I am a dainty guy. It can't hold my own in a fight. If I was put in a male prison I would be raped and killed. Simple as that. Those of you suggesting this is an appropriate punishment for ANY crime are insane.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well maybe there should be own prison for those whom think they are born in wrong body or something, or why should there be, there are other ppl whom are even weaker and have to go where they are send when they did the crime and some of them got raped, killed etc. I also do not think that one that is born man but looks like woman now should be send to woman prison or other way around.. Maybe the old saying is on the spot, dont do the crime if cannot do the time.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Just goes to show how monumentally stupid it is to think that surgey and hormone therapy can change your gender. Did he ever stop to wonder what would happen to him if he committed a crime? Was he really so naive that he though he would be treated like some kind of a princess?

Male criminals go to male prisons. This criminal happens to be a male. Its all his own fault.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

It was assault in a bar. How does it reflect on the judge if the boygirl is raped and beaten in prison?

Take this case for example : Transgender Cites Attacks and Abuse in Prison

A first-time inmate at 33 whose major offense was burglary, Ms. Diamond was sent to a series of high-security lockups for violent male prisoners. She has been raped at least seven times by inmates, her lawsuit asserts, with a detailed accounting of each. She has been mocked by prison officials as a “he-she thing” and thrown into solitary confinement for “pretending to be a woman.”

Should the woman of this thread be possibly treated like Ms. Diamond because a Judge wants to play it safe for him or herself?

It's a matter of right and wrong. I don't see how people could think she deserves rape for committing assault.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I don't feel sorry for this person. He is a criminal and maybe they should have thought of that before assaulting someone. What are we worried about exactly? People get raped in prison all the time. I recommend avoiding these places.

Rape is not cool.

Be it out in the free world or in prison.

Be it a man , woman or in between.

Sorry but your post disgusting. It should NEVER be accepted as just the "norm" for whoever it is.

edit on 26-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

State mandated rape and torture. Freakin' scary what they just did.

I've been studying the interwar period of the world wars and Nazi camps. They had the same mentality of taking LGBT prisoners and ensuring they would receive sexual violence and usually die in the most horrendous ways possible.

I thought we were supposed to learn from history, not take pointers from the villains.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomy327

Honestly what would you want a judge to do if this happened to you.

Let us assume that you were charged with harming another human physically.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join