It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Levitating lightbulb .... you know you want it !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Lightbuls , boring really they just hang or sit there not really doing much but producing light .... until now !

What may be the ultimate Christmas gift or perhaps just another daft idea taken to Kickstarter is the brainchild of Simon Morris who has a life long fascination with magnets and levitation , Flyte is the result of that fascination.

Keep the bulb I want the mouse !

Morris is offering Flyte lights through his Kickstarter campaign for early pledges of US$239, with deliveries estimated to begin in October if all goes to plan. When it comes to light globes, this sure isn't cheap. You could buy around 50 of Phillips' newly announced low-cost LED bulbs with that money. Indeed this cost removes Flyte from the practical lighting conversation and plants it firmly in the lavish and possibly overpriced art piece camp. But hey, whatever floats your low-energy light bulb, right?
www.gizmag.com...

edit on 13-10-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Ok so apart of me thinks "oh cool I have to have one". It's a really nifty art spin to the charging base they promised years ago.

My not so frosted side makes me think " wow that's a big cost for a trickle charger that will screw my batteries really good".

It would be nice to see a base wireless charger, like the one plastered every where a couple years ago that charged as efficiently as a wired one, I don't think anyone has come up with the means of limiting the electrical fields blasting off it though

Really neat either way, it's progress.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

YESSS I want that. If it worked like a clap on clap off, would be even better!

I keep seeing ads for a site called 'a touch of modern' and they drag you in with a picture of just a small balck ball levitating over a black base. Maybe a desk decoration? Not sure, because every time I click on the ad, I search the site- which has some not bad stuff- but NOT that 1 thing.

edit on 13-10-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Looking at the OP video again, I think it is a small wireless speaker I am looking for. In this video the 'ball' is just brightly colored.
edit on 13-10-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It's cool , until the cat knows how to play with it..

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Ahhh a true cat owner!
Always having to think, whats the cat going to do to this?
Thankfully though my cat has saved me a good chunk of change on may occasions.
Like when i think its time to buy all new furniture... I just look at my current sectional, how the cat made it his own, and i leave that 2 thousand dollars in the bank.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
I've got 2 cats , but only one with fur .. always be prepared

top topics

join