It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you troll?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Not intentionally, but you can´t please everyone... there are times to get sarcastic. He who is not guilty, throw the first stone !

Definition of trolling

Top Definition trolling Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

Guy: "I just found the coolest ninja pencil in existence.
" Other Guy: "I just found the most retarded thread in existence."

Good gravy!!!
I am a troll.
.... skulks off to corner, tail between legs.....

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Jet fuel melts steel beams.
Me? Naaaahhh.
Ok maybe a lil.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I've been known to pull out the inner grammar Nazi on people. Not here so much. People here are either not trying to impress the world with how much they know while simultaneously failing to even pretend they can punctuate, spell and maintain even a modicum of sentence structure ... oh, and claim superior intellect all the while, or they are usually rather obviously ESL which constitutes a perfectly valid excuse this being a known international site.

IMO, trying to berate people as morons without being able to adequately communicate yourself is an invitation to be grammar Nazi'd.

edit on 13-10-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Sarcasm? Me? Oh no ... Never ...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

My favorite trollsters are the one's that use obscure cryptic sarcasm that sounds meaningful and mysterious but in actuality is total BS.

What type of codswallop are you propagating you fustilugs?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That could just be me going all formal on people. If I'm getting what is as close as I get to irked, I get formal which pulls out all kinds of vocabulary ...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thank you as I have been wondering just what the heck am I doing on this site . "grammar Nazi'd. " do I have to really learn how to do all that literary stuff perfect ally to become one ? I am really needing to find my niche ...I am getting tired of posting Youtube clips .

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

If I wanted the opinion from the offspring of a muck snipe gong-farmer and her haymarket hector I would give it to them.

Thank you and good day.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

What type of codswallop are you propagating you fustilugs?
enough ! don't you have some thread to tend to in strange animals and things alien ?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

This should help!

kk?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
enough ! don't you have some thread to tend to in strange animals and things alien ?

Listen here, windy-wallets, being that I am not a lowly balloon-juice lower such as yourself I will refrain for unleashing personal invective upon a known gongoozler.

edit on 13-10-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Perfect .. I will put it on a loop for tonight's sleep ....Kill or cure ,as they say :>)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Oh right so now I am a "gongoozler" bull s#!& ...shall we consult wiki or Webster ?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It's the fault of Diogenes of Sinope. 1st recorded Western Troll.

Well known for his intellect yet he made it a point to be homeless, living in a barrel among stray dogs. Not to mention he like to walk around in daylight with a lantern with claims he is looking for a good man, whenever a sucker would claim to be a good man he'd beat them with a stick. He would defecate in mid public speech.

Meets Alexander the Great when his town he was staying in was conquered, Alexander offered Diogenes anything he desired, Diogenes' reply? "Yeah. Great. Move to the left. You're blocking my sunlight."

Alexander supposedly told his followers, if I weren't Alexander, I'd like to be Diogenes.

Supreme Troll Level Achieved.
edit on 13-10-2015 by Lysergic because: painus

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Oh right so now I am a "gongoozler" bull s#!& ...shall we consult wiki or Webster ?

You are free to consult either but I shall not believe an ounce of podsnappery emanating from your sauce-box.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You are free to consult either but I shall not believe an ounce of podsnappery emanating from your sauce-box.
Did I mention the Blue Jays were reigning champs for 3 years in a row ?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Don't sell me a dog! I am certain you are enjoying this nanty narking but personally I would rather be smothering a parrot.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Don't sell me a dog! I am certain you are enjoying this nanty narking but personally I would rather be smothering a parrot.

Are you a member of the Bullingdon Club per chance?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Name calling is a way to disagree with someone when you have no valid argument. Make it personal, call them a name. If it works the personal insult will cause someone to break the TnC by going off topic in a tit for tat.

Conversation disrupted, thread derailed, the real troll doesn't care, they're off to disrupt something else.

When I was a kid, a troll might have been the kid that took the game ball and went home.

Its my ball and you can't play, kind of tantrum.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I do not consider myself a troll- I don't have the intention of just starting up trouble or provoking disrest for fun.

I actually want to avoid conflict.

On the other hand, when I see a discussion in which one side of an argument is being neglected
I feel the urge to expose the other side, for the sake of balance.

It is sometimes not even "my" side, I am playing "devils advocate" in some peoples terms.

But I think that we need to acknowledge and respond rationally to our opposition, in order to be honest.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join