It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't you hate when that season rolls around and you feel lonely?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Every year its the same. It's that season where the end of the year is approaching and you are still single. Its the only time it actually bothers you but you know that it will all go away after a couple months and the new year comes around. It's like a cycle of mostly not caring for 3/4 the year and the rest is reflecting on your life thus far. Being the type of person that i am. It's kinda hard to fit into the social norm. I actually don't fit into the norm at all to be honest. Another year, another couple months of anxiety then its back to rutine. Everyone wants alien contact but they don't want the isolation associated with being different. I guess it's people like us that are the strongest. Sometimes, we all can't have a normal life. And when you try to it just dosn't work. If i could accurately describe my spirit animal it would either be a wolf or a mountain lion. Because its rare that you see me and because of my nature i am elusive.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Are you talking about Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). This is a common thing for many people and not unique to you.

Mayo Clinic on SAD
edit on 2015/10/14 by Metallicus because: added spacing

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I do not hate solitude. I rather enjoy the peacefulness and prefer to be as far away from all the pomp and circumstance of fake holidays.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yeah it sucks but don't do what I have done recently and go out with girls half your age..blooming nuts the lot of them.
I'm sure 20 odd year olds were not as bad as they are today when I was younger.
I have decided until Nicole Kidman is single again I just will not bother.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
If i could accurately describe my spirit animal it would either be a wolf or a mountain lion. Because its rare that you see me and because of my nature i am elusive.

If you choose to be out of sight and elusive why are you lamenting being alone? It sounds like this is the desired end result of not being in contact with other people.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the song not to shabby really. .

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Similar position, I know where you're coming from.

I don't mind being alone, lived my whole life that way more or less, but I have moments when I feel a bit lonely! and this time of year usually exaggerates that feeling.

I like your description of your spirit animal, it fits well.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
At a very young age, my wife died in early November from breast cancer.
For about 6 years afterwards, I would inexplicably become very sad when September came...and my depression would last until the date of her death in November...After which, the depression would lift.
It was only after a couple of years of this that I put my subconscious-based sadness with the events of her accelerated illness and eventual death.

Subconsciously, our minds relive sad events...in real time...and often we are unaware of why we have these phantom feelings; experiencing only their outward effects.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Could be. Preferably i like to be alone well i observe the universe around me. Any other time im not doing alien stuff im working, playing video games or hiking by myself. I'm introverted so i tend to keep to myself. Not really sociable, i actually don't hate any seasons and it wasn't always like this. I just have isolated myself because of my religious beliefs and the way i see the world isn't compatible with modern societies regular functioning citizens. When someone is shown a path beyond what is normal a person debates what life would be like to follow a normal life. But when you're to far deep into it you can't pull out unscathed. I long for happiness but circumstances have shifted to something beyond my own human instinctual desires. And every year i have to reflect on the choices i'v made and the experiences i'v had.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If you take a look at all the stress that comes with the Holiday Season, there's a lot to be said for being alone.

No screaming kids, no fighting in-laws, no drunken partner who buggers off out for the day after they've got their presents. No putting up with people and trying to be nice 'because it's Christmas'.

I quite enjoy the peace and quiet of the Winter Season away from all that. I like to take a walk and see the berries in the countryside and smell the seasonal fragrances.

If you live in town I'd suggest a few days break in the country where you can really enjoy Winter instead of just dreading the cold and gloom of the city. If you're already in the country, what's stopping you?

Christmas just brings a load of anticipation and inevitable disappointment - I'd feel more sorry for those who buy into it than for those who can get away with ignoring it.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I cannot appreciate what you are experiencing, as there has always been people around for me. I'm not talking about having some time by myself, but about having no one who cares for me. Is that what you're feeling?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

This perspective has kept me together for all this time. I indeed enjoy the solitude. I have a small group of friends who i can relate to. Not surprisingly some of the friends i was with during experiences. Sometimes i think of what life would be like had nothing even happened to me. And a major part of this lonelyness is part of that. What life would be like had i been a drone like everyone else coping with reality in their own way. Thanks for the comments everyone. Not that nothing is wrong with being a drone for society and it's social relationships. People need purpose in life. It's just when you have a fork road to travel you can only chose one road. And everything else on the other road is elsewhere. On the different routes that were not chosen. It's like opening 1 of 3 doors when 1 door leads to attaining information about human existance or living a medicure existance. I actually wouldn't all mind the family and everything. It has purpose for those involved. I don't want people to think that what they are doing is unimportant because it's important to someone.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
i like winter and being single.
if i can do it, you can too. sign up today...
ilikewinterandbeingsingle.com

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

Link doesn't work.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I used to to feel those pangs of loneliness too sometimes, especially in the fall.
But they were short lived; I only had to look around me and realize that every one of my friends involved in a relationship were looking at me with envy and longed to be free as a bird, like me

Now I'm in a great relationship for quite a while but I'm surprising myself sometimes wishing that I was free...

hehe, we always want what we don't have!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
im not getting what your going on about, if your single and alone if you chose to walk this path then deal or try going down a path that leads to something new . i myself am quite content being alone

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I believe He was referring to the holiday season formerly known as Christmas. I hate xmas because of this very reason.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Dont put your feelings into any Time of year. Rather put your feelings on hold and remember who you are and who has loved you from time immortal. if you think you are not anything worthy or have nothing of worth think again. Even in your worst state Christ died for you.

Rom 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

There is nothing better than to remember that the purpose of Christ was not to come into the world but to die for it so have the chance to be saved.

But better yet is that God Loves you.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

When someone loves you so much to give their own blood for you, that means you are special regardless of how many people are around you or the lack thereof during any season of the year.

the reason I said all that is because you are not alone. He is there with you through everything you need only to reach out to him and you will find him. Just have faith.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

edit on 14-10-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Chester can smell the blood from 20 threads away. Just couldn't help throwing jesus at someone while their down could ya?

I always dread winter, and being single during the holidays sucks. I will gladly join you in lamenting this cold time of year.

a reply to: ChesterJohn

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It doesn't bother me really.

I find the modern relationship/marriage absurdly shallow and born of convenience or just lustful desire.

The stress free life I live without someone harping on about how I should be more like what they want me to be is not something I will give up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join