It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cops run over German shepard backs up runs over her again then gets out and shoots it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Look like Canadian cops are just as bad as cops in the USA. This video shows 2 Toronto cops running down a 21 year old German Shepard mix then turning around and running it down again.

They then get out of the car and shoot it. The mostly deaf dog had gotten out during a storm and was just wandering when the 2 cops apparently feared for their lives (from inside their patrol car) and ran it down several times then shot it.

This is just sick, how about you just call animal control and get the dog picked up?

The owner who is rightfully upset said the cops told her that running over the dog and shooting it was proper protocol .

So allright Canadians are you going to do something about this?

Go Royals..
globalnews.ca...

TORONTO — The owner of a dog that was allegedly run over by Ontario Provincial Police officers multiple times and then shot in Collingwood, Ont. Monday says she is “disgusted.”

Karen Sutherland, the owner of the 21-year-old German Shepherd-cattle dog mix named Merrick, told Global News she is still recovering from the incident.

“I’m kind of in shock right now, I’m having a hard time dealing with not only that she’s gone but just the way she went — it’s makes me just feel really, really bad for her,” Sutherland said.

edit on 22-10-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Absolutely disgusting!

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well....to be fair, they thought it was a Coyote, and from the video it appears not to look much like a german shepherd and was stated to be a mix.

I know if I saw a coyote in my neighborhood I would shoot it, then again, I can identify a coyote pretty easily.

Probably the case that the dog was reported as a coyote, the cops did not know what one really looked like, or had an idea and this one looked similar to what they thought, so they killed it.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Wow, they execute dogs worse than they execute people.

Makes sense to them I guess.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

So now you get rid of coyotes by running them down with your cruiser over and over again?

Big difference in a coyote and someones pet. Maybe you should be sure before you effing kill it.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Even more heart rending is the age of the pet-- we're talking 16. That's
over 110 human years old. Were they afraid of being gummed to death??
Oh Canada... you can take it from there.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'm not too surprised the police up north are not much better then we have here in the states. But it is a little surprising to see the growing number of report we've been seeing. I'm betting we'll be seeing a few more reports of police acting this way from Canada in the coming weeks.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

She was actually 21. No way she deserved to die like that...

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

So now you get rid of coyotes by running them down with your cruiser over and over again?

Big difference in a coyote and someones pet. Maybe you should be sure before you effing kill it.

No....I would have made sure what it was and shot it myself had it been a coyote. I am saying I can understand what they did because they thought it was a coyote. From the video, though it was far away, it appeared to be similar to a coyote.

I am not saying that this was OK either, I am just saying that I see how the misunderstanding took place. Someone called in a coyote sighting and this dog looks similar to a coyote.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

In your Original Post:

Karen Sutherland, the owner of the 21-year-old German Shepherd-cattle dog mix named Merrick, told Global News she is still recovering from the incident.

edit on 22-10-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

In your Original Post:

Wow I somehow missed that.. So they ran it over several times and shot it and still didnt kill it? That look even worse.

Eta no the dog is dead the owner is recovering.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Well they had headlights and a bright ass spotlight, so I dont believe for a second they thought it was a coyote.

link   

Wow I somehow missed that.. So they ran it over several times and shot it and still didnt kill it? That look even worse.

Either way it is still really effed up.

link   
That is very disturbing. Someone can deliberately kill an animal like that, without confirmation?? The same as protocol, I believe dictates, that you must confirm target in case of human target, same should be for animals. The method, regardless of confirmation, should not be allowed. Animal rights. This is too brutal.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Yes but it's Canada and bad form to shoot down our streets..waaaaayyy different place, we don't find many answers in a gun..also not policy to run over animals.
This is f@cking bull..poor dog/family member

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
These are the same kind of idiots that save up their money to go to Texas and shoot animals tethered to poles.

Yeehaw, the longer it takes the mow excitn iddiz.

Pull over, pull over, I'm a gonna shootem.

Hang on, Im not done running him over yet.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Eta no the dog is dead the owner is recovering.

That was confusingly written. Very sad that her dog was killed.

link   
Still not a way to euthanize an animal coyote or not, that is inhumane. What a horrid way to go. Poor dog, RIP. Hopefully the owner their humane organizations can come up with a way to have this prevented from happening to another animal not only someone's companion animal, such as education for the officers to repercussion for the action.

link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Yup, pretty sure that's not how they're to use their car. It'll be interesting if they release the sound from the police call in if they did, which they should have if they thought it was a coyote.

Article with picture of dog

MPP fears coyotes

Seems like they're have a lot of coyotes in the area now and a few people are paying for the to be killed. $50 in one county and $100 in another. Betting they did it for the money, had dollar signs in their eyes blocking out their logic.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Well....to be fair, they thought it was a Coyote, and from the video it appears not to look much like a german shepherd and was stated to be a mix.

I know if I saw a coyote in my neighborhood I would shoot it, then again, I can identify a coyote pretty easily.

Why? There's coyotes all over the place, yes even in our cities. That's well known up here. They're as harmless as any large dog on the loose, they don't attack people unless cornered.
We're not supposed to just gun them down, (plus a lot of shepherd husky mixes look the same) - they'll go back into their wooded areas once they've explored, or found someone's loose garbage, same as the raccoons, (or bears) if you're next to a wooded area.

Farmers shoot them to protect livestock, or have them run off with flock guarding dogs- that's different, that's outside of cities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join