It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else working a night shift job had any paranormal experiences?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hey everyone, haven't posted in a long time so don't shoot me down just yet

I started my new job about 4 or 5 months ago and it's the first time I have worked the night shift. Been seeing figures out of the corner of my eye here and there and heard some sounds as well as feeling strange energy in some places. Nothing to major just yet, sorry to be vague but I don't want to jump in and say I have had experiences without being able to give any solid proof. I know there have been more than a few deaths here as it is an old company so I don't know if some of them are lingering about.

I thought it would be a cool idea to start this thread and see if anyone has any experiences to share with other night owls on here and keep each other updated of goings on. Obviously there will be people in different time zones but that will make things all the more interesting

I myself am a spiritual person who has had paranormal experiences growing up so you are all welcome and don't feel your experiences will be criticized by me just curious to hear and share with like minded people as I think talking about experiences like these helps keep them alive and vivid.

Looking forward to everybody's input

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I am a little concerned about the shadows out of the corner of your eyes.
There are some serious eye problems.
Please consider going getting a good eye check up just to make sure you haven't got a problem starting.
Good luck. Whatever it is.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Paranormal no, But I had a really strange moment when I was finish Metal gear Two. The reallity and the game mixed in my head and with the strande habits of Metal Gear of breaking the fourth wall... I was pettry mixed up!

The phenomena you describe in your post look like you are missing sleep time AND an you have a slight caffeine overdose. I suggest to ignore those phenomena and to stop any soft drink, coffee or tea. Get some rest (I know it's hard).

Good luck

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: PersonneX

Haha was waiting for these sort of answers. wasn't trying to say they were definite phenomena, just examples, just wanna hear other peoples experiences. I don't drink coffee either just water especially when I'm at work and I also get at least 8 hours of sleep a night.

And before you say it no I'm not crazy... or at least I don't think I am?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I worked 6pm to 6am for many years.

Every night I swiped into that blood sucking company I felt my soul get sucked out.

As I swiped out in the morning my soul returned but it always felt as if it was somehow lacking something it had 12 hours earlier.

After many years of this experience my soul feels like a hollow shell of what it once was.

Does this count?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: blackcrowe
Ok fair enough and not necessarily shadows I'm seeing more meant figures as in seems like a person standing at a doorway one minute and not the next. But Hey I probably am due for an eye exam but have never had any problems with them before. Thank you for the concern though regardless

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19901346]doodles40
Really happy im not the only crazy person 😄

I work at a hotel in SoCal, just recently started the overnight shift.
I've had about 3 encounters, never violent.
Started asking around with everyone who works the shift and came to find out the hotel is built on Indian burial grounds (about 1/3 of property) what a way to make me feel much better lol.
I've seen a Black mass and inanimate objects move. Creeps me out but won't stop me from working.
Myself personally it makes the Overnight shift a lot more fun.
But recently in the past 3 weeks nothing has happened.
So in the mean time I'll wait for "Charlie" to come out and play.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: doodles40
a reply to: PersonneX

Haha was waiting for these sort of answers. wasn't trying to say they were definite phenomena, just examples, just wanna hear other peoples experiences. I don't drink coffee either just water especially when I'm at work and I also get at least 8 hours of sleep a night.

And before you say it no I'm not crazy... or at least I don't think I am?

You'll get that a lot here. Some wise-asses will initially jump to the conclusion that it's automatically a physical problem on your part, just like there are those automatically think it's paranormal. Rarely do I see happy medium in discussing both sides. Just as people automatically say every UFO and Bigfoot pic is a hoax. The great majority are of course, but some exist where there's no solid explanation to disprove. Some questions: 1) what kind of business is it? 2) is the building new or old? 3) do any other employees ever say anything about strange going ons? But on the other hand, persistent shadows in the corner of the eyes can indicate a problem with the retina. If it continues, I would definitely get it checked out.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: doodles40

Tons of them... 20 years at a University Medical Center, midnight shift in trauma units, er, morgue.... and the tunnels.

Itll take a bit and I'll have to compose off-phone.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 16:44 link quote reply a reply to: blackcrowe
Ok fair enough and not necessarily shadows I'm seeing more meant figures as in seems like a person standing at a doorway one minute and not the next. But Hey I probably am due for an eye exam but have never had any problems with them before. Thank you for the concern though regardless

Together we are a powerful force As one mind body and soul. Let no evil enter nor attempt To Beliefs reduce us because of the beliefs we hold. And with this love combined with our strength We ward off pain and stress. Technician I am wholeheartedly in life and in death!

No worries

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
A friend o mine took a night watchman job at an old (unoccupied) hospital, which was shut down.
He said he would hear voices and footsteps almost every night. He said he dreaded going to work there and quit after about two weeks...and said he'd never work there again.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I worked 6pm to 6am for many years.

Every night I swiped into that blood sucking company I felt my soul get sucked out.

As I swiped out in the morning my soul returned but it always felt as if it was somehow lacking something it had 12 hours earlier.

After many years of this experience my soul feels like a hollow shell of what it once was.

Does this count?

Hmmmm I don't think that's too strange at all actually sounds pretty normal
haha hope you are in a better place now

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Absolutely. I also have a similar experience I just started my graveyard post and have worked graveyard before but never have I had so many blurs of motion while on patrol, keep in mind at this site we have a major amount of meteorite within feet of the ground usually dissapating at about 20 -50 ft. I'm talking like maybe 30 a night visible as all other light sources sometime will have tails there that big

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: doodles40
Hey everyone, haven't posted in a long time so don't shoot me down just yet

I thought it would be a cool idea to start this thread and see if anyone has any experiences to share with other night owls on here and keep each other updated of goings on.

Oh, I have a few. I work the 11PM to 7AM shift a few times. In the education building when your doing building checks the elevator'll start up on its own when your the only one in the building and stop at each floor your doing your rounds on. Other times you'll hear doors slamming and hear faint voices from that you've already checked and locked.
Another time on a housing unit, I'm reading a book and out the corner of my eye I see a figure walk past my office and walk down the dark corridor, I look up and watch it turn to into the hallway leading to the fire exit. I keep an eye on that area when I leave my office , when I get down there, nobody. Got a few more but I'll leave with this for now.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuburbanD
a reply to: [post=19901346]doodles40
Really happy im not the only crazy person 😄

I work at a hotel in SoCal, just recently started the overnight shift.
I've had about 3 encounters, never violent.
Started asking around with everyone who works the shift and came to find out the hotel is built on Indian burial grounds (about 1/3 of property) what a way to make me feel much better lol.
I've seen a Black mass and inanimate objects move. Creeps me out but won't stop me from working.
Myself personally it makes the Overnight shift a lot more fun.
But recently in the past 3 weeks nothing has happened.
So in the mean time I'll wait for "Charlie" to come out and play.

Oh wow nice! and I reckon that would make things a whole lot interesting alright haha. Yeah I've been quietly asking others around the place if they believe in that sort of stuff. Always cautious who I speak to about these things, especially because I am a team leader here so don't want non believers thinking I'm going mad

Keep me updated if you get any other activity

Have you looked into the history of the place? You mind me asking the name of the hotel? No worries if youd rather keep it to yourself I will understand

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Haha yeah I haven't been on ATS in a few years people used to take things a lot more seriously on here

Ok answers 1) A milk processing plant. 2) the building is old, not sure how old exactly but I know it's older than me and I'm 23? I can find out exactly how old though. and 3) Hm yeah I have quietly been asking around but warming up to it like at first just asking if people believe in all of that, I'm weary about who I speak to about that stuff especially because I have recently been promoted and run a team so last thing I want is for non believers to think I'm going cuckoo

But yeah I'm working on number 3.

And yep ok will do

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: doodles40

Tons of them... 20 years at a University Medical Center, midnight shift in trauma units, er, morgue.... and the tunnels.

Itll take a bit and I'll have to compose off-phone.

Oh wow! Would love to hear about them! Will definitely be looking out for your reply

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
A friend o mine took a night watchman job at an old (unoccupied) hospital, which was shut down.
He said he would hear voices and footsteps almost every night. He said he dreaded going to work there and quit after about two weeks...and said he'd never work there again.

Dam can only imagine the freaky stuff that could be hanging around there. Anything ever follow him home or has he experienced anything after that job?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5thNovember
Absolutely. I also have a similar experience I just started my graveyard post and have worked graveyard before but never have I had so many blurs of motion while on patrol, keep in mind at this site we have a major amount of meteorite within feet of the ground usually dissapating at about 20 -50 ft. I'm talking like maybe 30 a night visible as all other light sources sometime will have tails there that big

Wow where do you work? that sounds intense

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Great thread topic! I worked as a night stocker at a grocery store in college for a while. Nothing paranormal that sleep deprivation couldn't explain.

Been working for a while as a baker for a grocery store chain. I get up at 2 and clock in at 3. Nothing freaky yet. Only been on the job three months, though.

Changing my sleep cycle has messed with me in non-paranormal ways. I'm far more jumpy. People can sneak up on me. That's never happened before. I always thought it was due to "mystic Injun blood" (I'm 1/4 Blackfoot) that no one could ever quietly surprise me with their presence, but I guess sleep cycle patterns play a huge role in our awareness of our surroundings.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join