It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch Investigators Say MH17 Downed by Russian-Made Missile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Accident investigators also conclude that Ukraine should have closed airspace due to fighting in east

GILZE-RIJEN AIR BASE, Netherlands—Investigators probing the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 concluded that a sophisticated, Russian-made antiaircraft missile struck the Boeing Co. 777 jetliner, causing it to break apart in midair and plummet for up to a minute and a half before the wreckage hit the ground.

The Buk missile was fired from eastern Ukraine, said Tjibbe Joustra, chairman of the Dutch Safety Board, as the agency, which is leading the crash investigation, published its final report into the crash that killed all 298 people on board.

The conspiracy theorist in me has suspicions why the airspace over Ukraine was Not closed to civilian aircraft. I think it's obvious any reason to justify military action would be used by both the Russians and Ukrainians.

As stated by the Ukrainians,

That was echoed by Ukraine’s Mr. Babeichuk. “There are no unified, world-wide practices about the total closure of the airspace in such areas,” he said, adding that “one of the examples is Syria, where the airspace still is not closed completely.”

As expected,

Russia described the report as politically motivated. Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov told journalists it reflected an “attempt to come to a biased conclusion and carry out political orders,” state news agency Tass reported.

Recently, we've got several areas, Ukraine, Syria, where proxy wars will be fought. The politics of Putin and Russian will result in strong-arm sanctions from the UN but won't account for much. We'll see how it all plays out.

www.wsj.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Cosmic911

Report also in the Guardian.

www.theguardian.com...

This is so very sad.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Thanks for the additional website! I agree, very sad. The only good, I feel awful for using the word 'good' in this post, is that the passengers died immediately...I hope anyways.

Unfortunately, I think All sides have used this 'incident' to their advantage, or are trying to. The Russians/Putin, the Russian-backed separatists, and the Ukrainians are using the shoot-down for a pretense for violence.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
MH17 Downed by Russian Made Missile.

Three WTC Towers Downed By American Made Aircraft.

It's not the tool used to carry out the act that's important, but who used it, and why!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

With theaters like Syria and Ukraine, it'll be interesting, however, unfortunate, to see low-intensity conflict develop. What types of counter-insurgency will be optimized and proliferated by U.S. intelligence agencies. Once more, the world will fail to heed the lessons learned from previous conflict areas, Afghanistan, Viet Nam, etc. But, as long as the military-industrial complex is fed a constant supply of food, the U.S. will continue to insert it's hands across the globe in the name of democracy. While I'm not anti-U.S. (US Navy Veteran), or anti-humanitarian, I don't like getting our noses bloodied for the sake of certain politicians and corporations getting richer. But, since Eisenhower's warning during his final presidential farewell, our gov't is no longer in the hands of the people, but in those hands who holds the most $$ and influence. But, I digress...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Sorry, Posted twice already.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
MH17 Downed by Russian Made Missile.

Three WTC Towers Downed By American Made Aircraft.

It's not the tool used to carry out the act that's important, but who used it, and why!

Follow the money...everytime!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Sorry, Posted twice already.

Please add to one of the existing threads above. Thank you. Closing duplicate.

top topics

join