It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allopathy has lead us here...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Personal experience subordinates any scientific study...More people need to realize that.

But more about my rant...

My neighbor strolls by today. She had an appointment to feed chickens mango peel. I didn't know chickens ate mango peel. But I digress...

So... my 3 yr old and I are playing in the yard. After a brief interaction with my child, the neighbor comments with a big happy smile... "so glad to see she is starting to speak on time..."

So I'm supposed to accept this as the new normal?
No.

The decision to wake up is your own.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Im confused.

Is it her comment that angered you?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

I think the OP was referring to the fact that the neighbor thought a child not speaking until the age of 3 could possibly be normal.

OP, when I had chickens, we fed them watermelon and cantaloupe rinds. They loved it.
edit on 10/5/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I feel like this is some secret message and wouldn't seem so bizarre if we had the code. Or I'm super dumb and missed something. Both seem likely.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Well, I get what the OP was saying with their story about their neighbor, but I do disagree with the OP that personal experiences hold more weight than studies. The OP is trying to say that "modern medicine" and pharmaceuticals are dumbing the people down.

However, they are saying that personal experience is better proof than studies. The reason I disagree with that, is that personal experience can be very limiting. If you are only surrounded by once race of people who belong to a specific socioeconomic group, and never interact with someone outside your group you may perceive the world differently than someone from a different group.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1indeed they do Domo, indeed they do.

edit on 31America/ChicagoTue, 06 Oct 2015 01:02:50 -0500Tue, 06 Oct 2015 01:02:50 -050015102015-10-06T01:02:50-05:00100000002 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Just drunk as a skunk.
edit on 0620151020151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Anyone that keeps chickens and eats mangoes is a tw** in my book.
edit on 6-10-2015 by and14263 because: I used fowl language.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I feel very offended despite hating mangos and not keeping chickens. I would like to have chickens, YOU BASTARD!

Ha! Fowl language. I think you can say the tw** word on ATS now. Least offensive thing I can imagine, like saying bloody or fanny. Still makes me lol that fanny is something very different across the pond.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

What she said is not unusual in the least. Children who do not speak must be carefully observed, to ensure that their lack of effective vocalisation is not related to a problem with their hearing, or with their ability to learn, or with their neurology with regard to the linguistic centres of the brain.

I spoke relatively late, at age three. Up until that point I had done nothing but cry, gurgle, scream, laugh or remain docile and silent. Mother used to hate taking me to the doctor, or to see a nurse for a checkup, because they would refer to my silence as potentially being an indicator of some underlying issue. All of that was resolved when the first three words to leave my mouth were clear, concise, and had an obvious meaning. Those words were "Beach, buggy, walk."

Admittedly, they were not up to my current standard of grammatical flair, but into the buggy I was put, and to the beach we went all the same, and from that point all concerns were largely abandoned. In any case, because the issue of speech is so fantastically important, it is not at all odd that people refer to it when making small talk relating to your little one.

It has been fairly common since I was a silent tot, and I spoke my first words 27 years ago! This is not the new normal. It is an old standard.
edit on 6-10-2015 by TrueBrit because: Typo removed.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: and14263

I feel very offended despite hating mangos and not keeping chickens. I would like to have chickens, YOU BASTARD!

Ha! Fowl language. I think you can say the tw** word on ATS now. Least offensive thing I can imagine, like saying bloody or fanny. Still makes me lol that fanny is something very different across the pond.

Wait, Fanny is "butt" in the US, and occasionally a really old woman's first name. What else is it?

As for the OP, I'm confused. Is this a rant against neighbors expressing the emotion of happiness? I can't figure out the point.

new topics

top topics

join