It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, For The First Time In My Life I Am Ashamed To Be A Canadian

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The Headline Reads:
Zunera Ishaq — the woman who fought to overturn niqab ban — took citizenship oath wearing one

I am so upset and disgusted I can barely see straight. This woman repaid Canada for welcoming her with open arms by suing my country forcing it to allow her to hide her face during our citizenship ceremony. Our unelected judges upheld her case and she won. This is a very sad day for Canada. The only positive to come out of this will be a rallying behind Stephen Harper. (The lesser bad choice of the three poor choices we have in our upcoming election). He is the only candidate who is trying to stop this travesty and to put the brakes on Syrian refugee immigration to Canada. God help us if either the Liberal or NDP representatives get elected as they both want to open the floodgates to thousands of these people with no background checks.

A statement from one of the hundreds of incredulous Canadians commenting on this nearly unanimously in outrage and disgust said it best:

James Daniel
Those judges are allowing our own values to be secondary to an immigrant who has no respect for Canada before she was even really a Canadian citizen. Disgraceful. Zunera Ishaq, on behalf of Canada and Canadians, I say you should be ashamed of yourself. Coming here and suing us when we gave you a safe place to live and thrive and benefits. All you were asked to do was remove it for your oath, you weren't being asked to remove it permanently and you had to sue us for it. You were commenting in an interview recently that the government's actions were causing Canadians to view Muslims badly, but you've got it wrong. YOUR actions are what are causing Canadians to view Muslims in a bad way! You're a disgrace to our immigration system and shouldn't have been allowed to take the oath at all. You should be sent back to Pakistan. You're not a Canadian. You're an invader. Immigration without assimilation is invasion.

The CBC keeps on with it's claim that this issue is divisive and dividing Canadians but I think they couldn't be more wrong. If anything, it's waking us up and uniting us behind Harper because he's the only one taking a stand for Canada and the CBC and PC liberals/NDP
just can't stand it. Ignoring that 82% of Canadians agree with the ban. That hardly seems divided in our opinions, does it? Nope, that seems like an overwhelming majority.

I've never voted Conservative in the past, and I don't really care one way or the other about politics because most politicians are just really good liars out for themselves but the other two candidates are pandering to Muslims and saying how if they're elected they'd loosen screenings for new refugees to allow more into the country faster and it doesn't seem to me like I have any choice BUT to vote for Harper this time around because I've studied Islam and the rise of Ottoman (Muslim) Empire in depth and it seems to me like we're in the midst of a stealth jihad invasion masked as a humanitarian crisis.
If our economy is so bad, as Trudeau and Mulcair keep spewing out, then how exactly are we affording to take more refugees anyway? None of them seem to be able to answer that question though.
I agree, our economy isn't at its peak right now but the answer to that would be closing the borders to refugees until we sort that stuff out, not open the door wider. Especially if we're letting more Zunera Ishaq's into the country...

Link

Very Blue Wolf

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
As a "Yankee American". I feel your pain. Both our governments have lost thier roots. What's that old Western, anti-secular, biblical saying? "A house devided can not stand"?... I say again, we've lost our roots/foundation. I served with a Canadian Soldier in Afghanistan, that called Missippi "home". Met him at a KBR run laundromat. ..we talked a good couple hours. ..May God bless Canada!
edit on 9-10-2015 by murphy22 because: Spelling

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Caroline13456

Doing a little PC stumping I see ...is that you Steve ? This none issue has been pushed to the for front by the Cons only because it's all they got to divide voters ..I say shame on Steven Harper and his political tactics . He and his gang has shown nothing but contempt for the majority of Canadians only because we have a first past the poll .

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I think we're missing the bigger point in all this which is the Wests' (seemingly) unending desire for constant warfare and "regime" change, especially in the Middle East.

Since at-least 1953 (with Mossadegh), the West has been installing dictators and overthrowing governments in the ME.

And to this day, nothing has changed, the most recent victims being Libya and Syria.

Libya was reported to have had one of the highest standards of living in the World but has since been devastated by the Wests' attacks, Syria was relatively calm.

We allow our governments to wage constant war then complain when the people of those nations flee due to their countries being destroyed...

Canada used to be neutral. Now they've seemingly become part of the international war machine.

We "reap what we sow".

Horrendous cycle with a lot of blood on our hands.

edit on 9-10-2015 by gladtobehere because: wording

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Welcome to our side, we're glad to have you.

Now kick back and watch as people you considered allies moments before you submitted this post call you a bigoted monster.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Mind you you could turn it into a positive and be able to wear some type of mask all the time.
Like Cartoon head.

Just say it is for religious reasons.

edit on 9-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Did you feel shame when the rcmp changed there rules for certain religious officers of punjabi descend where able to drive motorcycles on duty without helmets?

Its my understanding that the lady in privacy before the ceremony had to show her face to prove who she was.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Thank you. Our two countries have a robust and healthy relationship and have for a long time.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I am not a Harper shill by any stretch. Not particularly pleased with a number of his policies but as I mentioned I believe he is the lesser of the three evils.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I vaguely recall reading a blurb about this somewhere online. IIR, the lady proved her identity beforehand, the oath is still valid.

Careful, Canada, careful. Don't pick up the US' bad knee-jerk habits like this. And please, while we're having a heart-to-heart, go back to being neutral in global affairs. Someone on this continent should abstain from International Asshole status.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I'm sorry, you lost me on how the foreign policy of our two countries (much of which I take exception to, by the way) relates to a Muslim woman who is not a citizen of my country can sue my country to force it to break it's own laws. She lied when she took the oath. Our oath of allegiance states clearly that the citizen being sworn in must: 'obey the rules, laws, customs and traditions of Canada.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

Yeah, that's okay. I posted more as a rant to get it off my chest than to engage in a long drawn out debate.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Oh it's already begun. Apparently a guy was arrested at a debate in Calgary, Alberta for wearing a Confederate flag mask on his face...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Yes as a matter of fact I did feel ashamed when that RCMP officer was allowed to replace his Mountie hat with his turban. It should NEVER have been sanctioned.

Regardless of whether she was required to remove her DISGUISE privately prior to the ceremony, she should NOT have been allowed to complete the full swearing in as a Canadian with a MASK hiding her identity. NUFF SAID!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Our people do. I know that for a fact! Our governnents? Well? ..But I'd dig a foxhole with a Canadian Soldier, any day.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Thanks for the warning. Not too thrilled about being called an asshole for standing up for the rights and laws of my country though...

Here's a little food for thought:

www.rapturenotes.com...

When politically correct, tolerant, and culturally diverse societies agree to Muslim demands.
for their religious privileges, some of the other components tend to creep in as well.

Here's how it works.

As long as the Muslim population remains around or under 2% in any given country, they.

will be for the most part be regarded as a peace-loving minority, and not as a threat to other citizens. This is the case in:

United States -- Muslim 0.6%.
Australia -- Muslim 1.5%.
Canada -- Muslim 1.9%.
China -- Muslim 1.8%.
Italy -- Muslim 1.5%.
Norway -- Muslim 1.8%.

At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs. This is happening in

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

edit on Sat Oct 10 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: entire articles cannot be copy/pasted. sources must be supplied....or it is considered plagiarism.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Confederate flag? Wow! I'd say he was way out of his "jurisdiction".

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
By most objective standards Canada offers more opportunity and a better standard of living than any Muslim nation can offer. There is a reason for this and if people truly want to share in what Canada has they need to become more Canadian than anything else and embrace its culture and customs.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Really, this is the first time? Wow, you must be really young, I can think of many other opportunities you had before this.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Ha, Ha! I'm pretty sure he was trying to make a statement regarding true Canadians' rights being trampled on. Picked a unique flag of allegiance to do it with though...

My greater concern is the double standard here. HE was arrested for wearing a mask and she was granted Canadian citizenship while wearing a mask!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join