It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recomend a Movie Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Check out Circles. Just came out this year I believe. Pretty low budget and in the same style of Cube but I enjoyed it.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
OK, I may take some flak for this, but don't see Truth. Go see The Paper.

Did it win any awards? No, but it has some awesome quotes and Randy Quaid playing a paranoid guy which is just the best irony these days.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
One that flew under the radar.... LA Confidential. Really good movie about nasty stuff and redemption.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Would suggest "I Saw The Devil" if you liked the OG Oldboy. Just watched it about a month ago.

Over the weekend I saw "Amigo Undead" and "Angry White Man" .. Both had Steve Agee and were pretty funny.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
One flew over the cuckoo's nest - Jack Nicholson

Old Sherlock Holmes

The reason I got into looking at loder movies newer show and movies tent to push the plot forward to fast, often giving too much info (a lot that is not really needed). I hate having a movie read to me like a book. I like to get it set up and pictured out in my mind, then let the plot grow and climax to a glorious ending.

Today's movies and show are very dark and somewhat without morals and solid ground. If they did movies like the old ones today, People would have to think more and sit still longer.

One of the lacking traits given our social media based youth of today. NO time to sit still and think.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
"Jupiter Ascending" is well worth a watch.
You've got your greys and reptillians and Earth as a farm all tied together in a bombastic orgy of special effects.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Should be out soon....Look for the old man with a dog.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
"Tucker and Dale vs Evil"
Mighty fine flick.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Tucker and Dale Vs Evil is a lot of fun. Seen it a few times.

a reply to: Ashirah

Would suggest "I Saw The Devil"

This one was very well done.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

If you're looking for good drama storyline type movies that aren't full of violence and whatnot, then I would highly recommend these movies for you:

- Out of Africa (1985) - true story with Meryl Streep and Robert Redford (I can't count how many times I've watched this movie)

- The Book Thief (2013) - great story about a little girl living in Germany during WW2 starring Geoffrey Rush

- The Physician (El Medico) (2013) - the story of a peasant dreaming of becoming a doctor in the 11th century starring Ben Kingsley

- Saving Mr. Banks (2013) - true story about the making of Mary Poppins starring Emma Thompson and Tom Hanks

- Awakenings (1990) - another true story starring Robert De Niro and Robin Williams

- Shawshank Redemption (1994) - a must see film starring Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins

- The Green Mile (1999) - another amazing movie starring Tom Hanks

There are a ton of others, but those should get you started if you haven't already seen them.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It's been mentioned already in this thread but I think it's worth repeating. The Babadook is worth watching for any horror movie fan. Easily my favorite horror movie in at least the last decade. Seems to be one of those you either love it or hate it movies.

Other movies some may enjoy,

Detachment - A solid story about a substitute teacher who becomes disenfranchised.

Short Term 12 - Very touching movie about supervisors of a foster care facility for troubled youths.

Memento - One of my all time favorite movies. A psychological thriller about a man with Anterograde amnesia (inability to create new memories) who is trying to solve the murder of his wife.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I have already seen them. Good call though. This thread isn't just for me but for ALL ATS members

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Another one of those often over looked but actually good films is a not so old film

The Majestic Starring Jim Carrey

overlooked but well done and for those of us who want the country to stand for what is does this one will remind us.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock
I loved Babadook, but that seems to be one that people either love or can't stand. It's on my top list of horror for 2014. I watch a lot of horror lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
"I am Khan" an Indie movie dubbed in English was rather good. It made me almost cry. it is worth the watch if you don't mind the little bit of Reading.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

And here are a few lists.

These are some artistic, some indie and film festival movies, thought provoking and unusual. Not big blockbuster or following a usual formula.
www.imdb.com...

This is a historical timeline. From 10,000 BC to the 2007 Financial Crisis. Far from complete, but it's interesting to see the events in chronological order in movie and TV shows.
www.imdb.com...

And some classic fantasy movies.
www.imdb.com...
edit on 8-11-2015 by Paradeox because: Editing.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Tremors 5 is what I would recommend.

Last one I have watched.

Wouldn't say it's 'awesome'.

If you get bored and have enjoyed the franchise thus far.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Paradeox

Seems like no one likes Push! I loved it. Happy to see some recognition.

That IMDB list is great. Seen most of those. Mr Nobody is so underrated.

All Is Lost, Essential Killing, The Wave, Network, Cosmopolis, Holy Motors, and Exit are the ones I have not seen from your list.
edit on 14-11-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Thanks. Yeah I would definitely recommend them. All is Lost and Essential Killing in particular are a two of my favourites (well they all are hehe), the tension and the struggle to survive. And if you liked Push you might like some of the other Superhero movies on this list. www.imdb.com... Most are the big popcorn blockbuster superhero movies, but there are a few not so well known like Jumper, Chronicle, Defendor and Super.
edit on 15-11-2015 by Paradeox because: Editing.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Paradeox

Cool I will check out All is Lost and Essential Killing real soon.

I've actually seen Jumper, Chronicle, Defendor and Super. I like the eccentric hero movies a lot. Super I have seen a few times.
edit on 15-11-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join