It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the word on live meets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I'm curious if there's anything on that. (Didn't see anything that seemed specific about it in the site T&C.) I love the internet and the anonymnity it presents, etc. but I have a feeling it may not be 100% reliable in the future when we will most need it. Would be neat to see who's out there in regards to who's local. Not looking for anything like a major organized event at the moment, just meeting up in some public place to chit-chat on stuff related to these forums. (Just another way to network I suppose, and that's from somebody who tends to feel socially awkward away from the keyboard.)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75

I wouldn't suggest meeting with people on this site. And, we come from all over the world, it prolly cost a lot in air fair.
The anonymity of an individual is fantastic, this IS a topic secret site... We all here do some sort of "check your privilege" (believe me i know first hand
) & the mods here do a great job regulating, along with the help of other longer standing members who have "earned" their creditably to their character.

It would be dangerous and ill advised to pursue a personal meeting with anyone you meet online. I think there is a show called Catfish that divulges the horrors in this regards.

If another way of networking is what you want, then i would suggest using your creative energy and make a web site just like that! I would join for you, you could be the next Mark Zuckerberg.

Love your avatar btw.

Star!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

You are more than right.

Sometimes I have really admired someone's postings
and then later read some truly crazy stuff they
have written and realize they are not the person
I thought they were.

Some would say that describes me.

Anyway, not safe, not wise, quite a dangerous
thing to contemplate.

I've seen people admit some pretty weird
stuff about themselves that you might not
catch if you weren't in the thread.

Definitely, not safe to have a large
gathering of people who have fun
ripping each other to shreds
(albeit quite politely on ATS)
on an internet site.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
A small group of us here met up in Scotland last year.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Jane

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75
There are several members here who have met in person, and even a few who met their SO at ATS. The rules for meeting a member, should be the same as any other site. Take it slow, and be cautious. Use common sense.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join