It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is my God.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

The Sun

So big that 1,000,000 Earths could fit inside it. So powerful that it controls everything in the Solar system.

It controls our weather patterns, growing seasons, day and night, and life on earth depends on it.

It loves and hates everyone equally, and gives us free will. Does not demand anything from anyone. Does not tell me who to hate and who to love.

Without it Earth would be a barren, lifeless, frozen and dark wasteland floating endlessly throughout space.

And one day in the far future it will destroy all life on earth and earth itself.

I don't know if this belongs in the Space forum, but I decided to put it here because of the constant back and forth over whether or not god exists.

God does indeed exist, we look at it everyday.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

The sun cannot be god. The sun was created within creation by the laws of creation. The sun adheres to the same laws of the universe that we do as humans. The sun is gods creation, just as we are, just as creation itself is.

On top of that, you have no idea whether the sun loves or hates people. For all we know the sun is as alive and aware as we think we are. Who gets skin cancer? Does the sun decide or do the cells in our body decide that?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

Not to mention that the sun will die in the future and fade away .

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

This is what the really ancient societies knew and was written down as sacred knowledge. Such knowledge has been twisted and changed into the religious mess of ideas we have currently thanks to political and elite ego.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson

The sun cannot be god. The sun was created within creation by the laws of creation. The sun adheres to the same laws of the universe that we do as humans. The sun is gods creation, just as we are, just as creation itself is.

On top of that, you have no idea whether the sun loves or hates people. For all we know the sun is as alive and aware as we think we are. Who gets skin cancer? Does the sun decide or do the cells in our body decide that?

Turn off the sun and all life on earth, even bacteria and single celled organisms die, we depend on its warmth to grow our food and control our weather the Sun pretty much controls everything on Earth.

The Sun also helped create the Earth, the earth formed out of the Sun's protoplanetary disk.

The Sun is our God

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Far better than the hapless drivel spouted by theists.

S+F for you.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I have always looked a the sun as like the grandfather of our Solar System. There is just something about it that oozes power and dominance to me. That may be because of the sheer size it is, and the energy it produces.

But The Sun is more than just that big light in the sky to me.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

My God, The Moon, chases away your weak god every evening.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I don't use the term "god" to describe it, because so many have a preconceived idea of what the word means to them, that it's hard to conceive of other ideas related to the word. It's just confusing... If there was something that I called "god", it would be Nature (and I would call it "Nature"), which includes the Sun.

I guess label-lovers would call me a Pantheist (and all this time I thought I was an atheist!). I don't hold a "religious" position, but a philosophical one.

As a religious position, some describe pantheism as the polar opposite of atheism.[8]:pp. 7 From this standpoint, pantheism is the view that everything is part of an all-encompassing, immanent God.[2] All forms of reality may then be considered either modes of that Being, or identical with it.[9] Some hold that pantheism is a non-religious philosophical position. To them, pantheism is the view that the Universe (in the sense of the totality of all existence) and God are identical (implying a denial of the personality and transcendence of God).
Pantheism

There's so much separation in conventional beliefs - that God is a distinct being, as we all are. I am more inclined to believe that we are all (Pan) part of the same thing, and different expressions of it.
edit on 10/15/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Proof positive that nothing is new under the Sun...

We were created to worship the creator...

Instead, people would rather worship the creation.

And people wonder why we have plagues.

The Pharaoh's heart was hard just like the people of today.

Once again, we will have to learn the hard way.

I welcome the coming darkness so that men might one day see again.

American Pharoah has won the Triple Crown by winning the race at Belmont Stakes. American Pharoah becomes the first horse to win the Triple Crown since the disco days of 1978. America Phoroah was born February 2, 2012. Meanwhile, we are stuck with Faux Pharaoh until January 1017.

American Pharoah wins Triple Crown at Belmont Stakes

It always makes me laugh when I hear someone stating that the “Illuminati Agenda” for control of planet Earth only goes back to the 1800′s, when the evidence overwhelming shows that Babylon/Sumer (approx 4000 bc) and ancient Egypt (3100 bc) were the real beginnings of the Illuminati’s power hold over humanity.

There is no doubting that the Illuminati networks have a strong affinity for the ancient Egyptian time period and much of their symbolism can be traced back to ancient Egypt. The pyramid is one of the most obvious symbols used by them throughout history, but there are many others, including the obelisk (which represents Egyptian God, Osiris’ penis).

The symbol of the Sun God, Ra, was one of the most common images of worship in ancient Egypt and here is Pharaoh Akhenaten, his wife Nefertiti, and their two children worshipping Ra… In 2009 Barack Obama visited the pyramids of Egypt and as he walked through the chambers of the great pyramid he stopped, pointed and said jokingly “That looks like me, look at those ears” But could there really be more to Obama’s statement then it just being a joke?

Ancient Egypt, Reptilian Symbolism and the Cloning of a Pharaoh

edit on 15-10-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

a reply to: chadderson

Not to mention that the sun will die in the future and fade away .

Maybe god is not everlasting. Maybe a "creator's" duty is to give life to something else before it dies, much how we create our offspring and ultimately die. We are created from Earths womb, with the help of the sun, giving the impression of a mother (Earth), and father (Sun). Each will eventually die like our own parents, but together they have created a new creator to continue the cycle.

The only language I have known any creator, god or nature to express is an interchange between life and death. I can live with my creator dying, as the gift "it" has left behind allows us to create in "it's" place. Maybe the universe was created, which in itself creates, as do we create. What will those that you and I create ultimate create in our place?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

You do know it is 2015 and not 1880? you honestly think If we all started worshiping your version of God we would not have plagues?.....

Anyhow OP what an awesome video.
Pat on the back for humanity also being able to make such a video

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
S&F

In this physical existence, the Sun, Earth, and Moon, are our greatest of patriarchs and matriarchs. Just as our human mothers and fathers cooperated in manifesting our births, in like manner, mankind was birthed from these celestial spheres. Even beyond this, these inter-planetary bodies were birthed from an even more grand cosmic dance.

In similar correspondence, our bodies are the conglomerate progeny of trillions of cells and microbiota. Of which, are the brood of elements, particles, and energy.

Truly, from the micro to the cosmic, all is interconnected and one.

edit on 10/15/15 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Mind you OP the size of some stars make ours appear such a puny God.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Yep. The sun is, in fact, our savior.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
You do know it is 2015 and not 1880? you honestly think If we all started worshiping your version of God we would not have plagues?.....

Keep on worshiping YOUR version of God.

See how that works out for ya...

"You will bow before God almighty, thats an absolute fact... Bow now or bow later, eventually you will bow."

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Sorry Muse, while that may be true for our solar system, this just proves my point about Humans, we are NOT the center of the Universe and our Sun is puny. Our Sun is a pubic hair on the crotch of the Milky Way.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Whoa, most original thought ever!

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Wow, most original reply ever!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join