It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians in America Murdered for Their Faith; Media Yawns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: Klassified
I think the media HAS pointed out a bias against Christians by the shooter, DS. I knew about it, and it seems others in the thread knew about it. So it certainly isn't a secret. I think the issue here, is that Christians are such an overwhelming majority in Western civilization, that the persecution percentages are infinitesimal in comparison to other groups being persecuted. That being the case, it's hard for Christendom to scream persecution, and be taken seriously at present. Especially since historically, Christians ARE the persecutors.

Funny thing is, I don't personally know any atheists, anti-theists, or anti-religionists, that think violence against anyone for their faith is OK. Quite the opposite, they are appalled at the thought. The growing conflict between Christianity and the secular is an intellectual and philosophical debate, and that is the realm it needs to stay in. Murdering people of any faith is NOT a way to "win" the debate for either side.

I'd be extremely cautious with the comments in your last paragraph, not only does history show that having no faith hasn't stopped the cull of those who profess a faith, and if you look for terms such as millitant atheist, atheism etc, you may be surprised. Not sure why you should though, atheism where people group together to profess it fairly much defines it as a cult - although I'm sure many would take umbrage at that.

anyhow, neither here nor there really in the context of this thread.

True they ignore Stalin and Mao.

I believe both Stalin and Mao were avowed atheists.
Who thought atheism was best for their countries.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I'd be extremely cautious with the comments in your last paragraph, not only does history show that having no faith hasn't stopped the cull of those who profess a faith...

You're right. It doesn't. History also shows that having faith doesn't stop the cull of those who profess no faith.

...and if you look for terms such as millitant atheist, atheism etc, you may be surprised.

No surprise at all, sir. There are always psycho's on both sides of any debate who think they are right in resorting to violence.

Not sure why you should though, atheism where people group together to profess it fairly much defines it as a cult

Not at all. That makes them a group of people who are of like mind. If your statement were the case, all religion would be defined as cults, simply for gathering at church/synagogue.
edit on 10/8/2015 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw
Here's your card, Grandma...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Not surprised.

ad hominem post.

Sigh. Honestly I expected more from you.

Not the others, they are so entrenched
in their hatred that they are blind to
their own deep and entrenched hatred
of Christians.

Not so you.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Have you ever read the boy who cried wolf btw?.

I did read that one.

The wolf ended up eating the boy cause he was acting like a monkey.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The US propaganda behemoth is a very strong beast

So is the support it receives world wide from many that sit back and take pot shots at Christians in the U.S.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

It would not surprise me to find several definitions that already define church as cults.

After seeing how they went in and changed the definition of marriage at a whim and with no reason other than to rewrite history.

Buckle up cause it will get worse and you probably would be grouped in with the rest of us simply by proxy.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: DeathSlayer

There was coverage on UK news that witnesses said the shooter said stand up if you are Christian, those that did were shot dead (or at least those he shot, I don't know if that was all that had identified themselves as such). Although this sounds like a touchy point, they didn't die for their faith (ie, there is nothing I've seen reported where he said words to the effect of 'I'm here to kill Christians, identify yourselves') IMHO, but because of it - if I understood correctly, when he asked the question it could have been the non-Christians he decided should die.

That's not in anyway demeaning the senseless, ridiculous loss of life regardless of faith, colour, creed, gender/gender preference because some idiot thinks he has a right to take their life away from them

LOL
That is quite the twist in logic you just done.

Of coarse they were killed because they were christian

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antidisestablishment
a reply to: TheBulk

That isn't true at all, Bulk. There isn't any hate of Christians in this thread, you must be projecting.
This killing was racially motivated, but it's been spun to appear to be a religion motivated killing. By the way, FYI the KKK consider themselves a Christian Organisation too.

Really racially motivated?
You do know the killer was a black man, that has come out in the media.
You do know he was NOT a white supremacist, but his writings indicate
he may have been Wiccan or Muslim, but definitely not a white supremacist.
Well, the killer was half black/half white, I guess if you say Obama
is white then the shooter was white.

So by your own criteria, it was a black man lining up and shooting
white people?
Why did the media ignore that one, if that is how you see the shooting
as racially motivated?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

Not surprised.

ad hominem post.

of Christians.

Not so you.

Oh, come on Grandma. It was there. I couldn't resist. Laugh it off, and take it in the light intended. That's why I put the *wink* with it. Although admittedly, Christians aren't persecuted in the U.S. at this time. They're too much of a vocal majority.

ETA: The ME is another story. Those Christians who can, need to get the hell out of Dodge.
edit on 10/8/2015 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

That isn't true at all, Bulk. There isn't any hate of Christians in this thread, you must be projecting.
This killing was racially motivated, but it's been spun to appear to be a religion motivated killing. By the way, FYI the KKK consider themselves a Christian Organisation too.

Yeah ok. A bunch of people denying it's a problem, when (as someone who doesn't believe in religion) I can see main stream hatred for this group in the media. Now we have people calling them out for murder. That's a problem.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

So when the OP persecutes others that is fine and dandy? Is it okay for the religious to persecute? like they have done for years? and continue to do so?.
Sorry the OP has made around 5 threads bleating the same BS.
If you think questioning a religion is persecution I pity you.

So if the guy had called out Muslims, do you think it wouldn't be the headline and lead of every media story?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
christian persecution? really?

how many people in history were murdered in the name of christ the redeemer?

How many people in history were murdered by communists
who were killing the religious to cleanse the countries?

How many people in history were murdered in mass before Christianity?

How many people in history were murdered by the Vikings?

How many people in history were murdered by warring African tribes?

How many people in history were murdered by Muslims?

How many people in history were murdered by groups who considered them outsiders?

This argument is old.
It is fallacious.

Whatever nationality or creed you are, or religion or non-religion, your group in history
was murderous. Does that make you murderous?

Does that make it ok to persecute/kill/hate
communists?
Muslims?
Africans?
Northern Europeans?
US citizens?
Everyone says the US is to blame for hundreds of thousands of deaths around the world
I could go on and on.

Now do you see how fallacious your argument is?

So if one of your ancestors hundreds to thousands of years ago
killed someone
that takes away your right to complain
if people want to see you dead, or spew ugly things at you?

That is really what you are saying.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

It would not surprise me to find several definitions that already define church as cults.

After seeing how they went in and changed the definition of marriage at a whim and with no reason other than to rewrite history.

Buckle up cause it will get worse and you probably would be grouped in with the rest of us simply by proxy.

I personally consider certain sects of Christianity "cults" by modern definition. For instance, Harold Camping's church still predicting doomsday dates. They obviously didn't learn from their founder.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: grandmakdw

Not surprised.

ad hominem post.

of Christians.

Not so you.

Oh, come on Grandma. It was there. I couldn't resist. Laugh it off, and take it in the light intended. That's why I put the *wink* with it. Although admittedly, Christians aren't persecuted in the U.S. at this time. They're too much of a vocal majority.

ETA: The ME is another story. Those Christians who can, need to get the hell out of Dodge.

Ok sorry I misunderstood.

You are one of the few rational ones that people can have a fun discussion with
while disagreeing to the absolute max.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Sometimes, I think some religious people will go out of their way to invite misfortune upon themselves, auto martyrdom. It's a validation thing, if you aren't being persecuted, you are doing it wrong. It's harder to look righteous if you aren't a victim.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Yeah ok. A bunch of people denying it's a problem, when (as someone who doesn't believe in religion) I can see main stream hatred for this group in the media. Now we have people calling them out for murder. That's a problem.

What you must understand about the media is, they don't report mainstream thought. They create it. They are the social engineering arm of those who own the media. Namely, about 6 corporations own the media world-wide. They're job is to tell you how to think, not to let you make up your own mind.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
How about all us regular people that don't believe in fairy tales? How come there isn't outrage from the media? Many more of us are killed daily, but nobody seems to care cause it's not national news.

/end sarc

It's time for all these radical religious types to get over themselves already. The Oregon incident is tragic and I feel for their families, but playing the victim card over and over is ridiculous. Eventually, nobody is gonna give a crap anymore imo.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

wtf
When have non religious type been asked about it then shot for the answer?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Sometimes, I think some religious people will go out of their way to invite misfortune upon themselves, auto martyrdom. It's a validation thing, if you aren't being persecuted, you are doing it wrong. It's harder to look righteous if you aren't a victim.

again wtf
Are you trying to imply that students went to school that day hoping to get shot far some reason in order to fulfill their ego.

I think you peeps need to do some soul searchin.

I know it is in their somewhere.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join