It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Single Element Proof The Bible Is BS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well, I'm sure there are many faceted proofs that for the most part, the Bible is BS. But this Element in the Bible takes the Cake by far

"Tower of Babel" I mean, Come on. All peoples of the Earth are living in the same location? and happen to build a Tower to the heavens and pisses God off, so he changes everyone nationality and language

Hell he doesn't even change their location...They all seem to find their way...Its Amazing

It takes 3000 plus years and google translate and we're back where we started

Wonder how God will feel if we start building that Tower again?

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM

Wonder how God will feel if we start building that Tower again?

God's gong to be pissed dude, he's gone be F'n pissed.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

In all fairness, the original story probably was written by those who did not believe that humans existed beyond discovered perimeters. Much less knew that the world extended beyond them.

But most likely this story was written in hindsight to explain the divergence of people that were physically different and whose language was different from their own.

Ghost
edit on 19-10-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I think the funniest part is that I guess we are to believe that none of them were friends so when they were made to speak a different language they just gave up on each other and moved to a different land, oh and some became chinese and looked different, some became black and looked different, some became white and looked different, some became indian and looked different, etc etc etc....

What a stupid story.

God MUST have been racist....you know the old comment....we all looked the same....so he did something about it.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

DAMN GOOGLE TRANLSATE (Shakes fist at the Sun)

They will be the reason for our confusion!

LOL Some of the sites they've translated for me are pretty confusing!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

In all fairness, the original story probably was written by those who did not believe that humans existed beyond discovered perimeters. Much less knew that the world extended beyond them.

But most likely this story was written in hindsight to explain the divergence of people that were physically different and whose language was different from their own.

Ghost
Oh Ok , that explains it...Rolls eyes

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Oh come on theres worse then that...

How about a huge ship built by a senior citizen and his family... all the animals came by twos to join the boat ride...

World wide flood which lasted 40 days and nights, or 120 depending on which part you read... animals just chilled on the boat... they didn't need to eat apparently... dinosaurs managed to get on there as well with some Christians...

in the end, the flood waters reside... and the animals somehow manage to make it from that docking point all over the world...

yeah... sure...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

So we were unified working towards great human achievements and then god divided us from each other.. and now we hate each other.

so is god saying he would rather us kill each other/suicide rather then have us closer to heaven?

soo what im seeing from that tower your talking about is that god wants us to forget about him and just stop trying to get to him, i thought christens are supposed to get close to god so im confused. why all the mixed signals. i mean unless im missing a lot (which i sure i am but i dont really care that much(so much that i didnt even watch the video i posted))

or was there a real reason? like bad motives or something? or were they like i want to hug god! then he makes them retarded
edit on 19-10-2015 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

How about a huge ship built by a senior citizen and his family... all the animals came by twos to join the boat ride...

World wide flood which lasted 40 days and nights, or 120 depending on which part you read... animals just chilled on the boat... they didn't need to eat apparently... dinosaurs managed to get on there as well with some Christians...

in the end, the flood waters reside... and the animals somehow manage to make it from that docking point all over the world...

yeah... sure...

Exactly...No further need to Explore the possibility that the Authors were full of Psychedelic Mushrooms

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

yeah... sure...

Yes, its Preordained

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NowWhat

In wrath

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

DAMN GOOGLE TRANLSATE (Shakes fist at the Sun)

They will be the reason for our confusion!

LOL Some of the sites they've translated for me are pretty confusing!

Considering the threads on ATS today ...

This is oddly appropriate. It even references religion.

I present Star Wars translated to Chinese and then back to English. Thank Google Translate indeed. We can see how the Tower of Babel might have been quite effective.

Also: STRONG LANGUAGE in print. You have been warned.
edit on 19-10-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Haven't you people ever heard of metaphor?

How about allegory?

Parable? Surely you've heard that one.

Or are you just giving a straw man the business? You construct an argument against a false representation of what you want others to think all Bible-believers are--literalists.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Senior is an understatement...wasn't he said to be 600 years old or something when the flood happened? Then he had to live through the Tower of Babel too.....he was 940 at that point. That is 1/6th the age of the Earth according to young earthers....I guess god decided to drop our life expectancy after the flood (all except for Noah....he lived another 350 years)....how cruel is that? First he kills us all off, then he drops our life expectancy then he makes us all not understand each other....geez....talk about screwing up your creation right? No wonder we all have issues.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Oh ya the whole story is nonsense...

I just can't believe some people actually still believe it happened...

then again, there are people that think the world is flat still...

IF its in the book, it must be true... starting to think that mentality is from slight brain damage

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Haven't you people ever heard of metaphor?

How about allegory?

Parable? Surely you've heard that one.

Or are you just giving a straw man the business? You construct an argument against a false representation of what you want others to think all Bible-believers are--literalists.

But creation is real right?

So, which stories are real and which are metaphor again? Surely the Bible makes it clear right?

I love it when christians say one story is metaphor but another is real....all in the same book....those tricky bible writers...always keeping people guessing.
edit on 10/19/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I love it when christians say one story is allegory but another is real....all in the same book....those tricky bible writers...always keeping people guessing.

You know it isn't one "book", right? That it's an anthology of historical prose and poetry (among other styles) written at various times by various authors over the span of hundreds and hundreds of years?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
God counld't have made everyone different speaking their own languages all over the planet..he had to punish them and force them to submit by destroying everything...Lol what an Asshole

edit on 19-10-2015 by SPECULUM because: of Billy

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What's the difference between exegesis and eisegesis?

Exegesis and eisegesis are two conflicting approaches in Bible study. Exegesis is the exposition or explanation of a text based on a careful, objective analysis. The word exegesis literally means “to lead out of.” That means that the interpreter is led to his conclusions by following the text.

The opposite approach to Scripture is eisegesis, which is the interpretation of a passage based on a subjective, non-analytical reading. The word eisegesis literally means “to lead into,” which means the interpreter injects his own ideas into the text, making it mean whatever he wants.

Obviously, only exegesis does justice to the text. Eisegesis is a mishandling of the text and often leads to a misinterpretation. Exegesis is concerned with discovering the true meaning of the text, respecting its grammar, syntax, and setting. Eisegesis is concerned only with making a point, even at the expense of the meaning of words.

Don't be me, bro.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join