It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, what is your particular 'Theory of Everything'?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I have lurked and/or participated in many threads in this forum regarding the nature of the Universe. Among other topics.
I have read countless posts by several members espousing their particular views on the nature of reality, the Standard Model, Quantum Physics, and the Universe. One thing I keep running into is people repeatedly calling for those with drastically alternative theories from those which are currently accepted to create their own thread to explain and debate these theories. But they never seem to materialize. So I want to give all those with ideas outside of the accepted norm in regards to physics a place to expand on what they see reality as consisting of.
Personally, I generally agree with the Standard Model, and many aspects of Quantum Physics, QCD, QED, etc. But I am not a physicist. And I am open to all ideas. Especially those that can be tested. So please speak your mind. Explain your point of view. And if you have cause to dispute what you see here, then do so, but civility will be appreciated.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Hey pfishy, here is the catch, everything else means the same thing just different explanations to support a particular perspective of everything perceivable.

Science is starting to prove what the philosophers have preached over the ages. For example, CERN recently discovered symmetry of matter and anti-matter.

As the saying goes "one cannot exist with out the other" and with a twist "All is one, one is all"

Believe what suits your fancies

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
J.R. "Bob" Dobbs, the salesman to the gods, sold this particular universe to JHVH-1 at a bargain basement price.
JHVH-1 is a little "special" but we should obey the rules of this insolent child god.
Otherwise he may just smash up the whole pile of Cosmic Legos that he has constructed this reality from and start over.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
J.R. "Bob" Dobbs, the salesman to the gods, sold this particular universe to JHVH-1 at a bargain basement price.
JHVH-1 is a little "special" but we should obey the rules of this insolent child god.
Otherwise he may just smash up the whole pile of Cosmic Legos that he has constructed this reality from and start over.

LOL

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Flora are natural to this planet needing only the sustenance the planet and sun provides.

Fauna appears to cope very well with the planets environment and has evolved and adapted to the planets changes with time.

There is only one species that appears out of place, for instance and as a single example that comes to mind, with it's natural "skin" this species gets sunburnt easily and can die with minutes in cold environments. So, to adapt, it has done what no other species needs to do - it has created artificial environments on this planet to survive - a fundamental requirement of this is the destruction of the planets natural flora and fauna.

This species I talk of, in my opinion, is not native to this planet but has been introduced to it and is therefore the aliens we are searching for. Maybe we are looking at this whole scenario incorrectly.

Can you guess the species I speak of?, they are destructive yet ironically amazingly loving and do not have the capability to yet find who or what actually placed them on the planet because their philosophers and scientists think each other are wrong when both are correct..........soon though.

The Fermi paradox (or Fermi's paradox) is the apparent contradiction between high estimates of the probability of the existence of extraterrestrial civilization and humanity's lack of contact with, or evidence for, such civilizations..

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

What's the point? When you die he's going to chuck you in Hell anyway. He keeps saying he's going to save a few here and there, but when it comes to the point he can't resist the squealing.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Well, they may have found clues that can help explain the apparent dissymmetry. The Standard Model itself has long predicted that they should be symmetrical. And actually, other models such as Supersymmetry also predict that there should be an equal amount of antimatter in the universe.

And in regards to that particular video, I have no idea why she was giving a TED talk on something she was so obviously not well-informed on. When she called CERN the European Center for Particle Physics I had to quit listening. And most working theories predict antimatter. They just can't explain why there wasn't an truly equal amount created at the Beginning. Thus, why only one type generally exists now (matter). Though neutrino oscillation may help to explain that.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishySo, what is your particular 'Theory of Everything'?

Interestingly enough, there has been no successful/accepted ToE!
I have floated mine in various science/philosophy forums, and it has never been refuted, but the amount of ego and emotion involved when we start messing with people's 'beliefs' is toxic to health and intellect.
There is no way that we can float some grand ToE without the messenger being killed!
If I offer, for instance, a logical, rational argument against the vanity of 'free-will/choice' as being anything other than ego/imagination, already a huge segment will take that as a personal attack, scientists, laymen...
And there will be 'self-defense'!
Ego = our identity.
Say that someone is a figment of the imagination and BOOM goes the dynamite! *__-
There will never be a generally accepted ToE!

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction." --Albert Einstein

Other than that, a good question, so how deep do we go?
A quick paragraph? Volumes?
People have tried, writing more and more, adding a few more Universes here, more dimensions there, impaling themselves on Occam's Razor... but they fail, ultimately.

Any and all 'theories' exist in/as 'thought/imagination', and all 'thought' is conditional, and inherently dualistic.
Reality/the Universe/Truth... is NOT dualistic, cannot be 'defined/limited' by conditional 'concepts'!
You cannot 'imagine' unimaginable, ineffable, transcendental unconditional Love/Enlightenment!

'Truth' cannot be 'understood', it must be 'lived/experienced'!
We must BE Truth to Know Truth!
Knowledge = experience!

The mental masturbation is always exciting, and leads to many blissful... epiphanies...
But all that 'ego' must be left behind at the door at the bottom of the rabbit hole! *__-

Vedanta teaches that;
”’Reality’ must rigidly adhere to that which is in an unchanging state of ‘universal’ permanence.”

And that is everything!

There is One (unchanging, ALL inclusive) Universal Reality!
Every moment of Universal existence is a unique Conscious Perspective (Soul) of this One Reality!

"For every Perspective, there is an equal and opposite Perspective!" - The First Law of Soul Dynamics (Book of Fudd)

"Consciousness is the ground of all being!" - Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics
One Universal Consciousness!
Every point in the entire Universe is Consciousness!

Existence = the complete Universe = Nature = Reality = Consciousness = Truth = Love = 'Self!' = God = Brahman = Tao = ... etc....
ALL INCLUSIVE!!
'One'!

"Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true." - Demosthenes

"Be empty of what you know
Your clever mind just whips up
A dust storm of pride.
Allow yourself to be fooled and
peace clowns its way into your heart.

If your head would shatter in wonder
at what Reality really is,
reason’s tyranny would end and
every hair on your head would
become an oracle" - Rumi

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Flora are natural to this planet needing only the sustenance the planet and sun provides.

Fauna appears to cope very well with the planets environment and has evolved and adapted to the planets changes with time.

There is only one species that appears out of place, for instance and as a single example that comes to mind, with it's natural "skin" this species gets sunburnt easily and can die with minutes in cold environments. So, to adapt, it has done what no other species needs to do - it has created artificial environments on this planet to survive - a fundamental requirement of this is the destruction of the planets natural flora and fauna.

This species I talk of, in my opinion, is not native to this planet but has been introduced to it and is therefore the aliens we are searching for. Maybe we are looking at this whole scenario incorrectly.

Can you guess the species I speak of?, they are destructive yet ironically amazingly loving and do not have the capability to yet find who or what actually placed them on the planet because their philosophers and scientists think each other are wrong when both are correct..........soon though.

The Fermi paradox (or Fermi's paradox) is the apparent contradiction between high estimates of the probability of the existence of extraterrestrial civilization and humanity's lack of contact with, or evidence for, such civilizations..

Sublimecraft, that is intense man, very insightful perspective. Never ever thought of seeing it from that angle.

Cool stuff..

Peace
edit on 7-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

They aren't the only species that alter their environment to suit their needs. Even basic tool use can be argued as an example of doing so. But, check out this little bugger...
zombie fungus
Wiki link

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Very well stated. I do have a question and a comment. First, could you give me a bit of background on the Book of Fudd. Honestly, all I can picture is a disfunctional guide to rabbit hunting and determining which hunting season it actually is. Not to be disrespectful, but having never heard of it, I'm sure you can understand why it conjures those particular images.
My comment is this: I am no believer in any version of the Anthropic Principle. I am not vain enough to believe that the entirety of the Universe exists solely because we can observe it, nor that it exists under the apparent rules it follows to allow us to exist to observe it.
edit on 7-10-2015 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

There is only one species that appears out of place, for instance and as a single example that comes to mind, with it's natural "skin" this species gets sunburnt easily and can die with minutes in cold environments.

Have you seen what happens to a slug if you leave it out in the sun too long?

Have you seen what happens to a fish when you take it out of water?

And are you aware that your post has nothing whatever to do with the topic of this thread?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

They aren't the only species that alter their environment to suit their needs. Even basic tool use can be argued as an example of doing so. But, check out this little bugger...
zombie fungus
Wiki link

I think he meant building artificial things such as the internet where we can discuss how it all begun.

edit on 7-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Fantastic.

The fact that we humans are also engaged in numerous symbiotic and parasite-host relationships is yet another piece of evidence showing how closely we are related to other life on this planet.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I took it to mean altering the natural state of things to ensure your survival.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

So we are the universe equivalent to North Korea?...damn and I thought my day was bad before!

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

"You leave it out"
"You take it out"

Who is this "you" that is removing these species from their natural environment? Are slugs removing slugs from the shade into the sun, are fish pushing other fish out of the water?

Wow, your arrogance has blinded "you"

the topic of this thread?
IS, what is your particular 'Theory of Everything'?

I gave my opinion, so...

Thank-you, your opinion is noted.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

I took it to mean altering the natural state of things to ensure your survival.

Depends on how you see it.

Internet is only possible, when transmitted through physical towers which are mostly made of steal, which are mined from the earth beneath our feet.

Hence, altering the natural flora and fauna in the process, as Sublimecraft was saying in the first place.

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
My favorite TOE is the simulation hypothesis. However, 'Hidden in Plain Sight 2' by Andrew Thomas is a great PopSci style attempt at GR and QM unification and is very cheap on Amazon. I recommend this to anyone with an interest in physics.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I get what you're saying. I was just addressing it from a more basic standpoint.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join